Default Question RE: Level Progress

Hi guys,

New to this forum. My brother and I have picked up PSO+ for the Gamecube and have been playing offline co-op. However, I have a question about level progress. Every time we save and quit, when we go back in we have to start over from the beginning of Forest 1. Is that normal? Is there no way to jump right into say, Caves, if you've already beaten forest?

If I remember correctly, at least one of you needs to complete each map in offline mode, following the principal orders, then in multiplayer that player should be able to choose each area freely. I'm not sure if this is needed for each difficulty or if local multiplayer works the same.

If you have unlocked an area in single player mode, then the first stage of that area becomes unlocked by default for you. It only counts for that difficulty though, so beating everything on normal will leave everything in hard mode locked until you beat it in single player hard mode.

Keep in mind though that just beating a boss in single player won't unlock the next stage for you, so remember to speak to the principal in Ep1 (or the NPC's in the lab for Ep2) to actually unlock the next area.

Also IIRC the stages open are determined by whoever is 'host'. In the case of offline multiplayer, it would be whoever is in the top screen (or top-left if you're playing 3 or 4 players)

If you both want the areas to stay unlocked all the time, regardless of who is player one, you'll both need to progress through the single player game.

In multiplayer - whether online or offline - the areas that are unlocked at the start of a game are determined by what player 1 has already got unlocked on their single player save file.

Note that difficulty settings aren't determined by this method, but rather by the level of the lowest level character in multi. Single player characters can unlock harder difficulty settings at pretty much any time by making their way to and defeating the final boss of either episode.

Multi difficulty unlocks
    Under Level 20 - Normal Only
    Level 20 - Hard Mode unlocked
    Level 40 - Very Hard Mode unlocked
    Level 80 - Ultimate Mode unlocked.

Naturally any characters that have the harder difficulties unlocked can go to any of the lower difficulty levels at any time.