Page 1 of 15 123411 ... LastLast

Default The extinction of the male characters...

I've been on a somewhat long break from playing PSO2. Between the constant connection problem, some "issues" with other players and just being somewhat bored with the game I just decided to leave for a while to explore some other gaming options. I still miss this game sometimes though...But there's still something that irks me to no end about PSO2.

And that is the fact that it's so freakin' focused on female characters. Seriously though, it seems like 95% of the games characters (not players) are female.

"But wait Chimeria. The joy of playing an online game is choosing to play as whatever you want to play as!"

And that's entirely true...But it seems like Sega makes waaaay more stuff for the female characters than the guys. Seriously, we get no love. Even the latest player created costumes are only for the women. There are about 111 different hairstyles for guys while women have a whopping 228. There's more accessories aimed towards them, their emotes are usually way more detailed and dynamic. (And less goofy looking) More costumes are usually released for them it seems as well...Guys do like having the options for more outfits and looking cool while kicking ass.

"Well, If I'm going to play a game for hours, I'd rather look at a woman's ass all day then a guy's..."

I love women just as much as the next guy but Sega clearly doesn't care (as much) about the males here. I honestly think they're going to phase out the guys...Hell, I think there will even come a point where they'll create a new race consisting only of females that you can only play as if you pay premium for it.
    LOL.

Sorry if this was coming off as a rant (which is sort of is...) but I just pointing out a few things I've noticed during my time away from the game.
    Last edited by Chimeria; Feb 23, 2015 at 08:30 AM.

cause female costumes are more fabulous than male's (only a few male costumes are an exception)

Well, majority of the player base chose female characters AT THE START of the game, so SEGA noticed and made more stuff for females. This in turn enticed more people who joined later to make female characters and well, you see where this is going. If you want to be upset with anyone, you could try the initial player base but that's not gonna get you very far.

Also one of the outfits for this scratch is for a dude, it was the black sleeveless thing with the large cape-like bottom to it. And there's more male stuff for the second half of the player designed scratch.
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Because waifufag.

SEGA are also kinda on fault since they're keep feeding and pander these people to no end to generate more profit, and since it's a success they keep doing it.

Quote Originally Posted by kuromechan View Post
    cause female costumes are more fabulous than male's (only a few male costumes are an exception)
    Well yeah because Sega puts more effort into them...

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    Well, majority of the player base chose female characters AT THE START of the game, so SEGA noticed and made more stuff for females. This in turn enticed more people who joined later to make female characters and well, you see where this is going. If you want to be upset with anyone, you could try the initial player base but that's not gonna get you very far.

Also one of the outfits for this scratch is for a dude, it was the black sleeveless thing with the large cape-like bottom to it. And there's more male stuff for the second half of the player designed scratch.
    I'll even go back to before the game was released...I wish I could find that video with the devs being SUPER hyped over the "advanced boob slider." They knew what they were doing before-hand man. I guess they don't called PSO2 a waifu simulator for nothing.

I can't seem to find the costume you speak of though Stealth. Hopefully, there are some cool things planed for the guys though in the second half. I am still looking forward to the Shizuru outfit but even that frustrates me because it's a recycled outfit from the past games. lol

Quote Originally Posted by wefwq View Post
    Because waifufag.

SEGA are also kinda on fault since they're keep feeding and pander these people to no end to generate more profit, and since it's a success they keep doing it.
    I was thinking PSO2 would become scarlet blade where all the characters are female but PSO2 is actually fun...
    Last edited by Chimeria; Feb 23, 2015 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chimeria View Post
    I can't seem to find the costume you speak of though Stealth. Hopefully, there are some cool things planed for the guys though in the second half. I am still looking forward to the Shizuru outfit but even that frustrates me because it's a recycled outfit from the past games. lol
    It was this one but upon further inspection I see it has heels, so scratch what I said. The Unisex one comes out in the second half.
    Spoiler!

On that note, this one totally should have been Unisex.
    Spoiler!

Also:
    I wish I could find that video with the devs being SUPER hyped over the "advanced boob slider." They knew what they were doing before-hand man.
    I honestly don't know of many games with a boob slider like PSO2's so yeah. But they still fail, because no butt slider. But I guarantee that even without the super boob slider, we'd still have plenty of female characters running around.
    Last edited by Stealthcmc1974; Feb 23, 2015 at 09:01 AM.

The James Franco of PSO2 NoiseHERO's Avatar

"Well, If I'm going to play a game for hours, I'd rather look at a woman's ass all day then a guy's..."

I love women just as much as the next guy but Sega clearly doesn't care (as much) about the males here. I honestly think they're going to phase out the guys...Hell,
    Man I've always thought that line was stupid, I always look at the back of my characters heads lol. (Even when playing as a girl. ) basically either "I'm uncomfortable with my sexuality" "I only play girls for perverted lonely man reasons" or a dumb excuse period.

Nevermind the secretly wanting to be a woman, or being a gay guy in disguise (It's 2015 no one cares anymore) or "I just like the way people treat me when they think I'm a girl because of some insecure reason scenarios. THOUGH it is funny you don't hear said excuse anymore now that being gay/trans is finally mainstream accepted.

End of the day, fuck what other people think. But yeah.

I think there will even come a point where they'll create a new race consisting only of females that you can only play as if you pay premium for it.
    I dunno about the premium part... but I wouldn't put a "female-only" race past them at this point, yeah.

AYY. All you nillas days is numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseHERO View Post
    "I just like the way people treat me when they think I'm a girl..."
    Back when I played Metal Gear Online, I fucked with people and made them think I was a girl for shits and giggles. Haven't done that as much in PSO2 sadly.

On the note of an all-female race, I'd be upset and okay with it simultaneously. I'd be upset because it would be a "Fuck you" to the guys who want the beasts in PSO2, and I'm okay with it because Mass Effect did it with the Asari, and those guys (or girls, they only have the one gender) are awesome.

cast better than male that's why

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    On that note, this one totally should have been Unisex.
    Spoiler!
    I could sort of see that. I hope the unisex ones do actually look unisex and not just women's outfits that guys can wear. The one you were talking about still wouldn't look good on guys even without the heels. And that huge ribbon on the back...

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974
    But they still fail, because no butt slider.
    Totally freaking agree about the butt slider. Who knows, maybe they'll add one in eventually. *shrug*

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseHERO View Post
    Man I've always thought that line was stupid, I always look at the back of my characters heads lol. (Even when playing as a girl. ) basically either "I'm uncomfortable with my sexuality" "I only play girls for perverted lonely man reasons" or a dumb excuse period.

Nevermind the secretly wanting to be a woman, or being a gay guy in disguise (It's 2015 no one cares anymore) or "I just like the way people treat me when they think I'm a girl because of some insecure reason scenarios. THOUGH it is funny you don't hear said excuse anymore now that being gay/trans is finally mainstream accepted.

End of the day, fuck what other people think. But yeah.

I dunno about the premium part... but I wouldn't put a "female-only" race past them at this point, yeah.
    I have a trans cousin so those kind of things don't really bother me. She's freakin' gorgeous too. (as weird as it feels to say that. lol) But I totally understand, I've seen how people treat female characters. And I know some girls who personally hate it because they just want to be seen as a player and not treated any different based on their gender. But yeah the excuses are pretty dumb too...Half the time, I'm not even looking at my character because I'm watching the enemies and trying to dodge/block attacks. But I guess it applies more for when standing around B-11 and doing various dances...

As for the gender-locked races, I've never been too keen on them. I feel like it takes away from the freedom to be whatever you want in a game. And I was just being overly drastic with that comment but with the way Sega is going, I wouldn't be surprised if something like that happened in PSO2.
    Last edited by Chimeria; Feb 23, 2015 at 09:20 AM.