Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    You can just copy them over. PSO2 will make all the necessary stuff when it launches.

A SDD will improve patching time, load time, and all around performance because the game constantly reads from the hard drive.

If you're using the Tweaker, you've never needed a proxy for it.
    I don't use Tweaker. I ended up just copying over the /data folder and saved myself 3 hrs of patching shortly after my second post.

Technically you just contradicted yourself. Saying it doesn't improve performance, then mentioning a slightly faster load time... I'm aware other things impact the rest of the game's performance more, but that isn't really an affordable option for me at the moment. Didn't have much choice but to buy a new hard drive considering my last one was definitely doneso.

My comment wasn't made to discourage you from getting an SSD (putting pso2 on the ssd). As a matter of fact GET AN SSD! and yes you are 100% correct that I contradicted myself. I was simply giving the benefit of the doubt to the ssd since ssd's by default beat hdd's by a lot.

Since I didn't use any real software to "trully" benchmark the ssd's vs hdd in pso2 load times that's why I given it the benefit of the doubt. But honestly from what my own two eyes saw there's really no "true" gain from moving pso2 on a ssd that a normal user will notice.