Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Game guard = BSOD?

So this didn't start until recently, but I'm thinking that it's Game Guard messing with my drivers or something. I've been getting random BSODs from improper drivers to illegal use of the page files. Heck, if I close PSO2 and then shut down my laptop too soon it creates an error, and then my laptop goes to a black screen, where it'll turn off and on repeatedly with nothing showing. It's like my graphics card went out. I had to reset my laptop to factory settings twice now. This also seems to happen only if there's a problem with GG and I don't delete the folder to force it to redownload. Anyone else have Game Guard causing insane problems?

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Yeah, I did get that kind of problem before on my PC ...... and it magically disappeared (magically appeared out of nowhere too). So too bad I can't help you with that :/

Note : And in my case, I also need to do a file check every time I want to play / done playing. Because if I don't there'll be a Memory error when playing. Even if I did a file check, there's still a chance that error will happened. Forcing the game to close and I had to do a file check again. Happened with or without tweaker. And I'm not using patch too orz
    Last edited by final_attack; Mar 6, 2015 at 11:08 PM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

GameGuard is well known for all sorts of BS.
    It frequently freezes my entire pc for example.

Gameguard is the perfect virus.

What are the programs I need to close so it doesn't bluescreen? I've been getting bluescreen'd for like 5-6 times now since last night, and I haven't run anything different that I have run for like 5-6+ months and this issue hadn't really popped up rarely if at all? >.>

Yeah, I don't understand just how someone could poorly code a program so badly that it BSOD people for random reasons.

@cheapgunner The only thing I can think of is you need to delete the gg folder and have it redownload. That might fix the issue.

Gameguard is very equals BSOD.

If I recall correctly, companies pay Gameguard a fortune for the ability to destroy customers' lives.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Gameguard is very equals BSOD.

If I recall correctly, companies pay Gameguard a fortune for the ability to destroy customers' lives.
    That's stinks. =/
    Why do you treat your fans like Shit SEGA..... <.<
    --------------------------------------------------
    Planning to replay PSP2 and prove to myself that the chaining mechanic do not slow down the pace of the combat. =/
    Planning to replay PSU (ep1 and 2) for story and gameplay, PSZ and PSP2 offline mode Only Also I'm keeping my FC for psz up though the Network Mode is closed.

SEGA should change their DRM...

It's for "security" measures.
    If it can't offer a decent protection against "potential" threat, so that means self-destructing method always used, at least by some who is incompetent to code a better protection.