Page 2 of 23 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Great ideas here. I will be directing may people over especially after the Ult pt i was in yesterday with people @ lv70 with half ground half crafted red weps without 50% ele and lightning set from Tagami... god help us all.

Tian / Gwanman especially because it's a 2 unit set, allowing for white tail / ing plate ontop.

Also, the Folly rear + leg and flau arm (and some other unit I forget) combo gives more pp than Saiki (just 1 but hey).
    They are certainly a lot easier to get.

Just to clarify, this guide is far from done. I will certainly include the +90 attack unit sets, but I'm trying to avoid min-maxing, which is why I'm focusing on making pp saiki more of a preference to the reader. I brought up bio weapons due to their availability to free players, their multiclass properties, and generally decent potentials.
    I'll try to add more to the guide soon, so thanks for the input everyone!

Yea but I think a big source of players with junk gear is that they think their only upgrade path is XQ and Saiki which takes ages. I'd rather not see a player with junk gear for weeks and then doing stuff with a +7 Bio weapon at 30% while they slowly build it up.

I'm more of a "here and now" kind of person. Like "Raid your titles/bingo for boosters. Run SH Maggy. Pop every booster in your bank if the music changes before Gate 1 and drown in Pristine Small Hammers/Keneis/Pandoras/whatevers. Get the weapon you use to 50%. Cube the remaining 10*s to exchange for FUN, scratch for grind risk reductions and +20 it. Also +10 the Hiei set you picked up and craft it. Boom decently geared in <1 hour. Now go run TACOs and affix them up." kind of here and now.

Endgame players will be running XH Maggy due to the 4-run nerf anyway.
    Last edited by Selphea; Mar 9, 2015 at 10:00 AM.

Adding on to the Gold Tech Defense craft, I believe it's actually 4% Tech res, and 4% All Element res, covering a lot of attack types.

A lot of the Block 1 peeps really need to see this, lol. Just be prepared to hear the, "I play for fun", junk get tossed around.

Why no love for XQ units? (If I didn't just skip that part on accident since I glanced over)

Quote Originally Posted by Megidolaon View Post
    Tian / Gwanman especially because it's a 2 unit set, allowing for white tail / ing plate ontop.

Also, the Folly rear + leg and flau arm (and some other unit I forget) combo gives more pp than Saiki (just 1 but hey).
    They are certainly a lot easier to get.
    Yeah if you're talking about uncrafted... crafted gives 15 more pp, so folly set is kind of shit now.
    Quote Originally Posted by NovaanVerdiano View Post
    Why no love for XQ units? (If I didn't just skip that part on accident since I glanced over)
    0PP set bonus.
    Last edited by milranduil; Mar 9, 2015 at 03:27 PM.

This guide is fantastic. Definitely one we should keep. Sticky maybe?

I know I'm guilty of the affixing, I'm building up meseta okay...
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

So, I'm a newish player. My highest level is 42 Techer.

I, personally, don't find this guide really... helpful? It talks about concepts such as grinding attributes and adding affixes without linking to resources to really explain what that all means and what things to look for.

While you most certainly can go look up the info for yourself it's just asking for more and more researching. The type of player you don't like isn't the kind that's going to just go find all the information on their own-- that's why their in the situation they're in to begin with.

Additionally, I don't think your gear suggestions are entirely reasonable to a new player (IE, the ones that need the most help). A lot of it depends on your drop rate or buying items. Myself? I've only see two 7* wands drop. The only reason I have a full set of 7* elemental wands is I spent most of my meseta buying them (and they're most certainly not all +10, 50% attributed). I would think a +10, 50% attributed 5~6* is probably better than a 7* that you haven't found/can't afford the necessary additional 7* items to elemental grind with.

The "easy money" options really aren't available right away, and more over, the new player might not know what they are. For example, I'm fairly positive most of my money comes from the daily featured quest because I frankly didn't know the Time Attacks were better.

At least point to the resources that support the topics you're putting out there. The affix simulator, for example, is great... if you already understand the mechanics behind affix adding and which affixes are good for you. Obviously this information is out there, so link to it. You started good with linking the attribute page on Cirnopedia and talking about how the Matter Board 3-1 helps in getting the Hiei set; but then it drops away from there.

Thanks you very much for your guide !

Now I am gonna use crafted lvl 2 Alva Jet Boots and 7* Tagami Set !

With shitty affixes of course !

May the affix power be with me with those new 13*.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.