Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

So basically....

If you had a 1% chance after all of your RDR boosters and Drink, and you chose to run 600 Angas...and given that you would have a 99% chance of NOT seeing a drop AT LEAST ONCE..

You get... 1 - (99/100)^600 = 99.75% to see a 13* at least once.

Of course "adios" ran at 850+ and received one weapon...and if the projection of FULL BOOSTERS amounting to half of 1%, and 850 runs....we would have

1 - (995/1000)^850 = 98.58% to see a 13* at least once....

So basically using boosters and running this increases the rate by such an insignificant chance, that such a drop would so totally random to the point the question on whether using boosters for such insignificant gains is worth it...

At least compared to all the time required to actually go through with the runs...

Using Adios as an example.......We take the average run time of around 10 minutes to actually reach 250 points, all the shit in between like boss spawns, and killing Anga, spending 8500 minutes to run Anga not counting the time it takes to actually have a player find anga...at 141 hours and 40 minutes.

Is this accurate?

...and if we do get one drop, there is no guarantee to get a second drop to make a 60%, which is why I rather run Challenge for an Ideal weapon.

I already learned not to waste my time on chances so CLOSE to 0 to get an item that it might as well be 0 to the point that total appearance of the item truly is a random RNG.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

The last time I ran anga I got a drop on my third kill. I more or less stopped playing after that because it was my 6th unwanted and 5th offclass 13*.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Falco View Post
    killed over 600+ angas with constant 250's sometimes 350 sometimes with joker and mostly during boost weeks and using full lr sets with lr2 umbla stick

what did i get? a bunch of dio weps and no 13* screw that going pure ideal cause relying on rng is stupid and entering jp passwords was awful
    There's no rng in getting ideal. It's a matter of when.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Yes, but 11*s and 12*s are stronger than Ideals. Definitely for tech, probably the same for the racist latents on melee/ranged.

Of course they're the strongest on bosses, though.
    Last edited by Z-0; Mar 26, 2015 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    Yes, but 11*s and 12*s are stronger than Ideals. Definitely for tech, probably the same for the racist latents on melee/ranged.

Oh I was about to bring some math in here before the edit, but I will anyway.

If we're talking something simple like boulay arl + 7% average stance vs ideal karen, karen noticeably beats arl on mobs since karen has an atk advantage of... 411.2 after element.
    Last edited by Maninbluejumpsuit; Mar 26, 2015 at 02:25 PM.

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post

As far as wands go, Ares > Seras Cure > Ideal > everything else. Summit Moon's about as strong as Ideal, only very slightly weaker (not even 1% really), and that's one of the strongest 12*s in the game, having a 14% latent that works on anything. Should be a similar story for other melee/ranged weapons, Ideals ought to be about 3rd or 4th best at the worst.

Definitely not that great for rods/talis though.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    As far as wands go, Ares > Seras Cure > Ideal > everything else. Summit Moon's about as strong as Ideal, only very slightly weaker (not even 1% really), and that's one of the strongest 12*s in the game, having a 14% latent that works on anything. Should be a similar story for other melee/ranged weapons, Ideals ought to be about 3rd or 4th best at the worst.

Definitely not that great for rods/talis though.
    I love that the Ideal weapons have their specific purpose. They are all about Boss Slaying and due to the 60% element (as opposed to 50%) and the higher Attack Values, on raw numbers alone against it destroyed a lot of 10350 weapons with their potentials. Bring to it the 18% vs Bosses and I saw a big difference outright.

I am happy with the Ideal Weapons.....
    ...and I'm happy with Challenge itself.

Like I tell to people in conferences, meetings, and presentations all the time..

"Nothing sucks more than talking about all of those neat products that are deemed to be the very best of the best and then realizing we can't get our hands on them or by the time we do, it will be outdated. As a rule, the very best of the very best is what is currently available and what we can work with....and when anyone questions you that is what you say 'I did my best with what I have...'"
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"