Default (Apparent) issues with translation patch

So, I started playing PSO2 today as per suggestion from a friend. It loads fine, runs fine, but it seems like a bunch of stuff isn't translating with the tweaker and english patches. I understand that the tutorial is apparently new, so that might just not be translated yet, but quite a few notices and other story things suffer from this as well. Also, the thing the ticked me off to the issue, was that all of the lobby "rooms" names were still in JP, while my friends were all translated.

I have tried reinstalling tweaker, running all the troubleshooting things in the tweakers, reinstalling the patches, installing the patches manually, and finally running the tweaker as administrator and going everything again. Any possible fixes? Or are these things just not translated...

Thank you!

The Block name translations are a function of the PSO2proxy, so if you can connect to the game normally, you won't see them. Either way, they proxy doesn't seem to update the names very often, so it may be giving the wrong information. The text-box that shows up next to the list of blocks is usually up to date and typically gives you all the information you'll need to know what each block is for.
    Most of Episode 1 and 2 Story events are translated save for some in-mission dialogue, but current story missions from Episode 3 are still untranslated, though work has begun on them. If you accidentally started with Episode 3 (you see Xiao in the shop area), you can go back to Episode 1 by selecting Matterboard 1-1.
    Also just to note, due to the way SEGA updates their files, sometimes things that were previously translated may revert due to the dialogue being moved to different files.
    Last edited by Anduril; Mar 20, 2015 at 11:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    The Block name translations are a function of the PSO2proxy, so if you can connect to the game normally, you won't see them. Either way, they proxy doesn't seem to update the names very often, so it may be giving the wrong information. The text-box that shows up next to the list of blocks is usually up to date and typically gives you all the information you'll need to know what each block is for.
    Most of Episode 1 and 2 Story events are translated save for some in-mission dialogue, but current story missions from Episode 3 are still untranslated, though work has begun on them. If you accidentally started with Episode 3 (you see Xiao in the shop area), you can go back to Episode 1 by selecting Matterboard 1-1.
    Also just to note, due to the way SEGA updates their files, sometimes things that were previously translated may revert due to the dialogue being moved to different files.
    Oh, alright then, thank you very much. I did in fact talk to the Xiao guy, and that was part of my concern. And, as you say, a few in-game text boxes and some character subs aren't translated as well, at least in that first area. Of mild concern is that a few of the "information" boxes are also untranslated, so I dunno if I'm missing out on important learning.

Edit: Also, playing the game right now, it seems that none of the dialogue from the vendors in the lobby are translated.

(Also, I am a huge scrub. What is the matterboard?)
    Last edited by Alzack13; Mar 21, 2015 at 12:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alzack13 View Post
    Oh, alright then, thank you very much. I did in fact talk to the Xiao guy, and that was part of my concern. And, as you say, a few in-game text boxes and some character subs aren't translated as well, at least in that first area. Of mild concern is that a few of the "information" boxes are also untranslated, so I dunno if I'm missing out on important learning.

(Also, I am a huge scrub. What is the matterboard?)
    Matterboards are what progress the story. On the main menu, the first option on the globe icon is Matterboards; just pick the first one in the list and it will drop you back into Episode 1 storywise. Also, most of the info boxes are about things that are pretty basic and that you'll most likely figure out for yourself quickly enough.

EDIT: Basically, the English patches only translate what is deemed absolutely necessary to play the game as top priority, so much of the flavor text and NPC dialogue is still untouched as it is not high priority, though some of it does get translated over time.
    Last edited by Anduril; Mar 21, 2015 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    Matterboards are what progress the story. On the main menu, the first option on the globe icon is Matterboards; just pick the first one in the list and it will drop you back into Episode 1 storywise. Also, most of the info boxes are about things that are pretty basic and that you'll most likely figure out for yourself quickly enough.

EDIT: Basically, the English patches only translate what is deemed absolutely necessary to play the game as top priority, so much of the flavor text and NPC dialogue is still untouched as it is not high priority, though some of it does get translated over time.
    Okay, good to know. I suppose what I don't understand, I can just look up or ask of a friend. Thank you for your patience!