Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GU/HU or GU/RA?

So I have the same problem, I play as a Ranger and after this update I'm wondering if I should go sub gunner or hunter. I need the best dps as possible. Also I found gunner a bit difficult to play, I mean that after trying this class with quite good guns my dmg was fairly low and wonder why. I planned gunner as a main but now, idk. In this case would it be better to make gunner as a sub for ranger? Cuz Ra seems to make much more dmg.

EDIT. Or rather RA/GU hm?
    Last edited by Kurome; Apr 23, 2015 at 06:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphia View Post
    Maybe my Gunner guide will help.
    Selphia, I have Aptitude Up 2 added on 5 points and Killing bonus on 3.. Does it make such a mistake? After reading topics related to ranger I found it necessary for the build to go. Or something has changed since the 2014 that I don't know about.. But will it make the game difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurome View Post
    Selphia, I have Aptitude Up 2 added on 5 points and Killing bonus on 3.. Does it make such a mistake? After reading topics related to ranger I found it necessary for the build to go. Or something has changed since the 2014 that I don't know about.. But will it make the game difficult?
    Killing Bonus is ok although I don't personally think GuRa needs it as much as RaBr/RaHu since it has Attack PP Restorate and now TMG Mastery (need to update that tree).

Aptitude Up 2 is a waste though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurome View Post
    Aptitude 2 is a complete waste of skill points. Killing Bonus isn't exactly bad but it's not exactly good either considering you need these points elsewhere if you want to maximize your build's potential. Keep in mind that Selphia's build maximizes your damage output on bosses with a huge focus on chains so if you're trying to go with that Killing Bonus is useless since you won't be gaining any PP from that skill. And there are other much more reliable (less situational) skills to restore PP.
    Last edited by Searaphim; Apr 23, 2015 at 07:30 AM.

Killing Bonus is ok although I don't personally think GuRa needs it as much as RaBr/RaHu since it has Attack PP Restorate and now TMG Mastery (need to update that tree).

Aptitude Up 2 is a waste though.
    So I plan either Ra/Hu or Ra/Fi since I already have br on my other character and want to try something new.

Heh which means i'll end up making a character from the beginning? lmao just cuz of that one tree..

Quote Originally Posted by Searaphim View Post
    Aptitude 2 is a complete waste of skill points. Killing Bonus isn't exactly bad but it's not exactly good either considering you need these points elsewhere if you want to maximize your build's potential. Keep in mind that Selphia's build maximizes your damage output on bosses with a huge focus on chains so if you're trying to go with that Killing Bonus is useless since you won't be gaining any PP from that skill. And there are other much more reliable (less situational) skills to restore PP.
    but Selphia has only gunner as main in her guide, and I'm not willing to play him. I just can't.
    Btw I really enjoy playing ranger although he may be annoying or even boring for some ppl.
    Last edited by Kurome; Apr 23, 2015 at 08:15 AM.

Oh there's a Ranger guide on this forum. Ranger is a fun class but I made one for Gunner because it's a class that doesn't seem to have a lot of resources out there. Next one is JB Bouncer and then that should be all from me.

Aw yiss, I've been a huge fan of your previously guides. Looking forward to a Jet Boots one, since I've always wanted to play with Jet Boots!

Oh there's a Ranger guide on this forum. Ranger is a fun class but I made one for Gunner because it's a class that doesn't seem to have a lot of resources out there. Next one is JB Bouncer and then that should be all from me.
    idk whats fun class. Too bad u can't make a Ranger guide anyway.