Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Ah, I see. I'll keep that in mind from now on then, thanks.

Really cool read, and you have covered many things. I do not doubt this will be a helpful guide to many people starting the game and coming here for actual advice.

Of course, you should expect dissenting inputs when writing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Q. What's the most overpowered class? I want to deal lots of damage!
    The answer to this should mention at least FI/HU, but most melee classes that include HU or FI are very strong.

Te/Hu or Te/Br for wiping out large groups of mobs instantly via overlapping damage.
    I do more damage as TE/FI than TE/BR or TE/HU - I don't even play TE/HU at all anymore, because of how outclassed it is.

Full support isn't really viable in PSO2. It focuses more on damage.
    If you want to "support", you'll want to try and increase your damage and other people's damage.
    Well, and you can try to keep them alive.
    Depends what mission. I could concede to you that in most missions, you will not need someone going full support, but in several EH emergencies and Ultimate Forest, a full support techer changes the deal much more than another damage-dealing player. Players alive = higher team DPS.
    Please do not support the idea that party DPS is the addition of individual DPS, it’s the root of all terrible parties and terrible players.

Sword - Sword is not 'decent' at mobbing, it's one of the best in the game. It's also a good boss killer if you want. The weapon type is not that slow, but I do agree it's quite bad without the gear, like most weapon types.

Partisan - Once again, partisan is not 'decent' at mobbing. Speed Rain and Slide Shaker are insanely good at mobbing.

Wired lances - Maybe 'decent' is your word for 'unparalleled'. See Other Cyclone.

Twin daggers - You say thay have short range, I guess you do not mean Symphonic Drive or Raging Waltz.
    The gear is not solely increased by using the weapon action, but also by jumping with the daggers unsheathed or by using certain PAs.

Knuckles - The gear mostly increases the speed of attacks (regular and PAs), even if it also affects some PAs in other ways.

Double sabre - This is probably the weapon type I feel the most confortable with, at the moment, and I can use double sabres for almost anything. They are very strong in 1v1 situations (Fake Capture, Rumbling Moon, Illusion Rave), but the dreaded Chaos Riser PA can wipe out entire spawns easily.

Gunblade - You could at least have mentioned it's still one of the strongest mobbing tool of the ranger class :P

Katana - Katana is rather weak at the moment, but I find it a very PP efficient weapon type.

Rifle - 'Very versatile'? It's mostly a boss killer, now =/

Launcher - I think you just like using the word 'decent' :P Cosmos Breaker and Cluster Bullet are very powerful mobbing PAs, a lot more than simply 'decent'.

Twin machineguns - What do you mean by Reverse Tap being interrupted by its own hits?

However, wand whacking tends to be exceedingly brain-numbing.
    I lol'd.

Jet boots - You're a tough one to please. Moment Gale is very good at mobbing and stupidly easy to use.
    You should have mentioned how the Switch Strike skill affects jet boots. It's definitely something one should know in order to plan a class properly.

Anti - Since you have mentioned Deband Toughness and Shifta Strike for the relevant techniques, you could mention Super Treatment, here.

Megiverse - Also amazingly useful against bosses in parties. If you can use Megiverse, please do.

Zondeel - Zondeel is only good if used properly and with others in mind. Otherwise it can be a crippling technique to a full party.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrith View Post
    I do more damage as TE/FI than TE/BR or TE/HU - I don't even play TE/HU at all anymore, because of how outclassed it is.

Zondeel - Zondeel is only good if used properly and with others in mind. Otherwise it can be a crippling technique to a full party.
    These things are factually incorrect. Te/Fi undeniably has worse damage modifiers than Te/Br and Te/Hu. That's basic math. And Zondeel is almost always followed by the player, by themselves, wiping out the Zondeel'd spawns, requiring very little in the way of teamwork. It takes a very incompetent Zondeel user to endanger other people or otherwise hamper players by doing it poorly. Only real place for using Zondeel specifically with other people in mind is organized TD runs.

I was thinking of doing a beginner's guide in a form of a video tbh. This is super indepth though. Nice work.

Thanks. I wasn't sure if it was written well and covered everything.
    I do think a video would be good. Some things are more easily conveyed via imagery.

@Hrith
    Will take those things into consideration and edit it later, thanks.
    I wanna get some other stuff done right now.
    You're right, I should mention that using Zondeel can also cause problems when used at the wrong time. Forgot about that.

I thought about making a guide like this too recently. Yours is well put, but, I think, more things could be explained, like:

0. Maybe, some moments about character creation?
    - Which options can or can't be changed after character is made;
    - Difference between "Base Face Type" and "Face Variant";
    - Lights in Character Creator are too perfect compared to the rest of the game.

1. "The class I want to play isn't in the list when I create a character"

2. "How do I use Just Attack?" / "What is JA?"
    - Explain red circle thing;
    - Note that it's important to learn timing it instead of just mashing attack button faster, because many class combos boost JA heavily;
    - ...JA is not a different kind of attack but rather a damage modifier, so it boosts PA/Techs and stacks with Braver's Attack Advance (and with everything else, while we're at it).

3. "How do I get new moves?" / "What are these discs for?"
    - Setting PAs/Techs on palletes;
    - Learning discs;
    - Where to get new discs (drops, Photon Drop Shop, buying lv7+ rare discs from Player Shop when player reaches lv25-30);
    - Add something about power notation;

4. Stances have to be activated manually.

5. Multipliers are multiplicative. Like, really, really multiplicative.

6. "I can't seem to unlock new quests?" / "Why am I stuck at lv30?" / "How do I get subclass?"
    - Who is Koffie and why she's there;
    - What client orders besides Koffie's are necessary;
    - Where do you find all of those enemies (link to Cirnopedia or something);
    - You need to talk to client after completing objectives to make CO count as completed.

7. Don't start out with an "original" build. Learn the game by playing popular class combos, then make sure you actually know what you are doing.

8. Some gear moments:
    - Locking important things;
    - What is "affix" even;
    - How important are elements, how to account them when comparing weapons;
    - How to pick a better weapon of the two:
    - Weapons of different categories shouldn't be compared, better keep both;
    - If you are comparing weapons in Weapon Pallete menu, you should equip weapon you are trying to replace, because it compares weapons to the one that's equipped and not the one that's being replaced.

9. "What are all these items I am getting? Which ones should I keep?"
    - Don't send client order items to storage, because you'll just keep getting them and won't complete objective. Decide whether you want to keep, sell or NPC-trash CO items if you managed to get too many.
    - Planet crystals and other crafting stuffs;
    - Keep boost tickets from "Consumables" for later;
    - Keep everything that's in "Misc" tab until you know what to do with it, no exceptions;
    - Caps, passes under "Quest items" are really important when you reach certain levels.

I'll consider adding those too, thanks. Will do it later.

Edit: Still feel like crap, lazy to update.

@Hrith
    I started off writing "decent", then was afraid to use stronger words in case people started arguing about it
    So, I just left it at that.

Also, my feel for mobbing effectiveness is kinda shaken by stuff like XH and Ulti.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Apr 5, 2015 at 03:50 AM.

Sorry to butt in but every other thread states this is a No No so why is there?

"Popular/Viable Class Combinations:

Gu/Hu Ra/Gu"

Its viable now?
    =Ziel= Ship 02
    Ninel 90/90 Ra/Hu Gund...Cast!

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    [size=1]
    Talis:
    For ranged casting. Takes some getting used to using.
    Generally weaker casting damage than Rods. and Wands (I think).
    If you main Talis, you should get the Force Skill that boosts thrown Talis damage.
    Affects some Techs in unique ways (eg. Na Foie's fireball will drop straight down).
    Uses Mirage Escape to dodge. Has no guard.
    You're wrong about the weaker casting. Talis is the strongest casting weapon, and it's only weakness is that throwing a talis takes a little longer for your JAs, however this will be fixed by the new fast Talis Throw skill soon. But because of Talis Throw mastery (25% damage multiplier for 5 points outdoes the T-ATK bonus from rods overall higher T-ATK), Talis damage is the best except in cases of compound techs where talis throw bonus does not apply.

Should also mention talis'es usefulness for Zondeeling + AOE combos without the risk of getting hurt. And then there's Razonde which is a special case where talis can really shine. (Huge AOE when you shoot the talis high up in the air)

Character ID: Ayzo
    Ayzo - 75FO/75TE/75BR/75HU/75BO/75FI/75RA/75GU

Taiga mentions Talis Tech Bonus. Talises are the weakest without it. Also it's only a 20% damage bonus, and jet boots do Razonde far better than a talis does. And saying it's the best can be misleading to new people, who can confuse best damage for best DPS, which is something rods have over most techs that have fast charge times.