Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

It's 20% and not 25%.
    Moments when you must cast non-stop(4+ casts) like Ragrants spamming(only one example) is where Rods do best. Then, you've got moments where if you can kill in 1 PA, you may as well go for the Rod as well.
    Some techs require making use of both rods and talis for optimization.
    Heck, go nuts with jetboots+Ilzonde/Razonde when you can.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Taiga mentions Talis Tech Bonus. Talises are the weakest without it. Also it's only a 20% damage bonus, and jet boots do Razonde far better than a talis does. And saying it's the best can be misleading to new people, who can confuse best damage for best DPS, which is something rods have over most techs that have fast charge times.
    My bad about the 20%, but I just feel he should mention that Talis is very very strong with the addition of talis mastery. It can outshine rods in some cases, although not all. Too many beginner Forces stray away from Talis which they shouldn't so I don't want more encouraging of that.

Character ID: Ayzo
    Ayzo - 75FO/75TE/75BR/75HU/75BO/75FI/75RA/75GU

I thought I wrote that Wand or Talis was weakest and then someone corrected me.
    Well, regardless of which is weaker, it still depends on what weapon you can get ahold of.
    I think most people are deterred from Talis simply because they're more difficult to use.

I have a JP friend who is God of Talis, and they aren't even interesting in the fast throw.
    They said what they'd like most is the ability to cancel Talis without having to use Z-aim.
    They also expressed dislike towards the necessity for 5 points in Talis Tech Bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    Sorry to butt in but every other thread states this is a No No so why is there?

"Popular/Viable Class Combinations:

Gu/Hu Ra/Gu"

Its viable now?
    Well, people told me it is.
    And SEGA said they're not going to adjust Gunners anymore, so there's that.
    Ra/Gu can do some decent close range launcher damage. Having WB and Chain can be nice.
    It's not a "great" combination, but it's viable enough. I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    Well, people told me it is.
    And SEGA said they're not going to adjust Gunners anymore, so there's that.
    Ra/Gu can do some decent close range launcher damage. Having WB and Chain can be nice.
    It's not a "great" combination, but it's viable enough. I think.
    And they're right. Kind of funny how everyone quit gunner when it's been massively nerfed but still talk about it as if they "know" the class. Those that kept on playing gunner anyway and kept on experimenting know what I'm talking about. Ra/Gu or Gu/Ra is not just viable, it's actually great. But I wouldn't recommend it in a guide for beginners. Just my grain of salt.
    Last edited by Searaphim; Apr 7, 2015 at 07:16 AM.

Ra/Gu isn't that great. Gunner doesn't help a Ranger main much - Chain, PK and maybe Automate are just about the only things it has.

Gu/Ra is quite good, though, from what I've seen of myself and others in MPAs. But I don't really know how exactly does it compare to most other classes - just that it can keep up quite well.

I feel like it's a problem that the only thing that brings anything meaningful to Gunner is Ranger, but I can't really think of a solution. :/

But yeah, Gu/Ra is the stronger one, not Ra/Gu.

Oh? Thanks for the info.
    I've barely touched Twin Guns since the nerf.
    Aside from some messing around during X-mas, I've only tried them a few times recently and the damage wasn't too bad.
    Weak Stance Satellite Aim on enemy head with the damage boosting latent hits real hard.

Design-wise, Gunner has close-ranged damage multipliers and Ranger has long-ranged, so they kinda contradict each other.
    I wish they'd add skills to make the less common combinations more viable.
    Those unnecessary limits they slap on some skills end up detracting from the game depth.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Apr 7, 2015 at 07:54 AM.

Ranger has exactly one long-range modifier, and it's a main class exclusive. Ranger's main damaging skills - Weak Bullet, Weak Hit Advance and Standing Snipe - benefit most ranged weapons (maybe outside of a melee launcher, but you still need Ranger to even use it), regardless of the actual range they are used at.

I'm fairly sure Ranger subclass is much better at hitting weak points compared to Braver, but Braver sub also helps with its access to bow PAs and Weak Stance for some huge numbers with Chain Trigger, Perfect Keeper and High Time. Though I dunno if anything works well with it now that Banish Arrow had been patched.
    Last edited by Sp-24; Apr 7, 2015 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I feel like it's a problem that the only thing that brings anything meaningful to Gunner is Ranger, but I can't really think of a solution. :/
    There's something to be said about not being bound to weak points. I know in theory the common argument is "you should be going for headshots!" but PSO2 doesn't have that kind of granular targeting for you to actually aim at the head of every mob in a wide AoE with Shift Period. Being able to kill with a Reverse Tap because Striking multipliers were high enough is also nice.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I wish they'd add skills to make the less common combinations more viable.
    Those unnecessary limits they slap on some skills end up detracting from the game depth.
    "Meta" and "viable" are quite distinct from each other. The meta builds like Fi/Bo, Fo/Te, Ra/Br are up there for good reason, but looking past them, there are more viable builds than not in Ep3.

In my book, if a build can one-anchor SH Rodos without using WB, it gets at least a Pass for bossing.

Mobbing is a bit more intangible because readily-accessible and consistently replicable mobbing benchmarks are hard to find. But if a character can solo an XQ stage 61-65 (Keep an XQ at Stage 66 to have 61-65 always accessible), Shironia with 3 NPCs and Quarry SHAQ with 3 NPCs, it should get a Pass. Honestly though, it's hard to find a mobbing test until we get an AQ with XH Goldrahdas.
    Last edited by Selphea; Apr 7, 2015 at 10:30 AM.

Gu is definitely a mess even looking at the skill tree. Some PAs use striking damage, so they can't even benefit off of WHA/ZRA/SS. They have to go /Hu to make the striking portions do decent damage, but now they sacrifice too much headshot/weakpoint damage. Certain PAs and skills are completely working against each other. Ranged resistance says hi in ultimate, isn't that swell? Considering that ultimate infections+ranged resistance well, you know, can make even Satellite Aim and Shift Period terrible in damage as well.

The only reason Ra gets away with WHA and what not is because for mobbing, their good mobbing attacks are AoE and not pinpoint accurate like you have to be for certain PAs like Elder Rebellion/Infinite Fire, and you have to use those SOMETIME if you want to play efficiently. Reverse Tap+Shift Period is pretty damn slow and you won't always be in range before shit dies. Ra only has to be pinpoint accurate for bossing which is simple enough considering how big bosses are with their hitbox.

Yes, I still play Gu. I still experiment around with every damn class in this game trying to think of ways they're worth using over the lesser effort+more output classes. It's sad that Gu is more effort+lesser output.
    Well, Gu is fine for murdering XH Luther and previously Magatsu in less than 30seconds, but that doesn't count. It may as well have been called chain slave/Br bow combination and not TMG, which is the main weapon of a pure Gu.

Hunter and Fighter are in a really good place mobbing/bossing for ultimate/XH, at least. Braver is like, average. Bouncer is also in a good place for bossing. Ranger and Force? Yeah, figure that one out. Gunner is in a good place for bossing, but mobbing could use a little work on.
    If you think Gunner is fine for mobbing, I'd really like to see how you play.