Thread: Skyforge

Default Skyforge

The game was developed by a Russian Developer. Its an Action Oriented MMO that borrows elements from different games:

Neverwinter = The melee-like element to swirling attacks
    Phantasy Star = the instancing oriented stories. Sci-Fi/Fantasy form. The ranged form, and spellcasting reminds me of it. The Instance form in selecting missions and appearing there is nice. There is a lobby where everyone meets before entering missions.
    FFX = The character progression node system
    FFXIV = Global Cooldown (Thank God!)
    FFXIII = Class Changing without starting from the beginning, and at a whim.
    Valkyrie Profile = Players are Immortals who report to a higher power, and travel to the surface of a world to solve its problems. Eventually the characters become Gods themselves and fight against other Gods.
    Guild Wars 1, Guild Wars 2 = Skill-Based Gameplay. Characters combo skills and use combos and talents together to tailor characters to their gameplay. Also the way Open Worlds work....reminds me of the game.
    Dragonball (Animation) = There are no EXP Levels, rather there are POWER-LEVELS called Prestige that govern everything and can be earned in a variety of ways.

There are no healing spells in the game, but there are mechanics that heal characters. Support Characters create attack openings for other classes, and also mitigate damage.

The game has PvP but I have not tried it yet and so I can't compare it to anything just yet.

The game is in Closed Beta Trials here and it has been interesting so far.

The goal of the game is to become a god. Raise a religion and gain enough followers to generate faith that increases your godly powers. Start from an Immortal, become Gods (lesser and greater) and rid the world of your enemies.

----------------------------

Note: This will become my main game. Even if CBT, it shows promise and I feel its something that works for me, while PSO2 will become my secondary game, since that is all its good for. I am at a point in PSO2 where everything I want I have to grind to attain through RNG, and then I have to fight with RNG again in grinding..and to get grinding materials I have to go through the games P2W, or put in 40 - 60 hours a week...

...Which just does not work for me.

P.S: This game made me laugh.....A slider for how big an ass is in character creation....which is not even a complete system. I also like that when a player gets a costume, its a consumed item. The player is able to then at a whim change to any available color of the costume at any time without taking up inventory space. I think I managed to get around 20 costumes so far, each in 1 - 8 colors (depending on costume).

My favorite thing so far is that there arent a MILLION USELESS ITEMS and the game does a good job to manage inventory space WITHOUT CHARACTER STORAGE so far to actually be efficient. I love it for that....considering PSO2 (AND MANY MMOs) give you a ton of JUNK items that one holds on to hoping an exchange can occur.
    PSO-2 Info: Ship: 2; ID: セツナヤキ; MCN: ケイリン
    "If you want a bridge between past, present, and future, search for the void and awaken it!"

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE Nitro Vordex's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Keilyn View Post
    P.S: This game made me laugh.....A slider for how big an ass is in character creation..
    100/10 where do I play

I'm pretty impressed with the way this game looks so far. I'm a huge fan of futuristic style games. I might look into playing this.

Here are a few classes I'm liking so far.

Berserker Class (what an appropriate name)
    Class that uses huge swords? Count me in!

Slayer Class
    This class uses chained kamas and giant shurikens. Yes Please!

Necromancer Class
    That weapon reminds me of pso slicers lol.

Gunner Class
    Cuz I love huge guns!

Also the music in the training room there sounds awesome.
    Last edited by Demon-; Apr 4, 2015 at 07:36 AM.

Looks interesting, not paying for access to the Closed Beta interesting, but I put in a Beta request, so hopefully I get in.
    Last edited by Anduril; Apr 4, 2015 at 05:24 PM.

recently tried this game an it's everything i expected pso 2 to be that it didnt deliver on. i might finally uninstall pso 2 cause after playing skyforge on ultra pso 2 is painful to look at. i highly doubt the ps4 version is gonna improve the graphics much and i enjoy the non faceroll combat of skyforge over pso2's

sig by gama
    Justina human female Te/Hu maybe braver soon
    Shayla newman female Br/Ra
    Alisha.EXE cast female Bo/Hu
    ship 02 team:none

I've got to pretty high prestige on RU server, but dropped it - fights became facerolly pretty soon, plot wasn't satisfying, grinding 1 raid was fun for first 5 times, not 100+ required for BiS items, and Mail.ru team was making Skyforge more and more p2w with each month.
    Sure, it has it's benefits, but PSO2 is currently far more enjoyable for me.

Well the game does look epic in graphics.