I'm a PINKAL FOmar trying to get an Attribute Wall off of VHard Gibbles. I've done about a dozen runs through the Mountain Area now, and he's dropped meseta and monomates, when he drops at all...

Just wondering if the minibosses have an increased chance to drop rares, or if I should settle in for a long haul?

The mini-bosses tend to have a very low drop rate. It's also factored in with the fact of how many stars the rare has. For example, Ult GiGue has a very low drop rate, but he drops the sealed Jsword. The problem is thats an 11 star rare. Lets say that the enemys drop rate is 5%. Now lets say that for a rare of 11 stars the rate of that appearing is 5%. Now lets just say you factor both rates together, you'd end up with a .025% drop rate for that weapon. See how the game can be stingy with the weapons you want? Really these are just theoretical numbers I'm using as an example. I don't know the true drop rates, no one does really exept for the designers. The main point is to just keep at, when you're dealing with numbers that low, it's really just dumb luck. You could kill one enemy and get the rare you want, you could kill a thousand and end up with nothing, just dumb luck. The wall is a ten star rare, so I'd plan on doing quite a few runs for it. Hope for good luck, but if you really want it, plan for a long ass haul.

Thanks for the info, I suspected as much.

I just noted the description for the Wall has been updated since I last checked, apparently Hard Ul Gibbons can drop it (can anyone confirm that?). Even if they have a very, very low chance, it's still probably better than running all the way through to VHard Gibbles. And I get to see the other parts of the Central Control Area for a change!

Thanks again!

dats y dey made da game, to make earn da weps. you have to do many runs before you find a 11 star item like parasol from ult gibbles. i still havent found and i done at least 50x. i will be at it till i do find, it is good exp though

I just noted the description for the Wall has been updated since I last checked, apparently Hard Ul Gibbons can drop it (can anyone confirm that?).
    I found a Wall from one of them, one of the first times I went through there with my Pinkal.

Rare Weapon Hunter..

im trying to get a madams umbrella off of gibbles. and i havent found it yet.

Wow, dumb luck it is.

Just got the Wall off of an Ul Gibbon, on my 5th run. Thanks for the advice!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ralex on 2003-04-23 19:35 ]</font>