Page 1 of 19 123411 ... LastLast

Welcome to our next contest: PSOW's Strike A Pose!

With our last event ending with a smash, the staff at PSOW now present you our next contest! This contest will have you experimenting with your creativity! As you may be able to tell from the title, this contest is a fashion contest, but it's not just an ordinary fashion contest. To make it fun, and interesting, we came up with 11 categories that you guys will compete in:

Pimpin' In Style
    Mighty Mecha
    Proud N' Petite
    Foxy Mama
    Ugly Duckling Stayed Ugly
    Special Olympics Winner
    Last Person In The World You Would Want To Be Alone With In An Alley
    Don't Try This At Home
    Team Effort (open to teams of up to 4 players, preferable with a visibly apparant theme)
    Cutest Couple (open to couples of any sex combination but will be judged as a couple)

Once all the submissions are taken in after the first two weeks, PSOW members will have another two weeks to vote for who they think best fits the category!

Winners will each get a Yujin Gashapon Series 2 figurine. You can check them out here.

This contest will begin on Wednesday, April 23, 2003. You can start submitting snapshots on Wednesday. We will be accepting snapshots until May 18th, 2003. Voting for the contest will the commence for 2 weeks once the voting booth is prepared.

Please completely read the RULES below

Each member is allowed to enter in two categories.You can only have one entry per category.

RBF2000 will be available on Antares 8 Sundays til Thursdays 11pm - 12pm EST
    PSOSaladwood will be available on Celestite 8 most weekdays 10pm til 11pm PST

When entering one of the games for snapshots, please remember to say which category you are entering and what your PSOW member name is. If you do not have this information, we will not accept the entry. You must be a member beforehand.

Please do not enter the game for any other purpose other than for taking snapshots for the contest. Once you are done, please leave immediately. If you make a nuinsance of yourself, we will not accept your entry.

You can also contact SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko, RBF2000 or PSOSaladwood to set up individual meeting times. We will try to accomondate special requests/locations during individual meetings, etc but only up to a point.

You can submit your own snapshots. We recommend using the PSOProxy tool if you are able to use it. Submit your snapshots to PSOSaladwood or LollipopLolita.However, we will not accept entries that have been digitally enhanced or altered in any way or form. When submitting snapshots, please do so via PM's with the category you want to enter.

No retakes allowed once your entries are submitted or accepted, NO EXCEPTIONS!

You may "campaign" your entry in your sigs or in the Fresh Kills forum once voting starts. Please remember to observe forum rules. And members nominated for the same category... feel free to hijack other contestant's threads! (Please no shameless self promoting through pms though!) You may not however have any ambigious links of any form that will result in someone voting for you once the link is clicked. You will be disqualified if found doing so. All links have to be explicitly marked.

As always, any attempt to cheat in this contest will have you disqualified from the current contest or any other contest in the future.

You may employ your own cheerleaders and give us bananas.

Knock yourselves out and enjoy!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: PSOSaladWood on 2003-05-15 11:53 ]</font>

How to get SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko to take your picture:
    1. Preplan the area for the photo (Lobby, battle, challenge, normal, ultimate, ect...)
    2. Contact SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko through profile information. Be sure to give your PSO-world account name.
    3. Stick to business and demand a picture within 5 minutes. Do not ask "What's up?" or say "Hi".
    3b. If you get no reply, SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko is sleeping, at class, or otherwise MIA. SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko sets no away messages.
    4. SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko has no keyboard. Give information on what Ship/Block/Lobby to go to, and an idea about the picture to be taken. You need to tell how you want things to be!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: SnAPPUrU-nyan-ko on 2003-04-23 00:56 ]</font>

Make sure we know what your psow s/n is when we take the pictures, and also what category you are going for.

Question: I don't have Episode I & II. Can I submit screenshots from the good old version 1?

Technical Wizardry

Question: Are we required to submit "official" screenshots produced by the in-game function? Or can we enter with shots taken by video capture cadrs and such?

On 2003-04-23 01:44, Layrinn wrote:
    Question: Are we required to submit "official" screenshots produced by the in-game function? Or can we enter with shots taken by video capture cadrs and such?
    I am curious as well. I cannot play online, so I have few means of getting pictures to you. What should I do?

Quickie in flyff- aibatt

I think that the mods are going to be the people taking the pictures. So you cannot submit pictures from your card. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Only the mod and admins of PSOW can take the picture?

On 2003-04-22 21:41, eRUPT wrote:
    You can submit your own snapshots. We recommend using the PSOProxy tool if you are able to use it. Submit your snapshots to PSOSaladwood or LollipopLolita.However, we will not accept entries that have been digitally enhanced or altered in any way or form. When submitting snapshots, please do so via PM's with the category you want to enter.

On 2003-04-23 04:53, polishedweasel wrote:
    I think that the mods are going to be the people taking the pictures. So you cannot submit pictures from your card. Correct me if I'm wrong.
    They're offering to take pictures for people who don't have means to. That's what I got.