Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

No issues here. AT&T.
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

rip comcast round 2

not sure it really matter but i know twc was having problems last night they got ddosd or something
    Last edited by EspeonageTieler; Apr 15, 2015 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    They never blocked us in the first place lol.

why are people already assuming that Sega is doing something when it could very well something with Japan's backbone.

Are they doing maintenance on that big ass internet cable that travels across the sea again? Transatlantic communications cable?

When they do maintenance on that thing, we tend to experience lag and connection issues like this, dont we?
    Is this a fact? Or is it just simply speculation on your part? Now I am fully aware that the whole "sega blocked us" is purely speculation, however you seem to be certain that it wasn't a block from them.

Mind explaining this? I mean if you have proof that sega didn't block us then by all means please share it with me. Otherwise the whole "sega didn't block us!" is just as retarded as the whole "sega blocked us" thing

I have Comcast. Game has been working flawlessly for 6+ months now. No connection issues what so ever. No VPN needed.

Game was working fine earlier this morning. Now, I cannot connect anymore. Error 249.

Hoping this is not a permanent thing. Grew fond of playing pso2 again...

I'm on TWC and I can still connect, but like I said it's unplayable even if I can still connect. I'm guessing TWC soon wont be able to connect again.

I hope this isn't the case since I to have gotten used to being able to play normally for a long time now.

I think it's too early to come up with any answer, but on the other hand, if this is the result of a backbone maintenance, it would be hard to explain why people are able to connect and play without lag using VPN or AWS.

Experiencing the same issues here in the UK, both on BT Wholesale and Virgin Media connections. The only difference I'm noticing here is that upon running a trace route to pso2.jp the hops it takes are quite a bit different to what it was the last time I checked (a few months ago when I stopped having to proxy), after the softbank hop it normally only went a few more before hitting pso2.jp at about 17, now it takes a load more hops to various IPs and goes to 27 before hitting the target.

A friend in the Netherlands connected fine and had no lag in Falz Arms, but his trace route can't hit pso2.jp by the end of 30 hops.

Quote Originally Posted by Squal_FFVIII View Post
    Is this a fact? Or is it just simply speculation on your part? Now I am fully aware that the whole "sega blocked us" is purely speculation, however you seem to be certain that it wasn't a block from them.

Mind explaining this? I mean if you have proof that sega didn't block us then by all means please share it with me. Otherwise the whole "sega didn't block us!" is just as retarded as the whole "sega blocked us" thing

Because there were various people who could still play with foreign connections directly.

Because when you tried to tracert/ping PSO2's site and servers, the attempts would time out; not reach their destination and simply be refused. The prior does not indicate a block; the latter does.

There were several threads of people talking to their own personal ISPs (me included) of whom most to all were told that there was a DNS routing issue that was occuring because either Sega or Sega's ISP Backbone was not updating the routing table that allowed foreign connections to properly connect to their servers.

Of course, this issue eventually resolved itself; recently rather where ISPs who kept timing out where suddenly able to connect again.

The most important aspect of this post is that if incoming connections are blocked; they will not time out. They will simply reach their destination asap; and be denied.

I dont know if you were there for the whole detective debacle ongoing on the forums or not; but there was more evidence for the statement; "This is a RNS routing table issue" then there ever was for "Yeah Sega Blocked us."

Happening to me too, i can log in, but i'm bound to get a 630 after 5 mins in-game, ISP : SFR. So my guess is maybe a maintenance somewhere on the route to connect to PSO2. I got something like this happening to me last month but it was due to the Large Patch, once i removed it, it was gone; but this time i haven't the Large patch on so that leaves less possibilities. Also, do jp players have some connection problem too?, when i checked the blocks (on Ship 2), none were full on freemium space not even b13, while the eq was on.

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

Is it only supposed to be certain things? Messaging is the same as always, so is mag, for me. Mail, checking friends/team list, and viewing character info gives me a bit of lag.