Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Where are Lvl21 Lilipa Mechs?

Hello. I'm new to PSO2 (Bben playing Phantasy Star since the very original) and I have gotten to level 26 solo so far and I am trying to do Koffie's C/O for Level Cap I. I have the drops from level 21+ natives and dragonkin, but where are the level 21+ mechs? The strongest mission on Normal for the desert doesn't have level 21 enemies (the mine rare ore quest). I know because I have tried several times and the strongest they spawn is only level 20. Does anyone know where level 21 mechs are or what quest they are in? Nowhere on the Internet (that I can find anyway) does anyone explicitly state where to go so I am wondering if anyone here knows. Thanks to anyone who responds.

Just run Mech Survey: Desert to get them on Hard.
    Ship 02

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

The easiest way is to unlock Underground Tunnels first and then run those arks quests on either N or H mode.

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher106 View Post
    Just run Mech Survey: Desert to get them on Hard.
    I was afraid of that. I didn't want to go into an area I wasn't ready for yet since the mission there is a minimum of level 30 or 31.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacrificial View Post
    The easiest way is to unlock Underground Tunnels first and then run those arks quests on either N or H mode.
    Isn't that after the Tundra areas? I have quite a ways to get there. I'll be hitting the cap way before I get there. I am trying to do the quest now so that doesn't happen.

I guess I need to go into a hard quest under leveled to get this. That's rather annoying. I like trying to be at least the minimum level before attempting a quest. Oh well. Thanks everyone.

Hard really isn't that bad, even at lv20. If you try to just farm the Spardan A spawn in the Mech Survey, you'll easily get the drops with little effort.

trust me in very hard its when the shit starts gettting real :P

Very Hard is when the damage starts getting rather dangerous. You won't see that difficulty until Level 40, however.

As a general rule of thumb, remember that every area @ Skyscape and onward is capped at 30 on Normal. If you need Level 21 mobs for any kind of quest, you can use the second series of fields on Normal for this (Tunnels has a higher spawn rate of Machines than Desert ever will, while Desert is the reverse of that).

I'm guessing you need this for the level cap unlock to have it go from 30 to 40? They actually ask for Level 31+ mobs at this particular part. And it won't be long until you need to do this.

tl;dr Any COs that ask for a specific FAMILY of mobs and don't specify what kind or what area can be circumvented around if you're that worried about taking hits.

Quote Originally Posted by silo1991 View Post
    trust me in very hard its when the shit starts gettting real :P
    That's debatable depending on who you ask.

Usually, if you don't rush to get to Very Hard when you're now starting out at the game and have good gear, it's not an issue. Even when the level cap was at 60, I didn't find Very Hard challenging at all, and that was with a HU/FO at the time (I was soloing every Exploration quest at the time). Crafting makes Hard and Very Hard difficulties much easier to go through now. Super Hard was where that challenging aspect came into play for solo, but by that point, you should already be well into crafting, grinding, unlocking potentials, and affixing your loadout. And, when it comes to Extra Hard and Ultimate, you REALLY can't solo those two "difficulties" at the moment.

A lot of the game is about making proper use of weapons and units and making sure you have good gear to take you through areas.
    Last edited by Korazenn; Apr 20, 2015 at 01:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    That's debatable depending on who you ask.

Usually, if you don't rush to get to Very Hard when you're now starting out at the game and have good gear, it's not an issue. Even when the level cap was at 60, I didn't find Very Hard challenging at all, and that was with a HU/FO at the time (I was soloing every Exploration quest at the time). Crafting makes Hard and Very Hard difficulties much easier to go through now. Super Hard was where that challenging aspect came into play for solo, but by that point, you should already be well into crafting, grinding, unlocking potentials, and affixing your loadout. And, when it comes to Extra Hard and Ultimate, you REALLY can't solo those two "difficulties" at the moment.

A lot of the game is about making proper use of weapons and units and making sure you have good gear to take you through areas.
    Indeed, in that regard I'd say don't cheese into people recommending you to hit MB3-1 for the Hiei stuff - what you get all throughout EP1 and 2 should be MORE than enough starting out (especially EP1's boards post revamp - the earlier boards have juicier stuff than they used to, and they generally are affixed/elemented for the area you're hunting in anyways).

I'd even go as far as to say, don't give in to the temptation to enter the boss raids/MBD until you're far enough into the game that you won't be a crutch (that, and possibly risk wasting tons of EXP when you're locked into a 30/40 cap because you didn't bother to pay attention to the Level Cap Up COs).

Mobile Heavy Armored Cast Sacrificial's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RibbonSoft View Post
    I was afraid of that. I didn't want to go into an area I wasn't ready for yet since the mission there is a minimum of level 30 or 31.

Isn't that after the Tundra areas? I have quite a ways to get there. I'll be hitting the cap way before I get there. I am trying to do the quest now so that doesn't happen.

I guess I need to go into a hard quest under leveled to get this. That's rather annoying. I like trying to be at least the minimum level before attempting a quest. Oh well. Thanks everyone.
    If you are in ship 2 I could help you unlock stuff on one of my lower lv characters. If our timezones match a bit ofcourse. I eould actually havr a reason to play instead mindless grinding and dressup.

MultiCore------------Male Cast~~~~~~~~~~~Moriah----------------Female Dewman
    Zyonyl----------------Male Newman~~~~~~~~Shilka ZSU-----------Female Cast
    Quote Originally Posted by AIDA View Post
    Did you try turning it off and on again?