Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default PSO2 4/22 recent FPS drop issues

So I'm assuming I'm the only one that has this issue, but someone else with the same computer as mine is experiencing this issue as well, so I'm more or less wondering if it's really JUST me, or if other people are getting constant FPS drop as well

I open the Options menu because it tends to happen more when I open and close it. You can tell by the music cutting out as soon as I open it.

Now my laptop isn't terrible, but it's decent enough to run games such as Warframe, HDN, or ABP smoothly with 60 FPS, however on PSO2, I can run at 100 FPS, but due to the recent issues lately, my FPS will constantly fall out, then sync back in.
    Sig is 1,324.5 KB, reduce to 49kb.
    People have 50KB+ sig images, and mine gets cut. Legit

The FPS lag you experienced near the beginning of the video by opening the submenu repeatedly I have experienced recently, but nothing as severe as the later drops.

Don't really know since i'm using toaster, terribad FPS already become part of my daily life on PSO2.

this issue just started with the last patch seems to drop on Ult missions and EQ's, and lobby.
    Check out my channel:XbikXBd
    X360/JP
    Bd 180 Beast/ グリード Beast 180
    BD 180 Cast/Elie Neuman 108
    Elie 180 Neuman/ランファン Human
    Escalus 180 Human/Aigis Cast 111

So I wasn't imagining things. My FPS during EQs like Magatsu and TD were dropping like crazy lately. I did use WTFast for the last Magatsu EQ and I wasn't experiencing crazy lag like I normally would. Damage actually counted and my revving people wasn't wasted. But frame rate dip was still happening.
    PSO2 characters
    Ship 2: Rabbie, Ramune, Princess Sara. Ship 10's Elu and Noriko are here as well (for an undetermined amount of time...)

Thanks for posting that video, it's a reasonably good example of the lag/framerate issues I've been having since the latest patch (and have been posting about in the Crippling Lag topic).

When you were running around a little bit at the 15 second mark and everything locked up for a split second, that is exactly what I'm experiencing - however for me it occurs when approaching more than 1-2 people at a time in the lobby, and then on a constant basis during the EQs. I'm on a desktop which is still fairly decent (i5 2500k, 560ti 8gb DDR3), and turning down graphics settings to rock bottom didn't fix a thing (neither did routing the connection through AWS).

After doing a bit more monitoring yesterday there was one thing that I noticed, every single time these framerate/lag spikes occur my hard drive starts getting thrashed by PSO2. I don't know if this is normal behaviour though, as I've never actually monitored it until now.

Massive lag (or rather should i say, massive pause) upon opening/clossing options are already around since forever i believe, this became real big problem in the middle of EQ/in the busy room that has much things going on.
    I think it's because when opening option, the game tried to retrieve and process few information from server since not all saved config are being stored locally.
    Worst case, you'll see your screen won't budge and get program crash instead.
    Remind me of Wind&Rain EQ last year, it took the game a full minute to close the option menu.

Restarting the game should fix the problem, temporarily.
    Not even using no shaders graphic settings can save me from this problem.
    Last edited by wefwq; Apr 26, 2015 at 04:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azure Falcon View Post
    Thanks for posting that video, it's a reasonably good example of the lag/framerate issues I've been having since the latest patch (and have been posting about in the Crippling Lag topic).

When you were running around a little bit at the 15 second mark and everything locked up for a split second, that is exactly what I'm experiencing - however for me it occurs when approaching more than 1-2 people at a time in the lobby, and then on a constant basis during the EQs. I'm on a desktop which is still fairly decent (i5 2500k, 560ti 8gb DDR3), and turning down graphics settings to rock bottom didn't fix a thing (neither did routing the connection through AWS).

After doing a bit more monitoring yesterday there was one thing that I noticed, every single time these framerate/lag spikes occur my hard drive starts getting thrashed by PSO2. I don't know if this is normal behaviour though, as I've never actually monitored it until now.
    If its a really old drive like mine which is a SATA II or older than 2-3 generations behind, all i can say is upgrade to a newer generation but i doubt it even would fix your issue though.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeris View Post
    If its a really old drive like mine which is a SATA II or older than 2-3 generations behind, all i can say is upgrade to a newer generation but i doubt it even would fix your issue though.
    No, it's a fairly recent one. Seems to be normal anyway, I asked a friend to check out his disk activity too and it does the same even though he has no problems currently. I'm completely stumped what the problem is caused by at this point.

Yes, FPS have been dropping since latest update.