Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Pso2 on a MacBook air 2012

Hi I'm planning on getting a MacBook air for school and befor anyone says anything I know macs are not the best for gaming but I want something I will be able to use for university as well. I have a budget of £500 and wold prefer less but if anyone has any good laptops for gaming and school than please le me know. still will it work and on what settings. thx in advice.

You have a low budget and you go for a mac? something seems wrong here...

Get real gaymen laptop bud.
    You'll completelly regret it playing PSO2 on your expensive toy.

I said I was up for suggesting but I also need it for school as I need to do a lot of editing for art and graphics. I was suggested to get a Mac by some people in my class but I do still want to play pso2.

PSO2 on a mac sounds like a bad call, its not compatible with macOS at any level so you will need to emulate windows which is going to make the performance sub par at best as emulating os does slow things down, assuming it even works.

I'l be frank, £500 is not going to buy you anything in a laptop format that will play pso in anything more than lowest settings at a lowish res at rubbish framerate. You will need a half decent graphics processor to do this.

Better hope someone is selling a gaming laptop secondhand in your price range.

Editing of image an video exist in all OS, it's not an OSx exclusivity.

Quote Originally Posted by Halikus View Post
    PSO2 on a mac sounds like a bad call, its not compatible with macOS at any level so you will need to emulate windows which is going to make the performance sub par at best as emulating os does slow things down, assuming it even works.

I'l be frank, £500 is not going to buy you anything in a laptop format that will play pso in anything more than lowest settings at a lowish res at rubbish framerate. You will need a half decent graphics processor to do this.

Better hope someone is selling a gaming laptop secondhand in your price range.
    £500, that's $700 USD, I'm sure you can get a decent lenovo for $700 that will let you run PSO2 at 720p with normal settings ... but if we are talking mac, then you'd probably have to spend 300 extra bucks to get the same hardware specs lol
    Last edited by Ordy; Apr 27, 2015 at 07:36 AM.

Even for editing graphics, a Macbook Air isn't powerful enough to do it quickly, especially not with 3yo hardware. Either get a Macbook Pro or go with a Windows-based laptop.

On Amazon UK I'd probably go with either this or this

In the UK you will stuggle to get an i5 with dedicated gfx on that budget. Just don't for the love of god buy anything with AMD cpu as those things are sucky unless you have their top chips. AMD HATERS UNITE!!!

That Tosh Selphia posted dont look too bad for the money despite being quite dated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ark01000 View Post
    I was suggested to get a Mac by some people in my class but I do still want to play pso2.
    not to fan more flames to the PC vs Mac wars but uh pretty much ya, it's like all Apple products are good for.....art......but PC can do so much and better without having to become a pricey paper weight in less than a few years....or year