Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Massive Hunter all that necessary anymore?

The reason I ask is: There are several PAs that already give the Hunter "hyper armor," meaning the Hunter cannot be flinched or knocked down while using that PA (unless it's a rare case of being "stunned").

Over End and Tear Grid (among others) give the "full" hyper armor, while PAs like Guilty Break and Ride Slasher greatly reduce the flinch / knockdown (but not in every single case).

With 138 PP, I find myself almost continually executing PAs that provide at least some degree of knockdown protection.

Are any other HU-mains gravitating away from Massive Hunter?

Those PAs have normal super armor. It's just not for the entire duration.

You never have super armor on PA charge though. So if you really want.
    Last edited by vantpers; Apr 28, 2015 at 02:02 PM.

As a Gu/Hu I find Massive Hunter very useful.

It helps set up chain trig very well without screwing it up.

And as Vantpers said, you can be knocked out of charge from charge PAs.
    Sig is 1,324.5 KB, reduce to 49kb.
    People have 50KB+ sig images, and mine gets cut. Legit

Its not mandatory for a reason, if you see that for your playstyle its unnecesary then dispose of it, me as Ra/Hu find it pretty much necessary to beamspam without being interrupted but thats me and thats how i play, the slowliness of launchers makes massive hunter easier to remain constant in dps and not a ping pong (hate you, chrome), yet if you can dodge/always super armor pa/never be knocked off while charging your points are better spent somewhere else.

For me its a necessity for constant dps, i can deal damage whitout it at the cost of beign interrupted (which btw still costs the pp so even less dps) but its not "MY IDEA" of the class.
    =Ziel= Ship 02
    Ninel 90/90 Ra/Hu Gund...Cast!

Even ignoring super armor, Massive Hunter gives a 25% damage reduction, which makes using super armor easier. 25% is huge.

As RAHU, it turns me into a tank that charge Satellite Cannon onto the boss.

As, BRHU, I use it when KC is on cooldown, to maximize damage dealt while minimizing downtime via flinching/knockback.

As TEHU, I turn it on and I can go zondeel+wand smack enemies till they're dead, without worrying about flinching.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

massive hunter is an top tier skill, why not ?

I never felt like I needed Massive Hunter outside of really specific circumstances that can be overlooked to save me 8 points

I never used it until recently, and I only use it when I'm worried about getting knocked down during a crucial moment.

Examples:
    - When using Techer Wand, because it's easy to get knocked down while doing regular swings
    - During Limit Break on Magatsu, just in case (I normally dodge anyway)
    - Banthers because I don't have patience to deal with their annoying successive attack bullshit

Where are you guys sacrificing SP to attain this skill? I dont see it as worth investing into outside RA/HU i guess