Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hunter Main?

Default Hunter Main?

I haven't really seen anyone go with Hunter as their main class.
    Can't find anything on google in terms of what to sub as a Hunter main either > ^<

Is it just not good to main Hunter?

I take it everyone goes Fi/Hu for Limit break, but if someone wanted to go Hu, what would they sub?

Thanks in advance!

Fi with maxed out stances is the best sub for hu. Also really you never see any hu mains? I see a few every now and then they are not rare IMO.

2 years ago though though HU main was considered one of the worse classes ever and if you played it you were considered a "scrub/noob" for playing it other than subbing it for GU or BR.

However over the past year HU main has gotten some serious buffs which have made it much more appealing and a real class.

So Brave and Wise stance for HU mains?

Wouldn't BR still be pretty good with both stances as well?
    Weak and Average sound pretty nice for all around.

( Try googling "Sub for HU Pso2" or something along those lines, you get nothing DX )

I have seen a couple in-game though!

hu/fi has larger damage output from its stances

As stated, highest multipliers come from HUFI, with the added bonus that brave stance works quite nicely with warbrave. For anything that charges, HUBR is good just for convenience. HUBO and HUTE are just below that with elemental weak hit/elemental stance, with the added bonuses of resta and zondeel.

All are respectable, none perfect, in an ideal world HU would just pick HU again for its own sub, but oh well.

I wouldn't recommend HuBo or HuTe if you can just go HuFi. FiHu is overall stronger, but can't make use of swords well - and is more glassy, of course.

You can play Fi pretty much exclusively with Partizan and Wired Lance and make use of skills like Limit Break at the loss of survivability, or go HuFi and lose out on overall damage, but get access to swords and more survivability (+ War Brave)

In the end, it's kinda up to you. Of course, you could also just buy skill trees and make it so that you can play both HuFi and FiHu, depending on what you want to do.

I was lucky enough to find a 13* wired lance and I really like the playstyle of them in comparison to Katanas.

So yeah, I would main Fi and Sub Hu, but sadly I cannot if I want to put the wired lances to use.

With Katanas it was literally Sakura Endo 90% of the time and it got old fast
    (I guess Gekka-zakuro too?)

I'm finding Wired Lances a lot more versitile and really strong.

I take it for Fi sub you wouldn't take automate halfline as Hu main?
    It kind of defeats the whole purpose of Halfline slayer.

I don't actually see anything really crazy in Fi other than stances if I were to sub it.
    Is it really that superior?

The whole bottom row looks like it's contradictory to Automate.
    Top row is just flat stat bonuses.
    Last edited by Amatsukaze; May 3, 2015 at 04:54 PM.

You should still take automate as HU/FI. You shouldn't really be putting points into Halfline slayer at all: the only Slayer that should be maxed is PP Slayer.

It's not -that- superior compared to the other sub options, but it is potentially the strongest. BR sub is rising in popularity, BO sub could be just as so if it wasn't expensive. All are viable and have different tactics.

FI: Making sure you're facing the right direction for your stance and trying to combo different PAs together with tech arts. Normal attacks can be used between each PA and not break tech arts, but step attack will. Can also use Chase Advance for a gigantic but rare damage boost
    BR: Finding every opportunity to switch to weak stance while swearing by charge moves most of the time. Which is viable, since Sword/Partizan/Katana has a lot of charge moves. No good for Wired Lance though. Also, Snatch Step JA!
    BO: Access to zondeel to really smash group of mobs, although not as extreme as techer. Access to dual blades which pairs really well with all 3 HU weapons (bow with BR sub would too if it wasn't purely R-ATK). Need good boss knowledge to ever make decent use of Break Stance, whereas Elemental Stance + Shifta Air is the most balanced/versatile stance for mobbing.

So might as well stick with FI, and find another weapon type to use for mobs since Wired Lance isn't too great at that.
    Last edited by Xaelouse; May 3, 2015 at 05:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Amatsukaze View Post
    I was lucky enough to find a 13* wired lance and I really like the playstyle of them in comparison to Katanas.

So yeah, I would main Fi and Sub Hu, but sadly I cannot if I want to put the wired lances to use.

With Katanas it was literally Sakura Endo 90% of the time and it got old fast
    (I guess Gekka-zakuro too?)

I'm finding Wired Lances a lot more versitile and really strong.

I take it for Fi sub you wouldn't take automate halfline as Hu main?
    It kind of defeats the whole purpose of Halfline slayer.

I don't actually see anything really crazy in Fi other than stances if I were to sub it.
    Is it really that superior?

The whole bottom row looks like it's contradictory to Automate.
    Top row is just flat stat bonuses.
    Katanas is Sakura Endo, Tsukimi+Gekka, Hatou, Kanran mainly. The other PAs do have their use (Kazan is pretty strong in TD against Golds for example, from what I know), but to a lesser extent.