3D Modeler, Red Box Lover zwandude15's Avatar

Default Piping Slimes: Drop rate question?

Hello! First post in forever.

I've looked over some old threads and see some users mentioning that items will not drop from a slime anymore if you kill a split slime, pipe out, pipe in and attempt to kill more from that same slime. Or; kill split slime > drop rate = 0% afterwards.

I can't seem to find a mention of this in any of the guides, nor do I recall this ever being the case in my years of playing. Is there any credibility to this comment? Just want to be sure going forward in my Lavis Hunt. Thanks!
    -Offline Heaven Punisher Hunt-
    (93) Hildetorrs; no success.

-Offline Lavis Hunt
    (28 ) Slimes; no success.

Pouilly Slime split from a Pouifully Slime still drops rares...hope you ain't unlucky like me, took me around 56 Pouilly Slimes over the years to get the first Lavis the second one dropped after 4 more tho ヘ( ̄ー ̄ヘ)

Rapid99
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

With a split you can get your drop. It also took me like forever to drop the lavis. I've also got a photon drop (imagine my frustration when I saw the red box and then I realised that it was a $%^& photon drop!!!)

The pipe trick works for all rare monster counterparts (Lilies, rappies, hidelts).
    All you need is PATIENCE!!!

Good luck...

Thanks for the encouragement guys! And sorry for your lack of luck Rapid, as well as yours Dark B., getting PDed sucks! I actually just got PDed by a Redria Hildelt the other day. But I stuck with it and picked up my second God/Battle. ^_^

I've been experienced with piping for a long time now, but I've avoided slimes for as long as possible. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to mess up the drop rate by some technicality.

I'll try to link one of those old threads here for reference but you've otherwise given me the words I needed to hear. Thanks again. :]
    Last edited by zwandude15; May 10, 2015 at 08:42 PM.

-Offline Lavis Hunt

Unnecessary bump, but I did find 2 red slimes in the same room today! Very cool 1/250k chance. More rare than the item in some cases. ^_^
    Last edited by zwandude15; May 24, 2015 at 02:09 PM.

-Offline Lavis Hunt

I'm not sure if I was just unlucky or if it was supposed to happen but I piped for Pouilly Slimes looking for a God/Power some time ago. I found one, killed it while leaving the 7 Poufuilly Slimes alone, and got what I was looking for. I then decided to try for a second so I continued piping the same Slimes without restarting the quest. When a second Pouilly Slime did appear, I killed it, and it dropped nothing at all. I've never in all my PSO1 career seen a rare enemy that didn't drop a single thing, not even a Monomate, until this Slime. I personally think that a Slime's drop rate is set to 0 if you kill one of them and then Telepipe back to Pioneer 2. I may have just been really unlucky but, seeing as no other rare but that second Slime has ever not dropped me anything, I have my doubts.

I've kind of been taking advantage of them in the same way, Greedy Chibi; not killing the originals and continuing to farm them. But now after piping a couple dozen I think it's safe to say they will still drop items regardless. It sounds like luck was maybe not on your side, as I can also say luck hasn't exactly been on mine either. Haha.

-Offline Lavis Hunt

Rare enemies don't drop every time something...sometimes it's just a fat 0 drop.

Rapid99
    |  |
    |  |∧_∧
    |_|´・ω・`) そ~~・・・
    |塩|o旦 o
    | ̄|―u'
    """"""""""

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid99 View Post
    Rare enemies don't drop every time something...sometimes it's just a fat 0 drop.

Rapid99
    Sorry Rapid, I meant as far as piping to Pioneer 2 and back. Didn't mean to confuse. It was in regards to what Chibi said about not getting something the second time. Yes, sometimes it will be nothing. As I mentioned before, luck isn't always on our side.

-Offline Lavis Hunt