Quote Originally Posted by VioletSkye View Post
Actually that's not entirely true. I debunked that long ago You can check out these posts for more info on that: Kill Counter Explained 1, Kill Counter Explained 2, and Kill Counter Explained 3 which are part of your old thread: SEALED-J SWORD impossible to find!

In a nutshell, if the third data area for the "hacked" Sealed J Sword is left as 0's (where the last enemy % would be) the Kill Counter will be created after the first enemy kill, if it's created with a third enemy % then the Kill Counter will not be created, so it depends on how the item is "made" so to speak. The same method of counting kills applies to the Sealed J Sword, Lame D'Argent, Swordsman Lore and Limiter.

Also I wish I had done a better job of pinpointing the exact number of kills to unseal those items but after figuring out how the counter worked (which took quite a bit of work lol) I kinda lost steam and quit working on it. I do remember though that each item took fewer kills to unseal than was previously thought. IIRC, I was able to create Sealed J Swords in both PSOBB and PSOGC that only had like 19,000 kills on the counter and they all unsealed. Also note that as long as the Sealed J Sword is equipped any kill you make will increase the counter. For example if have 10 kills and use Rafoie to kill 4 more enemies, the counter will increase to 14. Likewise killing 4 Boomas at once with the Sealed J Sword will count as 4 kills.

Forgot to mention that if you "dupe" a legitimate Sealed J Sword, it will still unseal after you have enough kills. It will simply copy over the current amount of kills (if any) the counter has and when you equip it, it will continue counting up as you kill enemies until it is unsealable. In the following example, here is what the code for a Sealed J Sword with no enemy %'s (for the sake of having the code look "cleaner") with 5 kills on the counter.

Sealed J Sword with no enemy %'s and 5 Kills
00 33 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 80 (The 05 80 is the kill counter with 5 kills.)

If you "dupe" this item you will simply end up with two Sealed J Swords comprised of that exact same code: 00 33 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 80, and as soon as you equip one of them and kill an enemy the count will increase to 00 33 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 80

Did a quick video of the unsealing a few years ago in case anyone is interested.

Unsealing - YouTube
That's awesome did you find it legitimately? That's what I'm trying to do right now and its a pain but I can't stand hacked weapons or armors anything that isn't legit it ruins the game. (Just my opinion)