Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by VioletSkye View Post
    Actually that's not entirely true. I debunked that long ago You can check out these posts for more info on that: Kill Counter Explained 1, Kill Counter Explained 2, and Kill Counter Explained 3 which are part of your old thread: SEALED-J SWORD impossible to find!

In a nutshell, if the third data area for the "hacked" Sealed J Sword is left as 0's (where the last enemy % would be) the Kill Counter will be created after the first enemy kill, if it's created with a third enemy % then the Kill Counter will not be created, so it depends on how the item is "made" so to speak. The same method of counting kills applies to the Sealed J Sword, Lame D'Argent, Swordsman Lore and Limiter.

Also I wish I had done a better job of pinpointing the exact number of kills to unseal those items but after figuring out how the counter worked (which took quite a bit of work lol) I kinda lost steam and quit working on it. I do remember though that each item took fewer kills to unseal than was previously thought. IIRC, I was able to create Sealed J Swords in both PSOBB and PSOGC that only had like 19,000 kills on the counter and they all unsealed. Also note that as long as the Sealed J Sword is equipped any kill you make will increase the counter. For example if have 10 kills and use Rafoie to kill 4 more enemies, the counter will increase to 14. Likewise killing 4 Boomas at once with the Sealed J Sword will count as 4 kills.

Forgot to mention that if you "dupe" a legitimate Sealed J Sword, it will still unseal after you have enough kills. It will simply copy over the current amount of kills (if any) the counter has and when you equip it, it will continue counting up as you kill enemies until it is unsealable. In the following example, here is what the code for a Sealed J Sword with no enemy %'s (for the sake of having the code look "cleaner") with 5 kills on the counter.

Sealed J Sword with no enemy %'s and 5 Kills
    00 33 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 80 (The 05 80 is the kill counter with 5 kills.)

If you "dupe" this item you will simply end up with two Sealed J Swords comprised of that exact same code: 00 33 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 05 80, and as soon as you equip one of them and kill an enemy the count will increase to 00 33 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 06 80

Did a quick video of the unsealing a few years ago in case anyone is interested.

Unsealing - YouTube
    That's awesome did you find it legitimately? That's what I'm trying to do right now and its a pain but I can't stand hacked weapons or armors anything that isn't legit it ruins the game. (Just my opinion)
    Slayer of Falz

I don't have the patience to find a legit one lol. I started that search for info several years ago using the Always Drop Rare code for the GC version. That way I had an actual Sealed J Sword that dropped from a Gi Gue to examine instead of just item modding one from scratch. It wasn't until I killed over 256 enemies that the coding format showed itself. It was then that I realized how the Kill Counter worked. I initially just tried adding in 23,000 in hex in the 3rd stat area and when that didn't work I realized Sega had done something different lol.

Anyway GOOD LUCK on your hunt!! It's bound to drop for you one of these days

3D Modeler, Red Box Lover zwandude15's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Neith View Post
    Good luck, I hunted this thing from 2003-2007 and never got it. I ended up finding every rare in Skyly Tower multiple times except it
    Sorry to hear it! I remember you searching for that thing, Uriko.
    -Offline Heaven Punisher Hunt-
    (93) Hildetorrs; no success.

-Offline Lavis Hunt
    (28 ) Slimes; no success.

Thanks for the support guys and yes VioletSky it takes a lot of patience to hunt this weapon honestly a red box hasn't dropped in a while from it meaning no PD's. I want a red box to drop every once in a while so I can just pretend it might be that awesome sword and get a bit happy. XD
    Slayer of Falz

Good luck hunting SJS I can only dream of getting one of my own. I'm currently doing a similar hunt except I'm trying to get a God/Ability off Purplenum Gibbles instead. Wish I had your patience as I can only do 1 or 2 runs of Mountains before calling it quits for the day, I hate Mountains so much.

Hunting for a rare weapon/part/armor/shield is quite nice if you have the time (i dont anymore :/ ), but chances of 0,008% is ridiculous. The worst thing is that its not even like a 1% means that if you kill 100 monsters, one of the 100 monsters will give you the rare in order to push yourself to keep playing. It's just pure luck. Playing for like a year and still get nothing I dont think is very rewarding.

I was hunting for Lavis Cannon back in 2005 playing countless hours Addicting food and hundreds of Pouilly Slimes and never got it. I returned playing PSO in Christmas and I was determined to find one. Eventually I found it a month ago, I was like WOW. But after that I thought now I have to hunt for a syncesta (no characters with the required ID) and I wasn't even thrilled the next day for my legit LC (crappy %'s too). Then I decided to hack the 2-3 rare items I want in order to truly enjoy the game. Now I replaced my legit Lavis Cannon, Red Handgun and Soul Banish with hacked with better %'s and the legits are sitting in my bank and enjoy the game playing with the weapons I prefer and hunting for rares just to add them in my collection and I'm not frustrated if I dont find them because I dont care, I just play for the fun.

Just my opinion though, hope you get your legit SJS!

Quote Originally Posted by Dark B. View Post
    Hunting for a rare weapon/part/armor/shield is quite nice if you have the time (i dont anymore :/ ), but chances of 0,008% is ridiculous. The worst thing is that its not even like a 1% means that if you kill 100 monsters, one of the 100 monsters will give you the rare in order to push yourself to keep playing. It's just pure luck. Playing for like a year and still get nothing I dont think is very rewarding.

I was hunting for Lavis Cannon back in 2005 playing countless hours Addicting food and hundreds of Pouilly Slimes and never got it. I returned playing PSO in Christmas and I was determined to find one. Eventually I found it a month ago, I was like WOW. But after that I thought now I have to hunt for a syncesta (no characters with the required ID) and I wasn't even thrilled the next day for my legit LC (crappy %'s too). Then I decided to hack the 2-3 rare items I want in order to truly enjoy the game. Now I replaced my legit Lavis Cannon, Red Handgun and Soul Banish with hacked with better %'s and the legits are sitting in my bank and enjoy the game playing with the weapons I prefer and hunting for rares just to add them in my collection and I'm not frustrated if I dont find them because I dont care, I just play for the fun.

Just my opinion though, hope you get your legit SJS!
    I respect your opinion Dark B. finding this SJS is going to be rewarding, at least for me since I love to hunt and seaside runs (OFFLINE) only take me 7-10 min each so I do not mind at all. I can understand that a lot of hard work for legit weapons with crap percent may be a bit sad but it just shows that you had the perseverance and determination to be able to just hunt for this awesome item. The fact that you found a legit lavis and hacked that syncesta is understandable since making an oran character spending 80+ hours just to get to Ultimate and then start farming is a bit crazy. Although I'd sooner do that than hack but again just my opinion.
    Slayer of Falz

Quote Originally Posted by Greedy Chibi View Post
    Good luck hunting SJS I can only dream of getting one of my own. I'm currently doing a similar hunt except I'm trying to get a God/Ability off Purplenum Gibbles instead. Wish I had your patience as I can only do 1 or 2 runs of Mountains before calling it quits for the day, I hate Mountains so much.
    Hahah Greedy Chibi I understand I hate episode 2 and the seabed, especially a certain map vacation where I'm forced to fight the lightning spitting monkeys I hate them so much.
    Slayer of Falz

Hey everyone I stood up late last night and here are the results for last night's hunt

129. Nothing
    130. Nothing
    131. Monofluid
    132. Digrinder
    133. 388 meseta
    134. Def material
    135. Nothing
    136. 298 meseta
    137. Imperial barrier
    138. Ultimate shield
    139. Nothing
    140. 258 meseta
    141. Disk: Gifoie lv 29
    142. Glorious shield
    143. Glorious shield
    144. Nothing
    145. Difluid
    146. 328 meseta
    147. Glorious shield
    148. Antiparalysis
    149. 128 meseta
    150. Monofluid
    151. Antiparalysis
    152. Guardian shield
    153. Antiparalysis
    154. Glorious shield
    155. Glorious shield
    156. Difluid
    157. Dimate
    158. Guardian shield
    159. 386 meseta
    160. 278 meseta
    161. Nothing
    162. Nothing
    163. 272 meseta
    164. Glorious shield
    165. Disk: Resta Lv29
    166. Nothing
    167. 271 meseta
    168. 392 meseta
    169. Nothing
    170. Imperial barrier
    171. Nothing
    172. Nothing
    173. 273 meseta
    174. Glorious shield
    175. Luck material
    176. Monofluid
    177. Evade material
    178. 301 meseta
    179. Ultimate shield
    180. Monomate
    181. Nothing
    182. Evade material
    183. Nothing
    184. Imperial barrier
    185. Ultimate shield
    186. Glorious shield
    187. 381 meseta
    188. Nothing
    189. Nothing
    190. Trap vision
    191. 360 meseta
    192. nothing
    193. Glorious shield
    194. Moon atomizer
    195. Nothing
    196. Nothing

Today will be another great day of hunting.
    Slayer of Falz

Go ROLO!
    http://i39.tinypic.com/2wdyam9.jpg