Default The most unconceivably horrible game on the PS4 thus far?

So new/current generation consoles. People have been complaining as of late about no new games (while I'm complaining about the network being dreadful...). To you, what is the most terrible game on the PS4?

I'll be happy to start ofcourse, with Dragon Age: Inquisition. Yeah, I know what some are going to say, that it won GOTY. But I think it was heavily underwhelming for a BioWare game. The bad press, the underwhelming MMO-like gameplay... why do I want to spend a majority of my time on things that have no relevance to my fame? As if me solving a puzzle is REALLY going to make me famous...

Assassin's Creed Unity almost came in first for me. What I found disappointing about this game was how reliant it was on multiplayer. You couldn't get the best stuff in the game without coop. In the OTHER games, you really didn't NEED multiplayer missions, like... at ALL to get the best gear. The game was fairly smooth for me as well. But Arno was just a sniveling Ezio wannabe. There were elements of the franchise that were removed (much to my dismay). It felt like the weaker of the two games that were released simultaneously.

The Profound Duckness SuperCentipede's Avatar

This is why I don't bother with next gen consoles. But then again, I have simple tastes.

sigh.... next gen consoles for me doesnt have that magical feeling in the good old days of playstation or lower

its like before im like play every game but now everything seems just meh...

Right now, my biggest straight fun thrills, console-wise, have been on the Wii U. However, my PS4 isn't without a share of pretty nice gaming.

My overall PS4 favorties (though nothing earth-shattering next-gen) would be Warframe, Resogun, Diablo 3 Ultimate Evil, and Bloodborne. Infamous 2nd Son right behind them. While Diablo isn't exclusive on the system, it is one of the 2 best console versions of the game, and has that distinct aspect of offline-play. I still tend to favor my PC/Mac version due to the fact that consoles are missing features like proper seasons. And I love hardcore seasons. It is the biggest mode I play in D3 ROS right now.

As for AC Unity. I plain gave that a skip. I knew something wasn't right, leading up to the release. Also, AC 4 Blackflag created a big problem for Ubisoft, in my opinion. They introduced in AC4, the best thing they could have ever introduced to Assassin's Creed. The whole Naval warfare and Pirates mechanic. (Some of it beautifully stolen from Sid Meier's Pirates, but in 3rd person 3D) It didn't take long before the whole Pirates thing became MY reason for playing an AC game now. So Unity, taking that away, already set me up for disappointment.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; May 19, 2015 at 09:37 AM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.

I keep thinking that the Wii-U network is probably better then the PS4 handling PSN. Even at 10mbs, people seem to have too many problems with the way PS4 handles sony's network. If it weren't for me spending money on ESO, I'd actually consider taking the PS4 to the gamestop now.

And I hated second son, it was NOTHING like the previous incarnation. No morality-driven powers and the side content alone was drivel. Black Flag... my problem with it is that it doesn't have a proper money sink. Like, you can keep accumulating money, but eventually, you have nothing to spend it on. This was my problem with AC2 as well however.

Diablo 3: UEE is a great game, but limited if you don't care about treasure. I'd like to see something more substantial out of it, before I decide to buy it again.

I agree that Black Flag has you rolling in dough for the late to end game. It did, at least, have the money struggle at the beginning; which worked for me. I never expected Black Flag (or any assassin's creed) to be a continuous long endgame type of game, though.

Still, it was the Pirates, exploration and discovery stuff, that won me over. They also had a good number of details (even in the Ship stuff) that took me by surprise. A great compromise between a foundation of arcade ship physics with clever doses of actual simulation in them. Still, that game isn't really specific to PS4. They pretty much nailed all the aspects anyone would like AC4BF for, with every port they released on that game.
    Last edited by Akaimizu; May 24, 2015 at 01:21 AM.
    PSO2 Character information:

Eric Windhaven (Fomar) Ship 02.