Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by emeraude View Post
    Even endgame raids, you've soloed those? Uh... good for you I guess? Have fun.
    You can solo those? I never attempted to in those games, lol. I thought those were party quests only.

>So wait, let me see if I understand this here. So in order to attempt to add something, it needs to have the same number of slots and then use the extra slot? Only when that is successful do I get an extra slot?

It needs to have the same or higher number of slots. You always have the option to use the extra slot.

>How do I not lose abilities though? Say I have a weapon that has several abilities that I want to keep, how do I not lose them when I attempt to affix?

You have a weapon with Quartz Soul, Mark Grif, and Spirita II.

If you want to keep Quartz Soul you need either (a) two more Quartz Souls for 80% transfer chance or (b) a Soul Receptor fodder for 100% transfer chance.

You cannot transfer Marks.

For Spirita II you can use another Spirita II fodder to keep it. There are +5/10/20/30% affix success boosters in game you can use to increase your chances of transfer. Again, play around in the ability sim to see your options.
    Now it makes more sense. Pain in the ass but at least now I understand what I am supposed to do. Thanks. Out of all the guides I have looked at online, you're the only one that actually explains HOW to build up affixes. I thank you profusely for that.

>Thanks. Does difficulty matter?

For the number of slots/quality of affixes dropped, yes.
    You're more likely to get a 4-slot boss soul on SH than H.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by RibbonSoft View Post
    You can solo those? I never attempted to in those games, lol. I thought those were party quests only.
    No idea, haven't played those MMOs. Most of the Emergency Quests work like raids if you want them to be profitable; since it looks like you haven't really touched SH and above I suggest you keep doing things solo if you must, but do consider running multiplayer content in the future.

i feel like this is some troll post

Okay, now that I understand affixing, lets move on to class build. Here is my current build at the moment. I am currently going ice to focus on Ilbarta even though I have some points in fire and a point in lightning to give a small boost to lightning tech power.

Typically, forces buy multiple trees and dedicate each one to a different element, but it doesn't sound like getting additional trees is a viable prospect for you anytime in the near future. Do you have your heart set on ice? With only one tree to work with, more of the game is vulnerable to Fire than either of the other two Force elements. By, like, a lot. It's not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    Typically, forces buy multiple trees and dedicate each one to a different element, but it doesn't sound like getting additional trees is a viable prospect for you anytime in the near future. Do you have your heart set on ice? With only one tree to work with, more of the game is vulnerable to Fire than either of the other two Force elements. By, like, a lot. It's not even close.
    Yeah, that is one concern I have. Unfortunately, I don't have a skill reset pass so I am kind of stuck at the moment. However, I was wondering: say I did change my main to fire, how would that affect enemies that are resistant to it? Sure I can target weak points all I want with fire but I can't hurt them if they are resistant to fire. I guess the same goes for the other elements. At the same time, I want to do as much damage as I can possibly can in a single attack but quickly. How would you approach this with one skill tree since I don't have the option of purchasing multiple trees.

Yeah, that is one concern I have. Unfortunately, I don't have a skill reset pass so I am kind of stuck at the moment. However, I was wondering: say I did change my main to fire, how would that affect enemies that are resistant to it? Sure I can target weak points all I want with fire but I can't hurt them if they are resistant to fire. I guess the same goes for the other elements. At the same time, I want to do as much damage as I can possibly can in a single attack but quickly. How would you approach this with one skill tree since I don't have the option of purchasing multiple trees.
    If you're starting out, just delete and start over.

Enemy resist, you don't worry about till Ultimate level boss.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

There's very little in the game that can completely no-sell an element. Even in those cases, you still have the options of your other element schools, even if they aren't backed by a mastery. I wouldn't worry about it.

If I were in your position, I would build a typical fire FO/TE. While there are six elements in this game, they are not even close to equally represented. Fire and Light will give you supremacy in...80% (I'm pulling numbers out of my ass, but I'm still probably understating it) of the endgame content where you'll really want it. You'll definitely notice something lacking when you want to cast other elements, but seeing as the most damage usually comes from casting according to the enemy's vulnerability, you're not going to have the opportunity to notice that often.
    Last edited by Xaeris; May 21, 2015 at 01:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaeris View Post
    There's very little in the game that can completely no-sell an element. Even in those cases, you still have the options of your other element schools, even if they aren't backed by a mastery. I wouldn't worry about it.

If I were in your position, I would build a typical fire FO/TE. While there are six elements in this game, they are not even close to equally represented. Fire and Light will give you supremacy in...80% (I'm pulling numbers out of my ass, but I'm still probably understating it) of the endgame content where you'll really want it. You'll definitely notice something lacking when you want to cast other elements, but seeing as the most damage usually comes from casting according to the enemy's vulnerability, you're not going to have the opportunity to notice that often.
    Probabely just go Fire Fo/Light/Wind Te.

So something like this for a skill tree
    http://pso2-skill.pwnedgalaxy.net/sk...0jdoIb0000000j

Mag, 190 T-atk.
    Weapon...wise, get the X 16% ELement Rod/Tali, as they'll help with Elemental conversion, so you can still cast Lightning and Ice Tech on enemy weak to them, although won't be as optimal as pure skill tree.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-

I run Fire/Dark FoTe (personal preference) and I run quests fine. Resistances don't matter that much til Ult. Even then you can just use other elements - sure you won't do as much damage as a pure spec, but you'll still do decent damage.

For example, I had to do the Zandion CO (kill 70 Ult Nab enemies (level 80) with techs) solo (nobody was running Ult Nab at the time) with my Fire tree and basically I just picked things off with Ilbarta