Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

Default RadeonPro AA questions

So currently I'm using RadeonPro SMAA to remove the jaggies. I have 1 question here. If I used the SMAA option (ticked the box), do I have to tick Anti-aliasing,Anti-aliasing filer, Anti-aliasing mode as well? My in game anti-aliasing is disabled. I also want to ask that, is setting texture LOD to -1 will improve my graphics alot?
    Last edited by Spectal; Jun 2, 2015 at 04:22 AM.

pso2 = FXAA you can use both SMAA and FXAA
    LOD doesnt matter much in PSO2

Quote Originally Posted by Spectal View Post
    So currently I'm using RadeonPro SMAA to remove the jaggies. I have 1 question here. If I used the SMAA option (ticked the box), do I have to tick Anti-aliasing,Anti-aliasing filer, Anti-aliasing mode as well? My in game anti-aliasing is disabled. I also want to ask that, is setting texture LOD to -1 will improve my graphics alot?
    No, you don't need to tick the other AA boxes, just SMAA if that's all you really want.. select between low-ultra or custom settings, you can also check if it's running in game by setting the hotkey for the OSD (on screen display) in settings>advanced, once you set the hotkey click save.

edit: About LOD, it's suppose to make textures sharper but I haven't noticed much of a difference, I just use Anisotropic Filtering 16x to make the textures more consistent at greater distances.
    Last edited by Psycl0ne; Jun 2, 2015 at 08:45 AM.
    LucidRealm / Ship02

I'm still having issues for some reason as I can still see the jagged lines. Just a note: I have turned the in-game AA off and made sure other things like Bloom was off as well in-game since I'm using SweetFX for that.

Below is a screenshot of how things look in the lobby with SMAA on Ultra, Anistropic Filtering @16x And HBAO on High:
    Spoiler!

Here are my RadeonPro settings:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Asuka~ View Post
    I'm still having issues for some reason as I can still see the jagged lines. Just a note: I have turned the in-game AA off and made sure other things like Bloom was off as well in-game since I'm using SweetFX for that.

Below is a screenshot of how things look in the lobby with SMAA on Ultra, Anistropic Filtering @16x And HBAO on High:
    Spoiler!

Here are my RadeonPro settings:
    Spoiler!
    That area of the lobby is the worst when it comes to jagged lines so don't worry too much about it, it looks worse because you disabled the in-game AA, I would keep it enabled, you can also try enabling Anti Aliasing Filter right under SMAA and leave it at Multisampling [Box] to see if it makes a difference for you..
    LucidRealm / Ship02

I'm starting to wonder if it's because of my 1600x900 resolution... In regards to those jagged lines I guess. But I applied those settings that you said and I'm quite happy with it. Thank you. Also, here's how it looks like now:
    Spoiler!

Edit: But for some reason, it doesn't appear to be working with OBS... It looks like I'm not using anything at all:
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by Asuka~; Jun 2, 2015 at 09:31 AM.

I never used OBS so I can't help you there.. I know that if you try recording with different programs they won't detect the SweetFX, that's why I just record with RadeonPro. I'm guessing OBS just can't capture the sweetfx but it should be good with the other settings in RadeonPro.
    Last edited by Psycl0ne; Jun 2, 2015 at 09:51 AM.
    LucidRealm / Ship02

Oooh alrighty. Thanks anyway.

Well SMAA seems to barely have any effect on me, well i know the lobby isn't the best but still you can notice that FXAA is the one acting on and not SMAA

With FXAA and SMAA, both Ultra
    Spoiler!

With FXAA only on Ultra
    Spoiler!

Without any of them
    Spoiler!

Setting used, there is the in-game AA enabled too
    Spoiler!

So in the end i'm using FXAA only.

Also about LOD, i'm using LOD +2, it makes textures consistant at all distance but on the other hand it makes logos, Symbol Arts more blurry (you can see my Team logo not looking good in the above pictures), anyway, here is how it looks with LOD to -1, look at the Astral riser blue lines

Spoiler!

Putting back the FXAA only with LOD at +2
    Spoiler!

PC specs : Intel Core i5 @ 3.2Ghz x4 (no turbo boost)
    RAM : 8 GB
    Graphic card : Sapphire Radeon R9 280

@Asuka, i"m pretty sure PSO2 will have better AA effect if you use a Geforce card, you didn't say if it was on an AMD or a Nvidia card but only the screeshots i saw that got no aliasing (or proper AA effect) were with a Nvidia, even in SEGA's trailer there is less aliasing than me and they're using the in-game AA only, also about that resolution, well in PSO2 the higher resolution you'll use, the less aliasing you'll get so it's not your resolution

EDIT : @Spectal well look at my LOD -1 and LOD +2 comparison, but i'll say unless you use a Nvidia card and strong AA settings, having LOD at -1 won't really improve a lot your graphics, but you can go up to -3 in Radeon Pro if you think you can take it lol
    Last edited by Cyber Meteor; Jun 2, 2015 at 10:02 AM.

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

Positive numbers make the textures look worse so it's better at -1 and Anisotropic Filtering at 16x, the only reason I don't like using RadeonPros FXAA is because it makes the game look too blurry so I just use the in-game AA + SMAA, It's a lot harder to tell with SMAA but I do notice a difference in the lobby blue lines at a distance.

edit: I wouldn't worry too much about the lobbies jagged lines, everyone has them and it depends on the angle of the camera they can look good for a second and then bad the next, so you should be fine.
    Last edited by Psycl0ne; Jun 2, 2015 at 10:09 AM.
    LucidRealm / Ship02