Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Zondeel, anti-grenade field

I think that shit's been around for quite some time now, but I always wanted to believe that I was doing something wrong or that SEGA couldn't be so retarded, right?

After playing some SHAQ this week, with and without tech users, I'm now convinced that Zondeel is and has always been the biggest gravity/stun grenade cock-blocker.

For people unfamiliar with the skill: Rangers have 2 active skills called Gravity bomb and stun grenade, when using the skill the player can throw grenades and can see the trajectory of the projectile, like this:

Spoiler!

Thanks to SEGA, Zondeel or the grenades have been coded with the wrong collision variables. What does that mean?

When someone is using zondeel, the tech is going to create an invisible 3D wall that's going to block your grenade projectile, if you try to throw the grenade on the zondeel'ed mobs, you'll end up looking like a moron with a grenade landing at your feet (and no PP regen if you have a Tactics Trap build).

To make sure that zondeel was the cause, I asked a Fo in my party to cast a zondeel while I was holding a grenade:

Before zondeel: normal trajectory
    During zondeel: fucked up trajectory
    After zondeel: trajectory back to normal

So, fellow Rangers, think twice before using your grenades or it's going to blow up straight in your face _(:3 」∠ )_

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

I always wondered why my grenades would randomly explode at my feet. Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

That explains a lot. Feels less stupid.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

What if you approach the centre of the zondeel and try to throw it there?

I don't think it's just zondeel. I'm pretty sure I've had the bug happen when I was solo and it usually gets fixed by moving around a little before throwing it instead of just tapping the button. I'm also pretty sure I've thrown grenades into my own zondeels too.

EDIT: Woah no, you're right. I don't ever remember this happening before. It's way different from the bug I usually get.
    Last edited by Kondibon; May 29, 2015 at 12:50 PM.

This is actually mentioned in the Stun Grenade section in the Ranger skill page on swiki. It's just that few people bother to make an effort to read it (I don't blame those that can't read Japanese, though).
    Ship 02 | ID: Perfect Chaos
    Characters
    Zelda (Newman ALL @ 100) | Sheik (Newman Et/Bo/Fi/Ph/Te @ 100) | Samus (Cast Gu/Fi/Ra @ 100)
    Ganondorf (Dewman Fi/Et/Hu @ 100) | Link (Newman Br/Et/Hu/Hr @ 100) | Deoxys (Cast Lu @ 100)
    Level 50 Technique Customization (max level) using Craft Tech Maker 4. Feel free to message me in game to request any recipe(s).

Stupid question, but why the fuck would you even throw gravity grenade at zondeeled mobs in the first place? Especially when zondeel is stronger than gravity bomb unless you have tactic trap to get some PP back. It makes no complete sense other than making yourself wait another 15sec.

JP friend told me about this a while ago. I was also wondering why my grenades kept detonating early.
    Wish they'd fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    Stupid question, but why the fuck would you even throw gravity grenade at zondeeled mobs in the first place? Especially when zondeel is stronger than gravity bomb unless you have tactic trap to get some PP back. It makes no complete sense other than making yourself wait another 15sec.
    You could buffer in-between Zondeels by timing grenades in-between.
    Except, you can't because they will just explode outside of Zondeel's range.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    You answered your own question.

Ah, always thought it was just me experiencing some precision lag with odd properties.