Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by final_attack View Post
    I believe that's .... Deuman's Horn
    Female?

Filler-man!! _(:3」 final_attack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lostbob117 View Post
    Female?
    Probably.

Lemme check. Just checked male one ....... didn't look like that.

Brb changing char

Edit :

Female Deuman's Horn ...

Last edited by final_attack; Jun 5, 2015 at 04:35 AM.
    - Ship 2 -
    Ghost - GuHu (Lv100 (current))
    明石篠 - all other classes - currently inactive Alt

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Can't find anything interesting in terms of enemies in the prepatch files, besides that Gal Gryphon texture. Darn.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Can't find anything interesting in terms of enemies in the prepatch files, besides that Gal Gryphon texture. Darn.
    Yeah, boring prepatch zzz

The supposive Gaijin Hero EvilMag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Know how to access the list of E-trials or quests? If so, anything new there?
    Quote Originally Posted by CelestialBlade View Post
    Bit off-topic, but I'm just sick and tired of "difficulty" meaning "stat boosts". It's lazy and boring.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMag View Post
    Know how to access the list of E-trials or quests? If so, anything new there?
    There's no such thing as a single place you can look for quests, you have to look for evidence of new quests elsewhere. As for E-trials, they probably do have a place, but I dunno where to check and they really don't have much reason to update that very often. Last time it was updated, there were a couple new E-trials called 'Annihilation Hell Ice' and 'Annihilation Hell Thunder', for comparison, Ignix(Code Explosion in Beckoning Darkness EQ) is just 'Annihilation Hell'.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Soma View Post
    I wear 5 inch thick nostlagia glasses when it comes to PSOBB and was playing until 2014 but even for me this is pretty ridiculous.
    You are honestly saying PSOBB with its 4-5 different map layouts for some areas was preferable?
    You may get "randomized" maps in PSO2, but if it's the same room repeated more than 4 times at the same Area, then I don't see exactly how random that is. It's just too generic at this point, honestly. In my aforementioned run of Forest (which I should've taken a screenshot of), there were 10 rooms that were all the same exact copy-and-paste layout in Area 1.

PSOBB never did that because you had different triggers, switches, and layouts within rooms themselves each time. I don't know where you come off thinking that.

PSOBB had a ton of copypasta map design in every area on top of very little variation overall because often very large parts of the map were just reused all the time. I'm pretty sure it wasn't generated room by room but rather quarter by quarter considering how samey EVERYTHING looked.
    You are talking about two different levels of progression through an area here.

In PSOBB, you would have to eliminate all the enemies in a room or find a way to unlock certain doors that are controlled by a switch or other means (like a Warp, for instance), to get to the end of an Area. Each area had its own theme and, barring the rather arguably lackluster areas of Episode 4, all of them were clever in design and felt whole. There are not many areas of PSO2 that do that due to SEGA wanting to go with a design more based around a different form of random generation.

Also, in PSOBB enemies had different stats depending on playing multi or solo mode (which doesn't exist anymore), if you played multi mode alone the still had the same stats as when you played with 3 others.
    wut?

Solo Mode = Locking an MPA for you alone and ticking the box that says "Solo play" or whatever it was called before you take a quest in PSO2. Then, you just do a solo run. The downside is that you don't have as good a chance for rare enemies or bosses to show up, iirc. But in PSO2, enemies are not scaled by the amount of people: it is by the level they are at.

This wouldn't be a problem if they all didn't fall like flies outside of very particular difficulties or quests you try to solo, like UQs.

Finally, in PSOBB we had units to boost attack speed, which we don't have anymore and faster enemies just mean they are far more annoying for slow weapon types like swords or launchers. And attack speed upgrades don't work in PSO2 cause the timing for battles is FAR more precise then in PSOBB and all change to is a problem.
    Well, Launchers can snipe from extremely far ranges and offer a wide range of AoE damage. There are also Class Skills and Technique Customization that make certain weapons faster or more efficient. Weapons move fast enough for their own purposes and what they do to keep up with enemies in the game, no matter the difficulty. Attack speed 'does' work because it means you're getting in that much more DPS.

However, each Weapon for a class/sub-class that you can use has their own purposes they are good for. It's about finding out when to use them for those purposes more than anything else. For instance, with a Sword, it is more about knowing when to use it. While it may not be smart to use on a fast moving foe, Wired Lances or Partisan would be, as an example.

The real problem with 13* is the we have to really HUNT them. In an morpg where sega managed to remove the incredibly dull part of endlessly hunting gear by givign us the player shop we are now back to hunting for god knows how long in order to get a strong weapon.
    That alone saps ALL of my motivation to get a 13*.
    Because in the end being forced to hunt gear is nothing but a pointless and boring time sink made to make you play and pay more.
    And it's not a way to determine player skill either because it just means that player either got super lucky or spend a lot of time doing a really boring chore.

For now enemy stats haven't caught up with gear yet and a decent 11* is more than enough but eventually enemies will have hp so high that you will need a good 13* to kill them in a reasonable time. I just hope that won't happen before it's possible to get a good 13* without so much trouble.
    This, I agree with for the most part.

It's next-to-impossible to get the same Ares drop twice to get one properly affixed, for instance. At least in the present state of the game. Slave weapons are far too expensive to buy, so you have to rely on hunting for them in the Lillipa UQ. Because Anga spawns there, no one really does Naberius UQ any longer as much as they used to. The only 13*weapons that are worth the grind are Ideals, really. A bonus is that you can change the photon color for them. But asking for all content to just be handed to you through Player Shops is just lazy design. It's far better to have rares that you do hunt for, but the almost masochistic level of thought that went into hunting for Ares or trying to buy Slave Weapons with mats takes things too far.

Also, C-Mode is made for any type of player count. People have cleared it with 2/12 already as well. That is why the VR Energy drain scales with the number of people in your party. More people play 8/12 MPAs in CQ as the norm than anything else, especially when it comes down to getting consistent clears and for ranking purposes.
    Last edited by Korazenn; Jun 5, 2015 at 05:05 AM.

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

I don't suppose someone wants to upload it? :V

Quote Originally Posted by Shinamori View Post
    I don't suppose someone wants to upload it? :V
    (Was unsure if you meant this to be for the 2/12 CQ Clear I mentioned earlier.)
    Here you go! A video by someone else who uploaded their 2/12 clear on YouTube.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zfAtIGsvcI

ダーク ファルス 【守護者】

I was talking about the prepatch. :V