Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Korazenn View Post
    To the rest of the conversation, yes, PSO2 is designed as a game that can work on both PC and the PlayStation Vita for most aspects of the game. But it is heavily downscaled on the Vita compared to a high-end gaming PC running the game on max settings. If you don't see the differences, I honestly feel bad for you as it likely means your PC needs an upgrade badly. xD
    Even if you are using a high performance PC, you are not necessarily safe from all the client-related bugs, lag, and generally poor graphical quality of the game. I agree that the Vita cannot be the (sole) reason for this, but you are not going to convince anyone that this game looks or runs anywhere near as well as it should reasonably be able to.

If Diablo 3 can run on consoles, is the game itself limited in scope on the PC because it is a console game? No. It isn't. Diablo 3 was built as a PC game from the ground-up. The same goes for PSO2.
    The Vita certainly did not keep it back from being a more quality PSO experience.
    Actually, PC elitists are well known for complaining about multi-platform games causing the PC version of said games to have poorer quality and controls. You have to realize that while the developers technically could bring each version up to the limit (or standard, in this case) of the platform in question, it is generally considered a poor use of time in-house.

That is without cross-platform play. With PSO2 needing to always support such limited hardware, no amount of "downscaling" will allow the game to significantly advance outside of minor graphical updates that can simply be turned off for the vita (i.e. unimportant things). While I doubt that adding new equipment, quests, and cosmetic features is the actual limit, it sort of feels like that.

I'm just hoping that they'll manage to make the game more like PSO and less like a Fashion and EQ Simulator one day.
    Until they revamp the character creator and add the ability to recolor all sections of all costumes and separate the pieces to allow for outfit creation, it will accomplish neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    I remember a video of a very VERY early build of PSO2. It was using the same sound effects as PSU, and the HUD looked like an evolved version of PSU/PSPo stuff. The city stage was vibrant and clean looking, Dark Ragne had these weird fucking legs that were too small for its body, and Rangers could strafe and do dodges using a fucking jet pack. They fucking hovered. I wish we had that for Rangers.
    You still have that video laying around? I love cutting room floor stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NightfallG View Post
    You still have that video laying around? I love cutting room floor stuff like this.
    Here.

Falling like a black star…

That is surprisingly smooth gameplay.

so we get to download this and windows 10?
    栄美
    ID: joshirosama

I doubt they will go back and cut up all the outfits for separate use.
    I've requested it multiple times, and I bet other people have been requesting it as well.
    The more outfits they pump out, the more work it becomes.

I expect that in 5 more years or so, when they have few new interesting outfits, they'll start cutting up old ones and selling them to us as new AC parts.

Quote Originally Posted by TaigaUC View Post
    I doubt they will go back and cut up all the outfits for separate use.
    I've requested it multiple times, and I bet other people have been requesting it as well.
    The more outfits they pump out, the more work it becomes.

I expect that in 5 more years or so, when they have few new interesting outfits, they'll start cutting up old ones and selling them to us as new AC parts.
    I highly doubt that as well. They have no need to put in that work when they can just continue to pump out cosmetics from collaborations and keep the most important userbase happy. I can kind of see that last part happening in some capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by Maninbluejumpsuit View Post
    and slave was all sorts of fail.
    What do you mean? The farming involved behind it?

Quote Originally Posted by pkemr4 View Post
    so we get to download this and windows 10?
    Does shitguard even compatible with win10 yet.
    it even had some problem with win8.1 back then.

Quote Originally Posted by Searaphim View Post
    What do you mean? The farming involved behind it?
    Yeah. Need the details?

Shigure ship 2. Credit to agarwood for the picture!