Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast
    Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    That's the only thing that's actually worth ditching the S-ATK SP for. Personally I'd ditch Iron Will and 3 SP in S-ATK though. Massive Hunter doesn't really seem that useful for Br/Hu anyway outside of bow usage for bosses.

btw, the S-ATK actually adds more damage than that since Shifta Drink (20% increase), Katana Gear (30% increase), and the other Shifta stuff exist. It's more like an 11% increase with just Shifta Drink, and an 18-19% increase with both Drink and Katana Gear.
    Massive Hunter is good for an awful lot of the same reasons Combat Escape is, the prime difference being that Combat Escape is -100% damage taken(Invincibility) whereas Massive Hunter is -25%, but affords nearly all the other luxuries invincibility provides. Massive Hunter also has 2.25x the uptime.
    Last edited by Maenara; Jun 8, 2015 at 04:11 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

I already got like 20+ te cubes in storage because I knew they were going to have more orders like this eventually

With all that Braver has, the value of automate isn't that great. Snatch Step + JA serves as both an offensive and defense option too.
    If we're talking about Hunter or Fighter mains without limit break, then definitely go get automate. Would totally skip out on the Fighter without limit break, but whatever.

If you only have one character and tree, then I can't argue against taking automate at all.
    tl;dr: automate is better for some class combinations than others.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Massive Hunter is good for an awful lot of the same reasons Combat Escape is
    -15% damage bonus
    -teleports
    -Katana Combat Finish

I didn't know Massive Hunter did any of that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellion View Post
    With all that Braver has, the value of automate isn't that great.
    I kinda thought Massive Automate was preferable if using Banish > Kamikaze. Massive Hunter by itself works just fine for that?

-15% damage bonus
    -teleports
    -Katana Combat Finish

I didn't know Massive Hunter did any of that stuff.

I kinda thought Massive Automate was preferable if using Banish > Kamikaze. Massive Hunter by itself works just fine for that?
    Combat Escape =/= Katana Combat.

reported.

That all depends on how many BA->KA x 2 you intend to do in a row.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    Combat Escape =/= Katana Combat.
    Can't use Combat Escape without Katana Combat, so...yeah.

Can't use Combat Escape without Katana Combat, so...yeah.
    For the sake of comparison, it's an active skill that just happens to always activate at the same time as another.

What you're arguing is a bit like arguing PP Save Bullet also grants 2.55x damage to a specific part of an enemy for 20 seconds after you normal attack it, because PP Save Bullet can't be active unless you load weakbullet(Or another, inferior bullet), or like arguing High Time gives +50 PP while TMGs are equipped, or even like Flame Tech S Charge gives +40% damage to fire techs. They don't - other skills do.

reported.

I guess I have to spell it out. You're comparing one skill with one skill. What you should be doing is comparing a full skill tree with another full skill tree. By itself, Combat Escape is somewhat comparable to Massive Hunter if you just look at what the skills do, but because it's tied to Katana Combat, a damage bonus, Katana Combat Finish, and can be acquired with minimal SP investment, it isn't all that similar to Massive Hunter in practice.

I mean really, it'd be pretty stupid to say "fire techs don't charge faster than other techs if you don't get Flame Tech S Charge" in the context of a fire build, right? How does it make more sense to argue that Combat Escape is functionally similar to Massive Hunter in the context of Br/Hu then?
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Jun 8, 2015 at 06:35 PM.

^Combat Escape and Massive Hunter, both are defensive options for BRHU. Both let the user to deal damage almost uninterrupted (almost, because Massive Hunter still has stun to worry about) in 65 seconds (20 from KC, 45 from MH). This also translate to more DPS.

In short: Both skills make BRHU's DPS almost uninterrupted in 65 seconds, especially during bossfight, if used one after another.
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur