Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Anyone else on the SEA Version of PSO2?

I am new to these forums as you can see, so I must say greetings to everyone here aboard PSO-World!
    My primary question is here, I downloaded the SEA Version of PSO2 as it was already in English and thanks to some FAQs upon this website, managed to now play it with no problem. I am curious however, there aren't too many english speaking players (shouldn't have been suprised there, really) and just curious if anyone on here also plays this version or should I spend some time getting the JP Version instead?
    I only avoided the JP version because I assumed it was much more difficult to get on the servers.

idk aboot u, but getting on the JP version feels easier to me. Only thing you have to deal with really is Capcha.
    Sig is 1,324.5 KB, reduce to 49kb.
    People have 50KB+ sig images, and mine gets cut. Legit

Also content and playerbase-wise you should get to JP before you waste your time in SEA and wait for half the patches/content.

Only blockade of JP is captcha boss after you defeat it its a breeze.
    =Ziel= Ship 02
    Ninel 90/90 Ra/Hu Gund...Cast!

I'm trying the SEA version and the translation is... not the best.

They just got Quarry and access to Matterboard 2-4, and they're using the old skill tree. Also (at least in ship 2) the market is pretty much limited, compared with the JP server.

So, as a suggestion, and if you can/want: play some PSO2 SEA. Create your character, save its data, learn the basics (how to feed your mag, classes and subclasses, how to unlock new maps/difficulty levels, how to develop your skilltree), play with all the classes and weapons, until you find your favorite; and when you're ready, make the jump to JP servers. It's a much better experience and I'm sure you will enjoy it.

Most people here play JP PSO2 and for good reason. There is a lot more content out (and lets be honest, this game is pretty sparing on that subject as it is) and its got a much larger player base. The English translation is well done for a fan translation and is supported very well. The Japanese won't mind you either assuming you don't make a fool of yourself.

Go to the JP server just for the fact that you will not need a VPN to play unlike SEA, and everything the SEA server has, the JP server has it translated by the community, and many more. It's not 100% in English, but it is 99% translated.

I hear Nazonde and Sakura End are ridiculous on SEA.

SEA indeed in english, but most ppl still talk using their own language, imo it's better to just play at JP with english patch..

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    I hear Nazonde and Sakura End are ridiculous on SEA.
    very, this come to the point where every FO using nazonde everywhere (even at boxes)

In case anyone wondering how bad it is :
    Spoiler!
    Last edited by seilent; Jun 8, 2015 at 06:13 PM.

I play both. Have capped on both.

Play JP.

Well OP, if you're living on SEA region you may want to stick to SEA server, but if you indeed want "superior version" of the game just hop in to JP.
    The stuff that keep outsiders from JP probably registration captcha which you can solve yourself if you're smart enough, and IP blocking which has tons of workaround to bypass.