Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

It's possible to have fun and actually give a shit without running around, dick waving in the air saying you're playing for fun by being bad. It's not even a matter of pro vs. casual. Most casual players still actually bother to learn the games they play, even if to a smaller extent
    FiliaMortis * SARA-013 * Kiyoko * Akane * Vikky * Mei * Alicia * Ophelia

Mattykins - Ship 02

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykins View Post
    It's possible to have fun and actually give a shit without running around, dick waving in the air saying you're playing for fun by being bad.
    This goes both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattykins View Post
    It's not even a matter of pro vs. casual. Most casual players still actually bother to learn the games they play, even if to a smaller extent
    I don't think it was ever a pro vs casual thing, but I like to believe I am in that group. At least as far as gameplay goes. Gear and skill trees can go suck some salty nuts.

Quote Originally Posted by Z-0 View Post
    The issue is that a lot of this game requires teamwork or other players to co-operate to really be able to benefit from content, it's selfish to argue "I play for fun" if you're not pulling your weight enough to make the game smooth for everyone involved, just because you don't want to feel like you're doing anything wrong.
    I don't disagree I just think everyone has wildly varying standards for what "pulling your weight" even means. I understand the value of being considerate, but wouldn't it also be inconsiderate to drop out of a run if things took a turn for the worst?

Still I think a lot of this has to do with the way progression in the game is set up as well. Setting up a good set of gear (let alone obtaining it) is a bigger deal to non-premium players, not to mention how arcane affixing is without guides or a love of statistics and charts. Then there's the whole money gate for skill tree stuff that I'm baffled exists in a game where skill trees are so important to how effective you are.

I speak from experience when I say there's a group of people who would have no problem with being more effective even if it's not how they usually play if there weren't pay walls for doing so. I also speak from experience when I say some of those same people get really defensive when people tell them to play more effectively... if that makes sense.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jun 10, 2015 at 09:12 PM.

lel, the reason i don't even play any of TD EQ anymore.
    The quality of MPA rapidly reclining, thanks to fast leveling method and almost every newfag don't care about their gear on XH, they don't even know proper play strategy for certain EQ and dies a lot.
    If you want to play EQ that require teamwork or high DPS in general, just camp in good block or organize your own MPA, there's almost no hope in random group anymore.

It's too much to ask for at least 2 competent people to cover the other half of the map these days.

6 people dying to a single Malluda is disgraceful.

I doubt those people standing there doing nothing the entire time were "playing" for "fun".

I saw 4-5 people get killed by Maluda in a single strike yesterday.
    I was the only one who survived (via dodge), had to res them.

I did a TD3 earlier and it was my first time in a while that I did it with baka gaijins and it went as I thought it would...terrible.

I did my part and we still managed to finish it with a B rank. Placing first place was ultra easy since I was the only one killing things.

At times I was placing first without even using my AIS beating the player who had an AIS out. That's how scrubby they were playing.

A non AIS player should NEVER out perform a player who's using an AIS.

One of the main reasons why baka gaijins suck at TD3 is because they do not know how to pilot the AIS. They don't know what to do with it. When I get on my AIS you know shits going down. I PUT IN WORK SON!!! =P (joking aside i'm very good with it).

The other main reason is the fact that baka gaijins seem to think that anyone who uses an AIS in the earlier runs is a scrub and that the AIS should only be used starting wave 4 (lmao). There's 12 free AIS then you will eaily get 7K points for another 12. There's only 8 waves now do the math. It's not hard.

All of my best parties start using the AIS from wave 2.

Lastly, I found it funny that a couple of baka gaijins sent me hate mail talking about *learn how to play* yet I placed first like everytime? The funny thing is that it was someone who died and I passed them by but when I tried to go back and revive them as soon as my character did the revive animation a missle from an infected airplane hit me and interupted my revive animation. I had to move out of there because I wasn't gonna die for some stupid scrub.

Keep in mind that I DID try to revive him though.

That reminds me... I also saw an EN guy standing in an AIS doing nothing for ages.
    Maybe he pooped his pants or something.

I've seen some abusive GJs from EN players before, though not for a while now.
    Probably because I don't do much multi stuff. I stay the hell away from TD1 (sick of hero wannabes splitting everything) and TD2 (nearly always epic fail in general).
    TD1 and 2 give rubbish EXP and drops compared to TD3 anyway. Not worth the tickets.
    Especially when people keep getting rubbish ranks.

idk about the english crowd's willingness to cooperate but do you guys even try to assume the leader role and coordinate movements accross the map, call out stuff and ask for kiting from people who are weak ?

i'm betting a lot you just stay silent, which would be a fantastic display of teamwork
    Last edited by Remz69; Jun 10, 2015 at 10:24 PM.
    hi

I started playing again a month ago. I have to say, some TD3 pugs I'm playing with are worse than when TD3 first came out.

Quote Originally Posted by Remz69 View Post
    try to assume the leader role and coordinate movements accross the map
    That just make you looks like a "leader wanna-be" or straight douche, lots of people don't want you to bossing around, and it's not very efficient anyway.

It's either step down to lower difficulty or try to fit in and figure out the best or most efficient way to play in EQ or get out and dance in lobby until EQ end.
    At very least, get a decent gear before walks in to XH, dear lord.
    Last edited by wefwq; Jun 10, 2015 at 10:35 PM.