Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    No, the issue is people do not want to or care to learn
    Spoiler!
    Those units though...

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    If you're not playing for fun, then you should really stop playing
    I will never understand where you kind of people spawn from.

Spoiler!
    My reading is a bit rusty from the en patch but what is wrong here? I see a 5 slot with stam4 and spirita4 from just a glance. It's even crafted to ex 10.

Super Edit 5000: Right i'm not going to try and defend that anymore. Forget I said anything
    Last edited by Miles064; Jun 10, 2015 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Terrence View Post
    People want to learn. But teachers are way too condescending. THAT is the issue here.
    Its both, honestly. There are just as many ignorant players who refuse to learn as there are arrogant asshats who forget that they were newbies, one upon a time too & couldn't be bothered to take a break from a few missions & explain things (rather than just shouting "Shut up & do it this way").

Also doesn't help when you get mixed results.
    Newbies that, at first, want to learn new things. But they meet Sir KnowsItFuckAll, get frustrated from his (or her) condescending "lessons" & end up as " n00bs " that no longer give a damn if they're doing it right or wrong.

Spoiler!

My statement was not directed at newbies to pso2 (or any other game for that matter).

Quote Originally Posted by un1t27 View Post
    A game stops being a game when you treat it like a job.

Some people, and even some in the JP community like 2ch, dont get that. Unlike MOBA and fighting games, treating it like a job doesn't really benefit you as much as the aforementioned genres.

I'm not saying for people to go full retard, but just take it easy. Although it doesn't help that Sega keeps force-feeding everyone TEAMWORK (even though people just get on because they enjoy the combat), like people have to be reminded that this is an MMO aka one of the most faulty genres in gaming.

PJSalt

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    A game stops being a game when you treat it like a job.

Some people, and even some in the JP community like 2ch, dont get that. Unlike MOBA and fighting games, treating it like a job doesn't really benefit you as much as the aforementioned genres.

I'm not saying for people to go full retard, but just take it easy. Although it doesn't help that Sega keeps force-feeding everyone TEAMWORK (even though people just get on because they enjoy the combat), like people have to be reminded that this is an MMO aka one of the most faulty genres in gaming.
    Exactly. People who rage in a PvE game are pathetic.
    Last edited by KazeSenoue; Jun 10, 2015 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KazeSenoue View Post
    Exactly. People who rage in a PvE game are pathetic.
    I find both sides of this argument pretty inane. I didn't say anything before because I assume un1t27 is talking about a specific subset of players who get super defensive and entitled when people get mad at them for holding people back... just like there's a subset of people who get super defensive and entitled because other people aren't up to their standards.

But the fact of the matter here is we're ALL trying to have fun, but people who have fun doing things different ways or with different amounts of comitment are regularly put in positions where they have to play together for content that's only up 30 minutes at a time. Some people have fun enforcing challenges on themselves, some people have fun playing goofy builds, some people have fun using cool looking gear. Likewise some people have fun pushing the limits of the game, some people have to be as efficient as possible, and some people have fun spending time making sure their gear has perfect stats.

And of course different people have different things that they considering "un-fun" too. No one is "wrong" or "bad" for enjoying certain aspects of the game more than others or wanting something different from the game than others. The only thing I feel people "NEED" to do is never expect anything of pugs (this goes for both sides too because I specifically remember a lot of people complaining about multi stepping and how they couldn't keep up). If you want to throw blame around and get angry though, direct it at the devs for making a system that actively puts players into a position where their ideals can so easily clash.
    Last edited by Kondibon; Jun 10, 2015 at 07:17 PM.

The issue is that a lot of this game requires teamwork or other players to co-operate to really be able to benefit from content, it's selfish to argue "I play for fun" if you're not pulling your weight enough to make the game smooth for everyone involved, just because you don't want to feel like you're doing anything wrong. This is the thing most people have a problem with, but you're right that some people expect a little too much from people and complain about the weirdest shit (2ch is a great example of this).

Unless I'm playing with specific people, I just expect general etiquette in games so it's not bad, but sometimes that isn't followed and it makes things rather unbearable, but what can you do?

IT'S A NEW DAY, YES IT IS

Top KEK m8

also, i don't know rusev is playing pso2, rusev rocks bro