Default VOXes - Japanese PSO Doujin Album and an Episode IV Remix

http://atmo.jp/m3-2015s/

Hey guys, hope I'm following the rules here. I made a PSO Episode 4 remix recently for a Japanese PSO Doujin Album called VOXes by another PSO inspired musician named Klavistr, and I thought I'd post it here because I realize that the song source is pretty unknown. Episode 4 has some of my favorite music in the whole PS series, and I hope maybe someone here might appreciate it.

Would love your thoughts and cc

Here is the track I did if interested:
    https://soundcloud.com/jameson-sutto...um-fantasy-mix

VOXes has a pretty nice album cover. The song itself is also pretty good. I like how it goes from quiet, to loud, to quiet and then loud again. That said, I do want to say that there is something about the piano and cello bit at 0'35" that bugs me, I don't know what to really suggest and it doesn't hurt the piece overall, so I wouldn't worry about it. Another thing that stuck out to me is the cello at 5'00". Seeing as it clashes with the volumes of two other parts, maybe the cello could become more subdued during this time, maybe similar to how it was during 1'40"? Lastly, it may also help if the brass had less of a growl to it.

I have to ask, did you take any influences from FFXIII when writing this piece?
    Last edited by yoshiblue; Jun 13, 2015 at 09:56 PM.

Wow man, thank you for leaving such detailed feedback! I really appreciate it. I admit the solo cello was a bit weird to balance, I'll be sure to be more mindful of it.

As for the Final Fantasy similarities, FFXIII-2 specifically is one of my favorite modern soundtracks. I love Masashi Hamauzu's works as much as like PSO and wanted to create something in the vein of his work.