Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry PSO2 Character Simulator

Yo! I present you with yet another simulator for Phantasy Star Online 2.

Simulator Links
    PSO2 Character Simulator
    Demo Build Link
    (Note, this ain't my actual build, but it IS my character for those that wonder)

PSO2-CS User Guide
    PSO2-CS Version History
    PSO2-CS F.A.Q
    PSO2-CS Support Forums
    PSO2-CS Bucket List (Will be explained later in this post)
    PSO2-CS Translations

If the demo build link does NOT work, please let us know. If that link doesn't work, no build link will work xD.

About this simulator
    This is what I call a "All in one" simulator. My simulators do a whole lot more than just being something simple like a skill simulator. It goes way beyond that. This simulator will do everything imaginable for you.

This simulator is what you would call a "online simulator." If your internet connection decides to cut out on you, you won't be able to use the simulator. For more information on the infrastructure of the simulator, I would look at the User Guide posted above along with the Framework wiki article which is also in the User Guide. For information on why this simulator was created, read the FAQ.

However, as of right now, the simulator is not fully complete yet.

Simulator Features
    I will give you a quick rundown of the simulator's main features. Some of these features may or may not be in the current version of the simulator.
    • Stat calculation
    • Ability to add your sub-palettes
    • Ability to select your equipment
    • Ability to set general information about your character such as Name, Photo, Team, etc
    • Photon Art selection
    • Technique selection
    • Compound Technique selection
    • Craft Levels
    • Ability to set up and customize up to 20 Mags
    • Ability to set up to 5 different skill trees per Class in the Class Skill Tree simulator
    • Ability to add up to 10 YouTube videos
    • Ability to add your Team Website (if applicable)
    • Save Slot System (Up to a max of 20 slots)
    • Hotkey support
    • Multiple Language Support
    • Mobile support (Future speak)

Missing parts of the simulator
    The equipment section and the Class Skill Info section do not work currently. Both will work in a later update.

Browser Compatibility
    We only support the latest versions of each browser. Unfortunately, Internet Explorer support has been dropped completely for this simulator only. Please refer to the F.A.Q or User Guide on why such support has been dropped. Microsoft's newest browser in Windows 10, Edge, may be supported though once Windows 10 is available.

How to use
    We feel with the way the simulator was designed that it would be easy for you to jump in and use the simulator. For those who need a guide though, the PSO2-CS User Guide that I linked above will help you out. Its a great guide that goes into great detail on the simulator including very important things that anyone should know.

Simulator Updates
    The nice thing about my latest revision of simulators is that they can easily be updated. Unlike many other simulator developers, I have designed a easy to use update system to use whenever a game adds new skills or anything else that would normally require the simulator to be updated.

As long as we have the information, we can update things like the Photon Art / Technique list, Mag data, and new skills for Skill Trees the very same day they came out without touching any of the simulator's main code.

We like to call these updates "Ninja updates." We don't necessarily post news about our Ninja updates. So for example, one minute you're looking at your Mag and added a Auto Action. You go to the Stat Info section of the simulator. You go back to the Mag section to see that new Auto Actions have been added.

For changes made to the actual simulator, please look at the Version History link I listed above.

Updates to the simulator are done monthly like any other simulator. For new simulators just released, the first few months may be daily or weekly updates. Critical bugs found with the simulator are addressed immediately.

Simulator Translations
    The simulator by default cannot be google translated (If you're tech savvy, it can be heh heh). We do however support multiple languages for the simulator. For more information about translating the simulator in your native language, take a look at the PSO2-CS Translations link.

Unfortunately, I have bad news for you though. As of right now, nothing is on the translation sheet! The amount of text strings to translate is quite big and I have not got around to adding the text strings to the spreadsheet yet. I will notify you when the spreadsheet has been updated.

Also, for the English simulator, the team will use Japanese text or put N/A for newly added things that aren't translated to English yet. Since I cannot / do not translate anything, I will either leave it as is or wait for someone to translate it. This is where the translation sheet will also play a vital role for the English simulator.

Normally, for games, I just rip from the game client's files, but since PSO2 is a bit special, I can't do that. So there is a "delay."

We do NOT want google translated information. If you do not know Japanese, do not update the translation sheets.

Bucket List
    The bucket list is simply a list of features that are going to be added to the simulator. They are in no specific order and no date is given on when they will be complete. Any feature requests posted in this thread will be reported to this thread where I will make my million dollar decision on whether or not to add your feature to the list. I will ask my team first and see what they think and go from there.

The first post in the thread lists the features that will definitely be in a future version of the simulator.

F.A.Q
    These are general questions I normally get asked about for any simulator. It is definitely worth taking a look at. Most of the time, if you ask me a question that is already in the F.A.Q, I will tell you to read the F.A.Q.

The F.A.Q will be updated from time to time so its worth checking back into when you have the time.

Contacting the Team
    There are several ways to contact the development team.

Reyva
    The Reyva Network site (via thread posting, contact us form, or conversations (Our Private Message system))
    PSO-World (Username: Reyva)
    Steam: reyvacom
    PSO2: Look at the demo build for my player id

* I am more active on Steam than Skype. Since I use Steam to play games, its normally running 24/7.

* I play PSO2 randomly/seldom/sporadically. There is no telling when I would be on it.

Emiri
    The Reyva Network site

Iori
    The Reyva Network site

Please don't expect quick replies from me or the other team members. The team is usually busy most of the time with either their personal lives or their own projects. If you are needing a reply ASAP, then use the contact us form on the site. Its completely anonymous and the email is sent to all staff members. Someone on the team will respond quicker vs other means listed here.

You will definitely want to talk to me about major things instead of Emiri or Iori. I am the one who created the simulator and the one who will be maintaining/adding new features to it. Emiri simply fixes bugs that are found with the simulator or update the data files. Iori simply won't give you the time of day.......normally.

Other projects
    If there is something out there created by someone else that you want to see implemented in the simulator, feel free to reach out to us. I am very interested in that, but you will need permission from the author of that project since I will use their code as a base to create that for the simulator.

Unfortunately, other projects would not be added to the simulator until the rest of the simulator is complete. A rough ETA would be around late summer / early fall.

Wiki
    I am not going to post much details about this since this is not what the thread is about. I will tell you that I am still on the fence on whether or not to develop a wiki for this game and have been for the past year. Details can be found on our forums for what I'm looking for, but I am not going to provide details here. Don't even think about talking about it in this thread though . I'll just ignore it anyways.

Other Notes
    I am going to take a break for a while as it took a lot of work and time to develop this simulator (I don't think I have much energy left at all so let meh recover xD. Feels like I lose a piece of my soul every time I build a game simulator). Unless a critical bug is found, I won't be working on the simulator again until July 2015.

Special Thanks
    The PSO2 community (JP and EN). You guys are a bunch scrubs to me, but thats in a good way haha.

Eh, first update should contain the following:

• Automation update (So new stuff can be added easily)
    • Hotkeys such as setting max level and CO SP for all classes
    • Other random hotkeys

That update should be pushed out sometime this week or the end of the weekend by another staff member depending on their schedule.

I'll probably start on development of the equipment section during the month of July and either have a release for that ready during July or the first week in August. Most likely August since I have to shift to some other projects that need attention.

If you want some details on the equipment section, it will start out pretty basic. You'll have a palette of 6 for weapons like in the game. A place for units/clothing. What I can also do for units is allow up to 3 or 6 different configurations for units too even though thats not possible in the game.

On these weapon palettes, you'll be able to set your PAs to each one.

When it comes to customizing weapons/units, you'll be able to set additional properties for each one.

After that is released and working as expected, at a later date, I'll probably add some more things like customization options like hair, accessories, etc to that section.

Crafted gear will have to be ironed out later on this.....or maybe not. Never can tell with me.

The Class Skill Info and Character overview sections would be worked on in August. Photon Art customization probably too if it comes out then and when its well documented.

I'll probably actually add the translation sheets over the weekend. However, its the start of my 3 day weekend so you're not going to see much of me at all until next week.

what is that? looks like malware spam tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Dammy View Post
    what is that? looks like malware spam tbh
    People this dumb are actually allowed to exist.

Spectacular.

It's a full fledged character simulator but in early stage.

I respect the effort although it's not something I'd use personally.

You have a lot of free time.

{Theme: Infinite Legends}
    RadiantAim: When did you get here?
    LegendAim: Wow he actually leveled him
    LordAim: Hai gaiz

Did anyone know this was being made? I certainly didn't.

Neato. Now with your free time go cure cancer or something. :P
    Ship 02 - Ur, Player ID: Niare Sky
    75/55 BR/BOdewearl Niare Sky, 54/40 GU/RAmar Davin Carver
    YouTube Channel here - check it out!
    PSO2 Story Playlists: Episode 1 | Episode 2

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    I respect the effort although it's not something I'd use personally.
    This, pretty much. I really can't see the use for such a simulator.

Can save PA/tech lists, I guess that could help people track missing discs for all their characters and their crafted techs stats.

Your skill tree part isn't that bad, but Gardios' skill tree sim still looks better, is easier to read, to add points and share.

Sure you can improve it, but I don't think people need or are going to use that kind of simulator.

this is actually pretty cool. everything looks really neat imo. Wish the equipment tab worked though.
    Also, "Now with your free time go cure cancer or something." the hell?

Heh well I wasn't expecting the nicest of posts given the community but I know that nab radiant legend personally so I expected that from him.

As for the skill tree part of the simulator, I designed that to be the way it was in game except that I didn't want to annoy the user by not being able to jump to the bottom of the skill tree for example and select a skill without the prerequisites. Really the only difference between my skill simulator and gardios is that I use select lists for skill levels and it only shows the info for the rank shown. Course I'm leaving design out of the difference here.

Other than that, it's a blast working on this project and I'll continue to work on it. As far as the equipment section is concerned, I won't be able to work on it until August. I have other projects I have to work on first. So there won't be many exciting changes in July for this simulator.

As far as the translation sheet goes, probably will add that stuff tomorrow night.