Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    I don't know why people are telling OP they're wrong when 2 and 3 are legitimately bad things to do. For 2, the whole point of using Zondeel is to group mobs around players so that they can attack them. Not drag them away. For 3, Zondeel should always be followed up with the user's offensive as well. Barring some organized TD runs where the Zondeel user's own offense is completely redundant and a couple other exceptions where they genuinely shouldn't do anything besides Zondeel, but this is obviously not the case in context.

1 isn't really the Zondeel user's fault though.

On an unrelated note, since it was brought up, pulling effects will work on some bosses if they're immobilized or otherwise stunned, like with a flipped Zeshrayda. This also applies to some enemies that are otherwise immune to suction.
    I think the reason OP is gettin' lashed is valid.

In an organized MPA his 2 & 3 are justified, where every player is generally expected to play off of one another and maximize their effectiveness based on each other's actions without redundancy.

In a pug though, most people are simply happy to see that anyone is using Zondeel, so it's rather a count your blessings effect more than it is try and criticize the user because they aren't using it in as aware a way that you'd like them to use it. The general impression is simply to work around the Zondeel because it's actually there.

^Are Zondeel users that rare on Ship 2 (assuming you're on that ship at all) when pugging? *Honest question since I'm on a different Ship*

Quote Originally Posted by Charmeleon View Post
    If you die to a mob in someone else's Zondeel, it's your own fault, not theirs. You should have been paying attention to what the mobs were doing before they all got sucked into that one spot. I've never heard of anything as ridiculous as "inexperienced Zondeel users" getting people killed.

Quote Originally Posted by Zipzo View Post
    In a pug though, most people are simply happy to see that anyone is using Zondeel, so it's rather a count your blessings effect more than it is try and criticize the user because they aren't using it in as aware a way that you'd like them to use it. The general impression is simply to work around the Zondeel because it's actually there.
    This is pretty much equivalent to putting Weak Bullets on Elder's thumbs and saying "at least there's a Weak Bullet", though.

I mean yeah at least there's Zondeel, but that's really no excuse for people to not even try to use it right.

@Agent Falco:

Frequently, on Ship 7, yes.

I didn't realize that Zondeel was a rarity on Ship 2. If that's the case then I can totally understand that just having a Zondeel-er around would be a God-Send... and like what Zipzo said, it's a "count your blessings" thing.

I've found more Ares weapons than the total of FOs and TEs using Zondeel in TD1 throughout my playtime in PUGs. I'm wondering if some of them even know spawn points or not, because they sure as hell will nuke other players' zondeel rather than doing it themselves.

Outside of TD EQs, there are plenty enough of zondeels around in S2.

It's not like you can really tell if you're pulling mobs away from other players anyway, given that a lot of the time monster positions aren't in sync across multiple players and are just done client-side. I've seen it a lot where enemies can even show up in completely different rooms for different players.

Besides, even if someone is trying to attack a particular monster, I personally think it's more important to have the enemies all in one place for all 12 players to attack them simultaneously, or just for me to destroy them instantly with my wand, instead of leaving them scattered just so that one guy can try to land his Over End on one enemy before it moves.
    Last edited by Rayden; Jun 26, 2015 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Evangelion X.XX View Post
    @Agent Falco:

Frequently, on Ship 7, yes.

I didn't realize that Zondeel was a rarity on Ship 2. If that's the case then I can totally understand that just having a Zondeel-er around would be a God-Send... and like what Zipzo said, it's a "count your blessings" thing.
    On 2, there's...some use in XHLQ. In SHLQ there's not much.

I think there's a mentality of wanting to nuke/kill more yourself rather than gathering mobs? Like in TD1, you'll fall down the ranking if you're the zondeel guy (unless the MPA can't kill at spawn point), maybe some people would rather see the points?

Honestly, I use or hang around Zondeel with the expectation of surviving through it.
    I don't think I'd use Limit Break + a close range weapon when dealing with Zondeel'd mobs.

If you're melee and feel it's a big enough issue, there are some things you can do from your side:
    - Get better units (Saiki is nice, and Gunne triggers are still readily available)
    - Up your stamina (900 - 1000+ HP seems nice) and have some blow resist (maybe 12%+)
    - Use long range melee weapons/PAs (eg. instead of Knuckles, try Partisan Speed Rain)
    - If you have to use weapons like Knuckles, try some knockdown/stun PAs (Slide Upper, Surprise Knuckle, Quake Howling)
    - If you're getting knocked down a lot, Massive Hunter can be of some use.
    - Have a Mag with HP A and keep it fed so that it'll likely heal you if you take a hit.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jun 26, 2015 at 09:34 PM.