Page 23 of 28 FirstFirst ... 1320212223242526 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kondibon View Post
    I could see someone being well known in the community while also preferring to play solo, and getting known for that.
    Pretty sure you mainly become "well known in the community" by being active in the chat and whatever, though. And since when did anyone actually give jackshit about others' preferences for solo running or lack thereof anyway...

Not like the game was exactly too hard for it or anything.

I get the feeling it's more of that weird urban legend player thing though... which is arguably less realistic.
    Don't think I know of ANY "MMO" themed animu whose take on the social side had anything to do with the reality of the thing, tbh.

I really doubt the ingame parts would be any good either simply because the game is real and there's a pretty good chance most players know more about the game than anime writers. There's a reason similar animu make up a game for it instead of using a real one.
    Outside of the game's story, they can play fast and loose with the rules of the game's universe as far as I'm concerned. If it leads to an interesting story, then fuck following the game to a T purist be damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Sizustar View Post
    Still doesn't look like Kirito
    Maybe it's just me then, or I've seen too much memes.

Quote Originally Posted by sesiom000 View Post
    Well one thing is for sure the PSO2 they play is not the same we play everyday, cause i dont see the Kawaii Lolis and the traps LOL!
    PSO2 without Lolis is not PSO2...

Hope they make a good anime and make the fans proud!

PS:death to the lolis!
    I wouldn't be surprise if there's at least 1 loli if not a guild that make it on screen somehow be it either background character or whatever.

EDIT: For the record I think he looks a bit like kirito too. Not enough that they're identical, but they have similar hairstyles and facial shapes. The eyes are the biggest difference. Honestly I'd chalk it up to them both being really generic looking, which may be intentional now that I think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by KLMS1 View Post
    Pretty sure you mainly become "well known in the community" by being active in the chat and whatever, though. And since when did anyone actually give jackshit about others' preferences for solo running or lack thereof anyway...
    You can play solo and still be social, or at least well known, in the lobby, on the forums, or via videos, which is what I was trying to say.

Also you could have a really noticable character. Which reminds me, has anyone ever MET Crazy Taxi?

Quote Originally Posted by KLMS1 View Post
    Don't think I know of ANY "MMO" themed animu whose take on the social side had anything to do with the reality of the thing, tbh.
    That was my point.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady3011 View Post
    Outside of the game's story, they can play fast and loose with the rules of the game's universe as far as I'm concerned. If it leads to an interesting story, then fuck following the game to a T purist be damn.
    Why even bother making it about the game then? 3:
    Last edited by Kondibon; Sep 19, 2015 at 05:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by strikerhunter View Post
    Maybe it's just me then, or I've seen too much memes.
    Well, it is the best anime.

Why even bother making it about the game then? 3:
    There can always be interesting things done with the universe of any media. Having it strictly adhere to all the rules of that universe just hinders the creative process.
    Last edited by Shady3011; Sep 19, 2015 at 05:58 PM.

EDIT: For the record I think he looks a bit like kirito too. Not enough that they're identical, but they have similar hairstyles and facial shapes. The eyes are the biggest difference. Honestly I'd chalk it up to them both being really generic looking, which may be intentional now that I think about it.
    Ofc it's intentional. That "generic male lead" design wouldn't be so common unless someone thought it sold well.
    Or at least was easy for the intented target audience to identify with.

You can play solo and still be social, or at least well known, in the lobby, on the forums, or via videos, which is what I was trying to say.

Also you could have a really noticable character.
    Well, sure - I dont think anyone even implied those things were somehow mutually exclusive. But all that amounts to is being recognisable to other regulars, and maybe being relatively widely known for some particular eccentricity (eg. always dressing up as Nyau or whatever) at best.

Not terribly difficult to achieve, that, and hardly what I would grace with the moniker "famous".

Plus if you actually *are* a consummate #foreveraloner people won't actually *see* you much outside random glimpses in the lobby and EQ/LQ MPAs... they might come to recognise the name and appereance perhaps, and maybe be left with the impression that you're decent in the game, but that's about it.

Not exactly a blueprint for everlasting fame that.

Which reminds me, has anyone ever MET Crazy Taxi?
    ...that's an old totally realistic and accurate vidya gaem about driving taxis, rite?

I will say that this feels like a waste of the source material. Having PSO2 be a game within the world is the laziest way they could have gone about adapting this. Then again, I hear the live action thing they did has an equally stupid story. Maybe Sega doesn't want them to do anything within the game's universe itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shady3011 View Post
    I will say that this feels like a waste of the source material. Having PSO2 be a game within the world is the laziest way they could have gone about adapting this. Then again, I hear the live action thing they did has an equally stupid story. Maybe Sega doesn't want them to do anything within the game's universe itself.
    I would think that doing something in-universe could lead to an issue where they write themselves into a corner that may be difficult to explain when later content is released. It could be done as a non-canon in-universe story to avoid any future story conflicts, but again, this is going to basically be an advertisement show, ala Gundam Build Fighters, so it would probably be easier from a writing standpoint to avoid that all together.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduril View Post
    I would think that doing something in-universe could lead to an issue where they write themselves into a corner that may be difficult to explain when later content is released. It could be done as a non-canon in-universe story to avoid any future story conflicts, but again, this is going to basically be an advertisement show, ala Gundam Build Fighters, so it would probably be easier from a writing standpoint to avoid that all together.
    Not like it'd be somehow obligatory to follow the game's plot. The ARKS area of operations is ludicrously vast, after all.
    Hell.
    You could easily have an entire series happen solely within the confines of the Fleet, or even a single ship for that matter; it's pretty much a roving collection of deep-space *cities*.
    Last edited by KLMS1; Sep 20, 2015 at 05:05 AM.

Because at the end of the day, the anime isn't to appease PSO2 fan, but to get new player interested in the game.

Similiar to how Gundam Build Fighter got people interested in Gunpla again.

By showing people playing the game, they want people to know first and foremost that it's a game.
    Sizustar Fo/Te 75/75 - Ship-2

Screenshot dump
    url]https://www.flickr.com/photos/118177547@N08/[/url]
    Drawing and junk Twitter https://twitter.com/Sizustar - please don't send blank request-