Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthcmc1974 View Post
    Ah I see. I just use 7Zip for everything, even RAR files. but WinRAR worked perfectly here.

As for my impressions... holy cow. Forest looked great, but this was awesome. The attention to detail, from the water dropping from the ceiling to the steam rising, was phenomenal. I'm not gonna harp on other things I noticed as I see others on reddit mentioned em, like enemy textures. But it's looking great. Kudos to you guys!
    Thanks, I'm really glad you liked it ^,^! The goal was to provide a higher quality level than Forest was while also having better performance. Yes I really liked the water dripping from the ceiling too. There are various other effects in the PSO caves that I've yet to add, such as the volumetric lighting that can be seen throughout caves which is sort of stylistic and various lava related particle effects.

However, this is more less what I picture Caves 01 being in future builds. I think our testing will be done within Caves too. Ahhh yes, well textures aren't something I have control over. I'm just a network programmer. None of this is in my realm of expertise and we don't have any artists in the group so we have to make use of what we can which in the cases of enemies are the PSOBB textures.

The Profound Duckness SuperCentipede's Avatar

Have you guys ever thought of making a spiritual successor to PSO instead of a plain remake?

I mean, do for PSO what Torchlight did for Diablo?

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

I think that's a really good idea. Many games nowadays are "Megaman-esque", and end up being neat on their own merit anyway while still giving the nostalgic satisfaction they started off with. If you can capture the magic of PSO, and be able to put your own spin on it, I think it will end up being a better game.