Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by RibbonSoft View Post
    This is debatable. There are only two RELIABLE sources of meseta in the game for non-premium users, and that is TACOs and extreme quests. My Shop is unreliable because it relies on RNG for a chance to even get a pass (needless to say I have never seen one).
    if you've never seen a shop pass, you're doing it wrong. it's easy to get 70 cubes per eq when magatsu pops up. he must have popped up at least a dozen times in the last month, that's a stack of cubes right there.

it takes 2 cube for 1000 fun. you can't honestly tell me that you tried cashing out 40 cubes and then scratched it and didn't get a single shop pass. free players can swim in shop passes whenever they feel like it.

if you want to talk about the rng screwing with people, i got 9 or 10 pairs of saiki legs before i got a single rear. getting shop passes is trivial.
    Last edited by reaper527; Jul 21, 2015 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post
    if you've never seen a shop pass, you're doing it wrong. it's easy to get 70 cubes per eq when magatsu pops up. he must have popped up at least a dozen times in the last month, that's a stack of cubes right there.

it takes 2 cube for 1000 fun. you can't honestly tell me that you tried cashing out 40 cubes and then scratched it and didn't get a single shop pass. free players can swim in shop passes whenever they feel like it.
    exactly this
    i've never had prem but got over 1 bil meseta just doing this
    no problems at all, just play a game

Quote Originally Posted by reaper527 View Post

if you want to talk about the rng screwing with people, i got 9 or 10 pairs of saiki legs before i got a single rear. getting shop passes is trivial.
    Nope, never seen one. I'm glad you're so lucky to get so many. Only lucky free players can swim in shop passes.

Please just stop spewing out generalizations you don't know are true or not based on personal experience.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    Please just stop spewing out generalizations you don't know are true or not based on personal experience.
    I do know what is true: that I have never gotten a shop pass from FUN and that it is RNG. I do not see why it is so hard to comprehend that.

I have really bad luck like RibbonSoft. So I just go Prem.

I don't have the time nor the friends to do the various orders on a regular basis. My meseta is always low. I would pay real money for meseta in a heartbeat. I think there has to be restrictions and limits naturally otherwise if you have the pockets for it, Enjoy.

Me personally I don't want bank breaking amounts. I just want enough to do my crafting/grinding/occasionally rare item buying from the player shops. A mil here. A mil there.

The only thing that frustrates me about PSO2 is you cannot just do something cool. Everything really entertaining/interesting has to be earned with hours of dedicated play. Every. Single. Thing.

I do not have a team. My chara is average in the general scheme of things. Being level 62 means it takes ages to level up barring EQ's. I don't think I am alone in my position. I think cash money for meseta is a right and fine thing. I am happy to put back into the economy of a game provided I get a rewarding experience. Fumbling about for chump change on the standard quests waiting for a lucrative EQ makes matters drawn out and occasionally frustrating.

Perhaps if I had a team, different class, and a more positive outlook I might not be so conscious of my meseta situation. I think if they restricted the 'Meseta For Money' to either limited amounts, only so many transactions per month or even an event every so often throughout the year. Then players like me can enjoy the experience all the more....

Or I am an idiot and there's some amazingly awesome way of making meseta under a tight timeframe.

Looking forward to an educational reply ��

Quote Originally Posted by RibbonSoft View Post

I have spent a maximum of 500k in one sitting, never spamming the same slot. No shop passes. Ever. Period. Used a ton of Excubes to do that too, quite a waste.
    hnnn
    500k FUN = one stack of cubes
    no shop passes

sounds kinda impossible but since it's rng it's indeed possible on paper.

i mean, i get at least one per 10k FUN you know. Your personal experience seems to be vast, vastly different from me and other players

do you perhaps play in SEA?
    they might tampers with rng there, not that i'd know
    Last edited by AmanoMai; Nov 21, 2015 at 10:54 PM.

uhh wow leave it to people to bump old threads but ill leave thi shere.. ac scratching imo is just a way to say you dont want to work for your meseta (aka farming for fodders co's knowing how the market actually works making fodders etc)

Why is Ribbonsoft still here? Still forced to post because there's no account close option?
    I've had plenty of times where I spent tons and tons of cubes and FUN and never got a shop pass.
    You just have to do it when the chance for a shop pass is higher, which I've explained before.

Anyway, on topic. This is how PSO2 handles things:
    Real money -> AC -> exclusive in-game AC items -> exchange for in-game money.
    In-game money can only be earned by players.
    In-game money = upgrading gear, trading for AC items, etc.

This is a snippet of how some other games handle things:
    Real money -> in-game money -> exchange for in-game items.
    More people spending real money -> raises prices.
    In-game money can be earned by playing, but at an extremely reduced rate = near pointless.
    Etc, etc.

I've played tons of other games where maybe 99% of the game are impossible to obtain unless you shell out huge amounts of real cash.
    I personally prefer how PSO2 handles it. It still has inflation issues, of course. But most things are easily affordable, which is great.
    There isn't an impossible strength gap between free players and paying players, either.
    The worst things that require real cash in PSO2 are probably mags and skill trees. I think those shouldn't require real money.

Also, don't forget that you can only put a certain number of items on sale at once.
    If you do scratch a lot, you'll have an excess of items you can't get rid of, so you'll have to reduce price if you want to clear inventory.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Nov 22, 2015 at 03:03 AM.

So it's about selling your item hauls in your own shop then...

Also it's about finding players you can interact with and trust. Basically if you solo most of your game time then you are going nowhere, slowly.

Not being nasty to RibbonSoft here but I am willing to bet he plays solo a lot of his time. As I do...

Yeah it's a lot better with friends/team then. Lol... Guess I better get sociable...