Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

We've already heard what's presumably the boss theme for the castle, too (The one used in Double teaser), and it really doesn't sound epic enough to be a Dark Falz fight when considering how intense the theme for Double's small form is by comparison (Used in the late August update preview).
    Last edited by Rakurai; Jul 17, 2015 at 10:48 PM.

So why did people think the castle wasn't DF Double again?

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Guys, the castle texture is literally named en_toy_dp_double. It's over, it is guaranteed that the castle is Double.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xaelouse View Post
    because this is the pso-world.com forums, where logic and evidence do not apply

Because it would be strange for them to show the Dark Falz before the darker boss prior to them.

Call me stubborn, but I'm still not completely convinced, despite what the datamining seems to indicate.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

There is absolutely nothing in the data, even now that seems to indicate that Dark Falz Double even has a phase 1. There is absolutely no data for a toy darker boss other than Double's two forms and the miniboss Colotta Edetta. To assume that they still haven't added the actual Dark Falz Double to the data yet would entail assuming that they would finish working on the NEXT Dark Falz(Abyss) before they finished working on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    Because it would be strange for them to show the Dark Falz before the darker boss prior to them.

Call me stubborn, but I'm still not completely convinced, despite what the datamining seems to indicate.
    They COULD also be changing things up.

Call me crazy for suggesting this, but in lieu of their casualization revamps lately, they may just opt to skip the Herald and go straight for the Falz.

My basis for this is the manner in which they seem to be rushing to complete each Episode - EP2 at least had four new areas (five if you count Sanctum), while EP1 had the most areas of any Episode.

Episode 3 had, what, 3 areas? And one of those doesn't really have a "boss" by our normal definition of it (IIRC, you said that Nepto+Rheo was more a miniboss).

Not only that, but if we go by prior patternization, Double's army is still not big enough in the boss depot to qualify. They only have one miniboss, whereas Elder and Loser had at least a boss/mini-boss prior their release (and FYI, Magatsu doesn't count - he's his own deal, from what I've seen).

It really looks as if they're in a rush to finish this Episode. Three new areas, one new "raid" (which had to be revamped before it became Falz-ish in nature), six new bosses (two of which are clumped in one fight effectively making them minibosses).... This has to be the smallest Episode in the game atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    There is absolutely nothing in the data, even now that seems to indicate that Dark Falz Double even has a phase 1. There is absolutely no data for a toy darker boss other than Double's two forms and the miniboss Colotta Edetta. To assume that they still haven't added the actual Dark Falz Double to the data yet would entail assuming that they would finish working on the NEXT Dark Falz(Abyss) before they finished working on this one.
    They could also just add the Herald itself later - assuming that the Castle IS actually DF Double. I mean, it wouldn't be the first time they pulled this shit (Magatsu comes to mind).
    Last edited by Renvalt; Jul 18, 2015 at 12:09 AM.

I suppose they could've just decided to just abolish their pattern of having two phase boss EQs for whatever reason.

In any case, I can't wait for the story quest with the Double fight to release in a little under two weeks from now, since that'll most likely put all and any doubts to rest, seeing as it appears to be the last story update before the Double EQ is released.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    I suppose they could've just decided to just abolish their pattern of having two phase boss EQs for whatever reason.

In any case, I can't wait for the story quest with the Double fight to release in a little under two weeks from now, since that'll most likely put all and any doubts to rest, seeing as it appears to be the last story update before the Double EQ is released.
    That's my theory. Smaller quantities of content, with more quality... though in this case, "quality" isn't something I'd use to describe what we've received.

No CG transformation, unlike Elder and Loser. No resemblance in any way to Double. Absolutely nothing flashy from the trailer when every trailer that revealed a Dark Falz showed off their most lethal attacks.

If that really was Dark Falz [Double], they just got the most dull, boring, uncreative reveal any Falz has been given. Can't explain the internal naming thing though, besides Double possibly referring to how it shifts forms, or a body double, as in fake/stand-in. Or it could just be an error on Mae's part.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    because this is the pso-world.com forums, where logic and evidence do not apply
    Oh this is just cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    There is absolutely nothing in the data, even now that seems to indicate that Dark Falz Double even has a phase 1.
    There's missing mobs for the Kuronia update, so I'm taking that with a grain of salt.

-Modified shoe guys
    -Toy darker cars
    -The various elemental centaur Kuronians

Probably more, didn't really pay much attention to the gameplay showcase.

---

Ah right, I should probably mention. There were no models in the prepatch as far as I could find. After looking at the textures for Abyss for a while, I've come to the conclusion that it has a skeleton motif, as most of its body parts (particularly evident in image 3 of the imgur link) resemble bones. From what I can tell of image 2 in the imgur link, which is the normal map, there's a face structure in the top left (leftmost, below another body part which for the life of me I cannot identify but looks like it has cylinders near the right end, wtf can that be), which has a very long curving extension of its head that runs below the cylinder body part, and four vertical eyes (the eyes are more obvious in images 1/4, but the face itself is much harder to see in those images). The face is something that gets mirrored so only the right (its left technically) is there. There's some other body parts but I think the face is most important to figure out.

All I can really say for sure is that Abyss is really macabre. If Sega pulls it off right it could live up to the story hype. At least as far as aesthetics go.
    Last edited by LonelyGaruga; Jul 18, 2015 at 12:47 AM.