Page 12 of 20 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast
    The Lone Gamer of the Apockalypse Zorak000's Avatar

if it is anything, it is "pay for a membership to get into VIP space to play with the people who are not horrible at the game without needing to log in 5 hours in advance"

I get team members without premium logging in 30 minutes before a major scheduled EQ and have to go to b23+. from there I have heard tales of failed phase 1 magatsu runs and loser runs that time out because nobody has weak bullet or mirage...

but that's really more that they really need a system to ensure all MPAs have the class skills required to finish in a timely manner *cough*weakbullet*cough*
    Last edited by Zorak000; Jul 21, 2015 at 03:05 PM.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

I'll be nicer than I was on the one article I saw on this a few days ago.

"Big Whoop!" in simplest terms is how I see it.
    I remember seeing videos of SEA a while back and was even considered trying it out when I heard about the IP problems with the JPN PSO2 servers.
    I remember trying to get on PSO2 when I just was able to log in a week or so earlier only to find out I was unable to get on... before finding ways to get on.

The font on SEA really bugged me. Names being way too small for the UI and the chatting area looked horrible.
    Didn't help when I heard about the "Wizards" with their magic which was a joke.
    I knew the game would've been way outdated and all too, but to make it worse is what I just saw on here that I didn't know of before...
    ...well no I heard about it actually last night, but no one went into full detail.
    I did hear the costumes had abilities on them just like how PSO2 JPN alpha did... but I do know they were removed from JPN servers when many did not like that.
    They go away after the next AC come up? So pretty much forcing you to get new costumes whether you hate how all of them look just so you can get the buff or be really outclassed?

And yeah, these guys have to be getting desperate as one of the articles I've read said. They said many people been leaving the servers since the blocking that the place at times seem deserted.
    Didn't help when I heard how the prices were to buy things in the shops on there too.. wait hang on did I hear before to BUY from the shop, just to buy, you needed to have premium?

I noticed one good thing on that version, people are actually very nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorak000 View Post
    if it is anything, it is "pay for a membership to get into VIP space to play with the people who are not horrible at the game without needing to log in 5 hours in advance"

I get team members without premium logging in 30 minutes before a major scheduled EQ and have to go to b23+. from there I have heard tales of failed phase 1 magatsu runs and loser runs that time out because nobody has weak bullet or mirage...

but that's really more that they really need a system to ensure all MPAs have the class skills required to finish in a timely manner *cough*weakbullet*cough*
    That's not true at all though. You find plenty of b1 players on the higher blocks. I've had way worse runs on b13 (or whatever the highest one is) lately than I've had on b23. It's all down to luck. Nowadays I just aim to get into a 21+ filled block. Currently as a premium I don't even try to get into the higher blocks, even if there is space.

Just a few days ago I ran through loser + elder without WB in sub 10 minutes, and today with wb it took way longer than that.

Quote Originally Posted by dingophone View Post
    But PSO2 JP isn't pay to win?
    But aren't the SEA servers pay2win?

This pay2win term is new to me...but according to other people, PSO2 JP is essentially pay to make your life easier (and faster).

Now say there is a 12* weapon that you just can't seem to get to drop. You can get that from a player with some ark cash, any 12* weapon, and meseta, correct? This is regarded as pay to make your life easier....but I just see it as another form of pay2win.

Keep in mind, this was something we could freely do once we paid our membership dues in PSU without all the extra baggage. But with PSO2, they can continuously collect scraps from people that choose to go down the "easy" route. I'm sure all the meseta buyers are having a ball with PSO2....minimum work and maximum rewards.

Basically, I rather pay $10-15 per month and get all features with no pay walls. They kind of have that with the monthly premium package (which I plan on buying) but of course..there are additional options to "enhance" your experience.
    Last edited by neilp4453; Jul 21, 2015 at 07:27 PM.
    GT: X xi ReaveR x X

Quote Originally Posted by neilp4453 View Post

This pay2win term is new to me...but according to other people, PSO2 JP is essentially pay to make your life easier (and faster).
    and to make you look cuter or badass.
    "The game is still delayed. SEGA is currently working on bringing PSO2 to the West and will update as soon as we know more." -Sega.

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyHeaven View Post
    That's not true at all though. You find plenty of b1 players on the higher blocks. I've had way worse runs on b13 (or whatever the highest one is) lately than I've had on b23. It's all down to luck. Nowadays I just aim to get into a 21+ filled block. Currently as a premium I don't even try to get into the higher blocks, even if there is space.

Just a few days ago I ran through loser + elder without WB in sub 10 minutes, and today with wb it took way longer than that.
    i usually get better luck in b14 so idk

Haven't read the whole thread, but what ship are PSO-World and the US/EU on? What's the equivalent of Ship 2, basically?

Quote Originally Posted by Nulve View Post
    Haven't read the whole thread, but what ship are PSO-World and the US/EU on? What's the equivalent of Ship 2, basically?
    I've seen streams for the other ship and can say in both the majority is English speaking players in general. There's only 2 ships in SEA here's a quick video just now from 2:

Jack - Ship 2 - Killer Panda

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by neilp4453 View Post

Now say there is a 12* weapon that you just can't seem to get to drop. You can get that from a player with some ark cash, any 12* weapon, and meseta, correct? This is regarded as pay to make your life easier....but I just see it as another form of pay2win.

Keep in mind, this was something we could freely do once we paid our membership dues in PSU without all the extra baggage. But with PSO2, they can continuously collect scraps from people that choose to go down the "easy" route. I'm sure all the meseta buyers are having a ball with PSO2....minimum work and maximum rewards.

Basically, I rather pay $10-15 per month and get all features with no pay walls. They kind of have that with the monthly premium package (which I plan on buying) but of course..there are additional options to "enhance" your experience.
    Only way you can get that 12* from someone though is if you're willing to sacrifice a 12* to turn it into a ticket.
    Then again you get 3 tickets if you run the LQ a few times, so even then for the time being anyone can get 3 free 12*s without a problem if they got the meseta.
    That's not a pay2win in my case. More of a Pay4convinience.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAngel92 View Post
    and to make you look cuter or badass.
    Can buy all those with meseta too though.