Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Critical hits don't do anything for Bo/Fi. That being said, Immortal Dove jump canceling, PBF tech canceling, and jet boots in general are better done as Bo/Fi. Bo/Fi in general is a better class than Bo/Hu.

Yeah but fi stances are too situational. They only really work in solo cause you usually have enemy attention (but not always, darker <>native aggro is far higher than even using warcry).
    And if you don't have aggro and there are several enemies, getting on the right side is extremely unreliable, thus even if your burst damage may be higher than using hu, your long time damage is much lower.

Fi doesn't do much as melee subclass unless you are hu main. Cause it's all about LB anyway and if you don't use it, no point in using fi.

Hu sub means fury stance (stronger than Brave Stance and Wise Stance is even more situational) as well as a lot of survivability.
    Strike Switch you need cause Fury does not boost t-atk but boots use that by default.

Also, how does tech canceling work better with fi sub instead of hu sub?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryu Soma View Post
    Hu sub means fury stance (stronger than Brave Stance)
    Fury Stance level 10: 120% striking
    Fury Up 1+2 level 5: 105%*105%*=110.25%
    Net bonus: 132.3% striking. And the boost is Striking, not S-atk

Brave Stance level 10: 125% to all damage
    Brave Stance up level 10: 120%

I don't even need to use math here. Hell, even if you included fury combo, it would STILL be weaker.

Maybe because losing 33.1% damage is a bad idea?
    Last edited by Espri; Jul 21, 2015 at 04:44 AM.

Yeah but fi stances are too situational. They only really work in solo cause you usually have enemy attention (but not always, darker <>native aggro is far higher than even using warcry).
    And if you don't have aggro and there are several enemies, getting on the right side is extremely unreliable, thus even if your burst damage may be higher than using hu, your long time damage is much lower.

Fi doesn't do much as melee subclass unless you are hu main. Cause it's all about LB anyway and if you don't use it, no point in using fi.

Hu sub means fury stance (stronger than Brave Stance and Wise Stance is even more situational) as well as a lot of survivability.
    Strike Switch you need cause Fury does not boost t-atk but boots use that by default.

Tech cancel's been covered but honestly if the stances were so bad no one would bother with Fi/Hu or Fi/Bo or apparently Katana Fi/Br nowadays, and Add Class Fighter wouldn't be so ridiculously priced. LB has a smaller contribution to damage than Brave Stance mind you.

Fury even with Fury Combo is weaker than Brave too though, where did you get the math for that?

Photon fever... nuff said.

Techer is much closer to FOmar than Bouncer is. I'd say Bouncer is more like HUmar or HUnewearl.

Quote Originally Posted by Selphea View Post
    Tech cancel's been covered but honestly if the stances were so bad no one would bother with Fi/Hu or Fi/Bo or apparently Katana Fi/Br nowadays, and Add Class Fighter wouldn't be so ridiculously priced. LB has a smaller contribution to damage than Brave Stance mind you.

Fury even with Fury Combo is weaker than Brave too though, where did you get the math for that?
    We're talking about sub, not main.

And really, if you don't inculde all boosts it's obvious that the math is skewed.
    Fi can technically get more damage but as I said, it's very situational and unreliable.
    When you see fi vids it's big damage only in very predictable situations like tacos or solo bosses. But when you see videos of EQs the damage isn't really that amazing anymore. Kinda obvious when so often you don't get the stance boost cause you're on the wrong side.
    I'm seeing a lot of people putting not damage much lower than they like because focus so much on burst damage and numbers that they forget the way you play is important. Everytime you dodge you don't do dmg. Everytime an enemy is on the wrong side of a fi stance you lose a lot of damage. Every time you get interrupted when setting up burst damage, you don't do it and just waste time.

Quote Originally Posted by LonelyGaruga View Post
    Immortal Dove jump canceling
    can you explain this to me?

Immortal Dove executes faster in the air than it does on the ground. You can interrupt the cooldown by jumping faster than performing another Immortal Dove, so the best DPS with it is to treat it like Gekka-zakuro. Example with Niren Orochi on Vol/Quartz/Ex.

We're talking about sub, not main.

And really, if you don't inculde all boosts it's obvious that the math is skewed.
    Fi can technically get more damage but as I said, it's very situational and unreliable.
    When you see fi vids it's big damage only in very predictable situations like tacos or solo bosses. But when you see videos of EQs the damage isn't really that amazing anymore. Kinda obvious when so often you don't get the stance boost cause you're on the wrong side.
    I'm seeing a lot of people putting not damage much lower than they like because focus so much on burst damage and numbers that they forget the way you play is important. Everytime you dodge you don't do dmg. Everytime an enemy is on the wrong side of a fi stance you lose a lot of damage. Every time you get interrupted when setting up burst damage, you don't do it and just waste time.
    Video of EQ:

Spoiler!

Seems consistent to me, except for the few seconds where I derped.

But how do you get interrupted as Bo? Practically every attack has super armor. And then there's the question of role too. If a Te is around, the Te should be the one that engages mobs, as a Bo you'll be the one that does DPS when everything is Zondeeled, and usually facing the Techer, and the Techer likely won't pull from behind. If there's no Te around, -you- should be the one that engages as Bo, so everything should be facing you. There shouldn't be much messy forward/backward issues except in very bad TD pugs.

P.S. don't ask for an LQ vid. I don't play LQ as Bo/Fi. Ironically I do find Bo/Fi very conditional, not because of Fi but because of Bo. There's like, four element weaknesses in there and they mix a lot. Bo can't really afford to lose Ele Stance because its AoEs are comparatively weak as-is, and that's where I felt I was losing more damage than Fi. I'm actually still running the LQ, but as Lightning Fo/Fi to level Force for the upcoming Class Boost.

Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    can you explain this to me?
    I thought you were all over Tiger Knee Gekka/Dove!
    Last edited by Selphea; Jul 21, 2015 at 06:46 PM.