Default Need help for quick suggestion!

Hello! Need some help!

So basically, i was wondering since i'm pretty new to the game in general, but i wanted to use a double saber since its my favorite weapon but what class/race would be best to wield a double-saber?

Since i'm new i don't know if it matters or not just wondering and seeking help! O:
    I wanted to be a Male Human but is that such a good idea?

Thanks in advance!

Base stats are pretty much the same for all races, with the biggest difference being a mere 35 S-ATK for a Fighter, but if you must min-max, Male Dewmans have the highest S-ATK (535 vs a male Human at 520). For double saber, you have to be a Fighter (main class for access to all Double Sabers, or sub-classed for multi-class ones), otherwise you can't use the PAs for them.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jul 20, 2015 at 10:30 PM.

So you're saying i should be a Male Dewman and a fighter?
    I've played Phantasy Star Universe but im not familiar too much with S-ATK and all of those is there a page where i can find info on everyone of them?

I'ts been so long since i've touched this now so i forgot mostly everything

S-ATK is the stat that is used for melee weapons (R-ATK is for ranged weapons, T-ATK is for Techs and Jet Boots, DEX reduces damage variance with 1*-6* and crafted weapons, and S-DEF, R-DEF, and T-DEF reduce damage from the respective types of attack).

Again, if you want to min-max you could go with a male Dewman, but it isn't necessary since the ~15 S-ATK difference between a male Dewman and male Human can be negligible, so it's mostly just pick what you want.

But yes, you must have Fighter as either your main or subclass to use double sabers. While there are some you can equip when you aren't a Fighter, you can't use the PAs for them if you aren't a Fighter in some capacity.
    Last edited by Anduril; Jul 20, 2015 at 10:46 PM.

I appreciate this a lot thank you! is there a page to find more information on those S-ATK? or whatever those things are called? attributes?