Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

long range gunner = better play other class

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosAngel92 View Post
    An in-game friend of mine used the analogy of Glass Cannon (too powerful and fragile) to describe the combination mentioned above. All my characters happen to be Dewmans, and I have one dedicated to ranged classes (Ra and Gu). I was kinda wondering I should give up on Gu/Ra on my dewman, since I have indeed experienced the glass cannon effect. I just can't imagine how difficult must get to survive on higher difficulties.
    Now if you quite like gunner a lot, but the idea of dying from making an evasive error bothers you, then why not go GU/HU? I decided to do this recently after coming back from a break, and honestly I can't be any more happy. The game always felt like it was throwing damage at me and impeding me from trying damage set ups and what not. Automate half-line and Massive hunter will make sure you're never bothered, or even scared to approach a boss. I went back to GU/RA today for a bit, and to be honest I didn't notice much of a difference in damage at all. About the only thing RA is good for is WB, and to be a mobile, close ranged class like Gunner, then go full 180 and play a super long ranged class absolutely KILLS the mood for me.

Especially now that Bullet Squall is craft-able GU/HU just feels amazing, and I am not punished severely by making a skill error. Try it out.

I have full Fahren set uncrafted with Leopard Soul/ShootIII/StamIII/Stam Boost. Giving me a total of 1337 HP. I have no need for PP thanks to showtime, and if I feel I need a bit more I go for the Photon Drink. 175 PP max, and 1337 HP (1600 Buffed).

I've also got the 13 Star Slave Mech at Potential 1 and +10. Haven't re affixed them, because honestly I feel my stats are just fine right now.

First time in a while the game has felt more fun and less stressful.

-EDIT- Also lemme just say how awesome automate half-line is. At 1337 HP and 10 Di/Tri mates you basically have 26k HP. It's crazy.
    Last edited by Cortte; Aug 2, 2015 at 04:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cortte View Post
    Now if you quite like gunner a lot, but the idea of dying from making an evasive error bothers you, then why not go GU/HU? I decided to do this recently after coming back from a break, and honestly I can't be any more happy. The game always felt like it was throwing damage at me and impeding me from trying damage set ups and what not. Automate half-line and Massive hunter will make sure you're never bothered, or even scared to approach a boss. I went back to GU/RA today for a bit, and to be honest I didn't notice much of a difference in damage at all. About the only thing RA is good for is WB, and to be a mobile, close ranged class like Gunner, then go full 180 and play a super long ranged class absolutely KILLS the mood for me.

Especially now that Bullet Squall is craft-able GU/HU just feels amazing, and I am not punished severely by making a skill error. Try it out.

I have full Fahren set uncrafted with Leopard Soul/ShootIII/StamIII/Stam Boost. Giving me a total of 1337 HP. I have no need for PP thanks to showtime, and if I feel I need a bit more I go for the Photon Drink. 175 PP max, and 1337 HP (1600 Buffed).

I've also got the 13 Star Slave Mech at Potential 1 and +10. Haven't re affixed them, because honestly I feel my stats are just fine right now.

First time in a while the game has felt more fun and less stressful.

-EDIT- Also lemme just say how awesome automate half-line is. At 1337 HP and 10 Di/Tri mates you basically have 26k HP. It's crazy.
    i still play gu/hu too with evil TMG from sai
    i think 1337 hp is too much, you should add more r-atk
    because with gu/hu you can add to massive hunter and resist skills that make you much tanky