Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by infiniteeverlasting View Post
    you put zero effort into your gear

Are you even playing this game???
    I doubt I could even get towards level 73 if I wasn't? Thought I guess the worse part is I'm still the better out of my group of friends as I'm the only one who's even gotten any weapon towards +10 even once, as they kinda just accept +5 or +7's and then don't even attempt to make them better. I kinda knew coming here, my situation wasn't going to be a very positive one at that, but with things as they are now, we really can't do anything higher then VH/SH stuff it seems like, s I wanted to look into how to improve that status. I guess you could say thought that we've not really had any real guides or the like given the nature of the game? We've been primarily playing and just figuring stuff out as we went.

Quote Originally Posted by lipucd View Post
    I doubt I could even get towards level 73 if I wasn't? Thought I guess the worse part is I'm still the better out of my group of friends as I'm the only one who's even gotten any weapon towards +10 even once, as they kinda just accept +5 or +7's and then don't even attempt to make them better. I kinda knew coming here, my situation wasn't going to be a very positive one at that, but with things as they are now, we really can't do anything higher then VH/SH stuff it seems like, s I wanted to look into how to improve that status. I guess you could say thought that we've not really had any real guides or the like given the nature of the game? We've been primarily playing and just figuring stuff out as we went.
    my god....

I don't think you understand that the skill cap in this game is very low. Being skilled in this game doesnt mean shit cuz nearly anyone can be "skilled" in this game.

PSO2 is 90% about gear. The whole game is based around gear. You'd hafto be playing this game blindfolded not to notice that by now.

check out my website below
    http://frewinhu.weebly.com/

my god....

I don't think you understand that the skill cap in this game is very low. Being skilled in this game doesnt mean shit cuz nearly anyone can be "skilled" in this game.

PSO2 is 90% about gear. The whole game is based around gear. You'd hafto be playing this game blindfolded not to notice that by now.
    Well yes, it's kinda been easily pushed onto us that we 'should' be getting 13*'s and the like, given it is a heavy gear based game and all. Beyond the Rarity thought nothing's directly really told us to worry about anything else per say, including with all of the high risk/low 'direct' reward stuff like trying to add property ( the fact that I've done this towards a few weapons in the past that had 3-4...and then came back with only 1-2... ), and grinding ( pretty much locked at around +7 give or take depending on when the cash or grinders ran dry, or willingness to keep burning funds for no results ) that does more to shoo you away then encouraging you to do it.

Sadly getting those 13*'s is pretty much rolling the dice with 1 in 10,000 odds. Challenge mode doesn't seem like an option as every group I've joined in ether disbanded before Area 1 was even half done, or by the time we reached Area 2. I've had maybe one run that went 'good' and never seen that again. Trying to get these XH crystals to trade in for the slave's too isn't an option if I can't fight XH stuff in the first place, making it a 'catch 22'. The best I can do is just keep mindlessly doing the LQ, and hope I might see enough gold badges to redeem for the 13* fist. Given I sit at 84 thought after this long of doing it, I don't quite see this being a possible outcome ether admittedly...

So that's why I came here, to ask for help and guidance.

Are you screwed, OP? No. But your character needs a lot of work. Fortunately that work is relatively low effort, so let's begin:

Weapons

A lot of emergency quests nowadays drop usable decent 11*s. Dual Falz combo, Magatsu second phase, all that rot. Make sure to participate in them.

You want your weapons to be 50 element and grinded to +10. That 50 element helps a lot but you can't always help it (especially if it's a 11* weapon and you do not have another for element grinding), but +10 is mandatory. If your weapons are below 10* (such as the neiclaw), craft them. Level 1 crafts are a no brainer with no resources required. Crafted weapons have bigger damage variance but as a crit fighter it doesn't matter.

Units

Sieg set. There are much better 11* sets out there, such as Saiki set, but until you get them? Sieg set. It's zero effort to get. Google for a guide if you have trouble.

Grinding

Grinding sucks and is highly random. Welcome to PSO2. We're all here.

The higher level an item, the harder it is to grind. Using risk reduction items on 9*s and below is a waste. Just brute force your way through them. Risk reduction items might be useful for 10*s on +7 and above. They are definitely useful for 11*s.

And yes, grinding will hurt your wallet. Make sure you have enough meseta to leave Dudu's counter with a +10 weapon or else you will be gimped trying to earn more meseta to change it. Get ready for horror situations where you blow expensive +2 risk reductions and +10/20% grind chance increase items, and still get a failure while Dudu laughs at you.

Once again, we've all been there.

Affixing

The bare minimum of competent affixing is an appropriate soul + some attack 3 (for fi it's power III) + spirita or stamina III. The soul being what boosts the other two affixes. This is cheap to affix, but by cheap I mean it will still cost you 600k or so.

Make sure to affix your units before your weapons, because units are equipped all the time while you switch weapons around.

Skills

Your tree is pretty good. Automate AND Iron Will is a bit too much in my opinion, but that's your choice. Automate Halfline is not too useful for limit break fighters anyway.

Get that PP Slayer max out. If you are low on skill points - put them off Halfline Slayer. It's a mediocre skill at best, I never put more than 4 SP on it (for Crazy Beat).

How to get meseta

Dailies, TACOs. You said you have 500k. With daily quests, most players earn that in a day.

It's hard to achieve anything without level appropriate gear, but I also saw a lot of people with good gear but bad skill who were dragging everyone else down.

OP, I suggest you ignore this person. They didn't say anything constructive ("you suck" is not constructive) and I don't see it changing.

Well I hate to say it but this thread has been horrible so far. The TS clearly wants to get better and apart from a few people offering positive advice all I've seen is a bunch of smug ass wannabe leet asshats admonishing him for it without even offering any advice on how to go about what they suggested... Not cool guys, not cool...

Seems to me the main issue you guys have is funds and there's 2 ways to fix this. Klotho's weekly TA and Extreme Quest CO's, and daily's in SH upwards. Check out youtube for the guides on how to run TA as it sounds like it would be better for you to get this stuff done with your buddies so they get a cash injection too. Good news with TA is you only need to run one super hard(most do naberius 1/2 or sanctum), Vopar can be done on normal and the rest Vhard for the full cash. As for extreme as long as your all Lv50+ then you could just spam 5 runs of floor 1 which is simples for anyone even solo. Thats 2 million a week right there.

Once you have a cash injection I suggest you look at Armour as your units give the biggest boost to stats, pick a set of Armour with a good set effect, blitz has 60 strike for the set and can be bought by freemium users for very little, get them +10 (far easier than wep grinding) and crafted to at least lv3 with a pp(10 per unit) or hp craft(100 per unit) then you need to affix these to 60+ attack per unit at a bare minimum as its easy as hell to 2 slot soul + power 3 that's another 240 attack right there. Once that's sorted look into Saiki/Brisa set or an extreme quest set.

Affix guide - http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/01/06/pso2-affixing-101/

Once that's done turn your eyes to weapons, as mentioned earlier in the thread you want to 50% ele and at least +10 them if not +40 for the latent ability. If you have premium set then buy 11*/12* otherwise pick a low rarity wep with a great latent, always look for ones they either boost particular PA's damage or have a general boost of 10%+ if possible. The trick to grinding is to use grind protects from available in FUN scratch +6/+7/+8 depending on preference as the ability to fail and not drop grinds is very very important at not losing your will to live. And if dudu/monica is having a hard time go see the other one.

As for places to farm for weapons I highly suggest once LQ is gone you try Advanced Quests, there's a fair amount of weps that would be useful to players leveling their first class+sub as well as the fact that there's a bunch of 12* weps (Live Series) which can be acquired by collecting the large pyroxenes that drop in these quests which in turn can be shown to Zeig to earn some very nice Falz drop 12*s *(one per account) These quests are brilliant for leveling up and you can usually find some units with decent affixes which can be sold on. you can even turn the live weps into 12* passes if you like.

In the mean time do any and all tower defense EQ's, dual Falz and Magatsu. Ideally with 250% rare drop as this will get you a supply of excubes to buy more rare drop 250% tickets. Soon enough the supply will far outstrip the use of cubes and a stockpile will be born which can be used for 30% grind/ affix boosters.

As for the comments regarding skill vs equip, yes it does help but generally speaking I regularly watch well equipped players playing like utter trash as they have not mastered their class. being 75/75 with a good skill tree and nice equips does not a good player make. The truly good players are a rare breed that wouldn't visit the popular blocks on any ship cos they're too busy doing double fast runs of whatever is going on in a quiet block away from the randomness of the popular blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by lipucd View Post
    Well yes, it's kinda been easily pushed onto us that we 'should' be getting 13*'s and the like, given it is a heavy gear based game and all. Beyond the Rarity thought nothing's directly really told us to worry about anything else per say, including with all of the high risk/low 'direct' reward stuff like trying to add property ( the fact that I've done this towards a few weapons in the past that had 3-4...and then came back with only 1-2... ), and grinding ( pretty much locked at around +7 give or take depending on when the cash or grinders ran dry, or willingness to keep burning funds for no results ) that does more to shoo you away then encouraging you to do it.

Sadly getting those 13*'s is pretty much rolling the dice with 1 in 10,000 odds. Challenge mode doesn't seem like an option as every group I've joined in ether disbanded before Area 1 was even half done, or by the time we reached Area 2. I've had maybe one run that went 'good' and never seen that again. Trying to get these XH crystals to trade in for the slave's too isn't an option if I can't fight XH stuff in the first place, making it a 'catch 22'. The best I can do is just keep mindlessly doing the LQ, and hope I might see enough gold badges to redeem for the 13* fist. Given I sit at 84 thought after this long of doing it, I don't quite see this being a possible outcome ether admittedly...

So that's why I came here, to ask for help and guidance.
    who said you need 13 stars kid. You know you could survive with even 10 stars in XH fine. if you havent gotten your first 10 star by now you're just a liar.

Quote Originally Posted by Halikus View Post
    Well I hate to say it but this thread has been horrible so far. The TS clearly wants to get better and apart from a few people offering positive advice all I've seen is a bunch of smug ass wannabe leet asshats admonishing him for it without even offering any advice on how to go about what they suggested... Not cool guys, not cool...

Seems to me the main issue you guys have is funds and there's 2 ways to fix this. Klotho's weekly TA and Extreme Quest CO's, and daily's in SH upwards. Check out youtube for the guides on how to run TA as it sounds like it would be better for you to get this stuff done with your buddies so they get a cash injection too. Good news with TA is you only need to run one super hard(most do naberius 1/2 or sanctum), Vopar can be done on normal and the rest Vhard for the full cash. As for extreme as long as your all Lv50+ then you could just spam 5 runs of floor 1 which is simples for anyone even solo. Thats 2 million a week right there.

Once you have a cash injection I suggest you look at Armour as your units give the biggest boost to stats, pick a set of Armour with a good set effect, blitz has 60 strike for the set and can be bought by freemium users for very little, get them +10 (far easier than wep grinding) and crafted to at least lv3 with a pp(10 per unit) or hp craft(100 per unit) then you need to affix these to 60+ attack per unit at a bare minimum as its easy as hell to 2 slot soul + power 3 that's another 240 attack right there. Once that's sorted look into Saiki/Brisa set or an extreme quest set.

Affix guide - http://www.fulldive.nu/2015/01/06/pso2-affixing-101/

Once that's done turn your eyes to weapons, as mentioned earlier in the thread you want to 50% ele and at least +10 them if not +40 for the latent ability. If you have premium set then buy 11*/12* otherwise pick a low rarity wep with a great latent, always look for ones they either boost particular PA's damage or have a general boost of 10%+ if possible. The trick to grinding is to use grind protects from available in FUN scratch +6/+7/+8 depending on preference as the ability to fail and not drop grinds is very very important at not losing your will to live. And if dudu/monica is having a hard time go see the other one.

As for places to farm for weapons I highly suggest once LQ is gone you try Advanced Quests, there's a fair amount of weps that would be useful to players leveling their first class+sub as well as the fact that there's a bunch of 12* weps (Live Series) which can be acquired by collecting the large pyroxenes that drop in these quests which in turn can be shown to Zeig to earn some very nice Falz drop 12*s *(one per account) These quests are brilliant for leveling up and you can usually find some units with decent affixes which can be sold on. you can even turn the live weps into 12* passes if you like.

In the mean time do any and all tower defense EQ's, dual Falz and Magatsu. Ideally with 250% rare drop as this will get you a supply of excubes to buy more rare drop 250% tickets. Soon enough the supply will far outstrip the use of cubes and a stockpile will be born which can be used for 30% grind/ affix boosters.

As for the comments regarding skill vs equip, yes it does help but generally speaking I regularly watch well equipped players playing like utter trash as they have not mastered their class. being 75/75 with a good skill tree and nice equips does not a good player make. The truly good players are a rare breed that wouldn't visit the popular blocks on any ship cos they're too busy doing double fast runs of whatever is going on in a quiet block away from the randomness of the popular blocks.
    more like this kid's asking for attention; "i'm the best in my little circle of boyfriends, come look at how skilled i am!"

^Then why is he asking for help to get better ?
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Quote Originally Posted by TehCubey View Post
    Are you screwed, OP? No. But your character needs a lot of work...

Thanks a ton for all of this info! A few questions though.

For Crafting, I noticed if I attempt to do it with an 'All Class' weapon, or multi-class weapon ( Like the NeiClaws ) they lose that option, and as such, as a Figher main I wouldn't be able to use them anymore anyway. Apparently there's an item I can use to change this doing the crafting process, but for Fighters it seems like that's going to be 40mil a pop. Is that still worth it then? or am I better off just dropping that weapon style all together till I can obtain better? ( like the 12* wired lances )

Sieg is the set you get from Zieg right? I'll have to look up a guide somewhere then as I'm still locked at his "Beginner" quest I guess? He wants me to show him weapons I can't currently obtain, and otherwise he just keeps wanting me to craft stuff repeatedly. I've been doing the desynth one a ton for the basic Craftman seals thought if that means much?

So PP Slayer really is that important? Then I'll lower halfline slayer. I thought it would be more important for the stable boost then the boost that might take effect if I have less then 50pp. Sadly I do KINDA need the Automate and Iron Will. I don't limit break 24/7 ( I would end up failing so many missions then... ), normaly just when a boss get's a stun for that extra DPS ordeal. If there's a better way to play it thought, I wouldn't mind seeing such! Inclduing when I get hit, even with this armor at +10 per part, I still lose somewhere between 700-900 hp, so if not for automate, I would pretty much be iron will or bust...

Quote Originally Posted by Halikus View Post
    Seems to me the main issue you guys have is funds...
    So, OK, "affixing" IS just Ability grinding? Why is it called Affixing then if the game never once calls it such? Still, thanks for the guide, even if I can't really quite make heads nor tails of it ATM.

Still, thanks for the tip for the Blitz set if nothing else, for armor thus far all me and my friends HAVE been worrying over is the defense values and the set bonus, and kinda taking ability as they come due towards our horrible luck with them ( one friend ended up with an entire set with zero ability on them on an attempt to do 3, so we all kinda panicked and voted to just ignore it ).

Are Advanced quest worth it? with how expensive the capsules are and the like, we've just not viewed it as worthwhile vs the cost ourselfs, but if that's so, guess that's something else to look into!

Yeah, I do all of the event's when they come up as able. I've 'tried' to do XH Falz/Loser, but every time the team just goes from 12/12 towards like 7/12 or 4/12 in VERY short order doing loser, and when I try to join another team, we never fill back to 12/12 and people rather disband at that point. So I've been forced to just do it under SH for now I guess, even if the drops are worse overall. Same with the Base Defense, as I tend to die too much, and even basic grunts take me too much to kill, so all I can do is run around grabbing crystals, and it's not long before all the towers are nuked. On despair at least I can use an AIS if things go badly, but the other two I'm just kind SOL if I drag the team down.

Still, thanks a ton both of youffor the support and help, really sounds like I should for the moment focus on making money, more less get Zieg's obtuse questline done.

more like this kid's asking for attention; "i'm the best in my little circle of boyfriends, come look at how skilled i am!"
    Less for attention, more for the fact that I'm the one giving my friends pointers, tips, and guidance. Admittedly, that's kinda hard to do when you yourself aren't doing to well. I'm not too sure why you seem to hate me so much, and why you've got to make rather blanket remarks when I've done nor said anything to suggest I'm somehow better then anyone here, as I good as well know I'm not.
    Last edited by lipucd; Jul 24, 2015 at 09:24 AM.

I think the most important thing people need to realize about PSO2 is, because it's a free to play game, they intentionally try to trick people into making irreversible mistakes, such as wasting resources to get shit gear or putting points into the wrong skills/mag stats.
    "Wanna fix your mistakes? Give us yer money! Sucker."

That Xie 11 star unit set is a good example of tricking people.
    They know people are going to be rushing because it's a limited time exchange.
    I wonder how many people got pissed and threw money at the game to make up for the time wasted earning those.
    It's all intentional. They probably rake in the biggest money from people who don't bother to do research before doing anything.
    PSO2 is a game that very much requires lots of outside research because the game intentionally conceals and obfuscates information.
    You should generally research as much as you can before doing anything, because the game can and will punish you for not doing so.

Anyway, if you log in every day, you get a Casino Coin = 100 coins.
    A lot of stuff is designed to encourage people to just log in every day.
    I have hundreds of exchangeable coins sitting in storage, and still 20000+ coins on every account.

They just boosted all Casino earn rates, not to mention this week's Casino boosting events on top of that.
    Plus it's not difficult to earn coins via Blacknyack or Mesetan Shooter. Just takes time.

I really wish they'd put Blacknyack on PSO2es so people can play it when they're not at home.
    The other minigames would be nice, too.

A few quick responses to your questions:
    There's a guide in this forum on how to do Zieg's quests. Too lazy to get it for you because my arms are hurting and I'm starving to death.
    Edit: Had a quick look and can't find it. It might be linked off my Class/Weapon FAQ but I'm too lazy to check and I don't remember.

If you get strong enough to do EQs properly, tons of amazing stuff will drop from XH. But you're still gonna need meseta to grind 'em.
    If you are short on cash, what you should do is focus on being the strongest at one weapon. It's cheaper that way.
    This generally applies to all these progression games. Get strong quickly (focus, don't try to do too many things at once), then reap in the rewards at maximum level.
    After you get rich enough from max level goodies, go back and do everything else up.

Also, note that in PSO2 you should also focus on a subclass at the same time. Apparently, there are lots of people who don't have a subclass.
    What I do is, get EXP by playing main class, and turn in high level EXP orders on main (ie. no EXP penalty).
    For sub, all the low level EXP orders. That way, I'm gaining maximum EXP.

Affixing is "nouryoku tsuika" in Japanese, which means something along the lines of "attach ability".
    I wouldn't call it ability grinding because it doesn't use grinders, and it doesn't involve "grinding" EXP.

Personally, I hate Advance Quest, but they keep increasing the incentives to do them.

And I don't think you were asking for attention.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Jul 24, 2015 at 10:52 AM.