Default Class Combo and Build for Double Sabers?

I gotta be honest. I really REALLY dislike the FI tree in this game. I love all the weapons, but the tree sucks so badly IMO. I am determined to play with Double Saber though since maxing out all of my ranged based classes. What is a good build and class combo for someone going Double Saber?

EDIT: To be more specific I am generally a bossing build type of player, as mobs drop like flies anyway. So a boss hunting build is what I prefer.

Fi/Bo can get 100% crit chance, supplemented with crafted doublesaber rainbow to make use of Craft Mastery and Elemental Stance. It's so meta
    Known as Niem on Ship 2.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by GoldenFalcon View Post
    Fi/Bo can get 100% crit chance, supplemented with crafted doublesaber rainbow to make use of Craft Mastery and Elemental Stance. It's so meta
    Ah, I totally forgot about BO as a possible usage. I like the sound of the tree a lot. Thanks for the idea!

Don't use bo, it's defintiely not meta and definitely not a good idea. He's trolling.
    Bo sub will always have less damage boost than hu sub and require an expensive of every weapon you use.
    The only point in going FiBo is when you use Bo weapons in the first place and fi is the support class, used as main to take advantage of Limit Break.

If you use Fi weapons there is no reason not to sub hu for the much better fury stance dmg boost.
    Hu also comes with stance critical chance raise if you care (but optional) and direct s-atk boost.

But it also has great survivability with automate deadline, massive hunter, flashguard, iron will, etc.
    A number of these you can spec even after maxing all fury and ja boost skills.
    Also does not require a rainbow.
    And has warcry which is a good asset for fi because fi stance depend on whether enemies are facing you.
    Though I wouldn't put more than 1 sp into it.
    Last edited by Achelousaurus; Aug 5, 2015 at 12:28 PM.

The skill simulator is down atm but I found a cached version. It has no icons but it supports loading from url:
    Fighter + Hunter

This is pretty close to my own builds.
    I added hu main skills so you don't need an extra tree for that, but there are still sp leftover.
    I prefer Iron Will over Automate Deadline (which most of this board loves to death) because with a bad ping Automate is useless whereas Iron Will is a huge, unconditional life saver. If your ping is good Automate might be better.
    There is no definite value you need for it to work and ping can vary anyway, so the only way to find out if it does work for you is to fully spec it and check if mates are used fast enough and don't come nearly a second later so enemies have ample time to kill you (like for me).

For fi I specced dual stance cause only for solo play is brave enough, the instant other players are involved you cannot rely on having aggro. Fi stance are crappy enough as is, but only speccing one means a lot of time you don't get a dmg boost.

You can't spec Limit Break and both stances at the moment because without the LB support skills (Crazy Beat, Half- and Deadline Slayer) the damage is too low to use it.
    And with them you don't have anywhere near enough points.

You can put some hu points in flashguard 1/2, but I wouldn't get flash techguard cause most tech attacks are only reduced by resistance to that element and not general tech resistance.

PS: warcry has its limited use but since 90% of the aggro depends on damage output, it can easily become useless and even at 10 points doesn't give you nearly enough aggro. It also only affects the enemies in range on activation and no new enemies that come into range.
    At times it failed me even grabbing aggro when dragonkin where fighting darkers in a solo quest =/

Quote Originally Posted by Cortte View Post
    I gotta be honest. I really REALLY dislike the FI tree in this game. I love all the weapons, but the tree sucks so badly IMO. I am determined to play with Double Saber though since maxing out all of my ranged based classes. What is a good build and class combo for someone going Double Saber?

EDIT: To be more specific I am generally a bossing build type of player, as mobs drop like flies anyway. So a boss hunting build is what I prefer.
    Two choices; For both cases I'm assuming you'd want to use Double Sabers only. If you change your mind, drop Chase Advance to 1 so you can grab TD, Knuckles Gear + its respective boost.
    Both builds should have 1 SP into Rare Mastery in FI, 1 SP into Step Advance in HU (Can be removed), and 1 SP into War Cry.

Limit Break
    This build takes Chase Advance & Chase Advance +, Limit Break & Iron Will + Never Give Up so you can go crazy with a hefty boost to S-ATK + 20% damage on everything.
    Of course, this build assumes you are confident on RNG or good evasion/guarding skills.
    You lose out on Wise Stance, but there's not much situations that would need Wise Stance because most of them that do go down fast.
    S-ATK UP 1 is preference in this build, feel free to drop it if you want to use HU as a main in the near future.

Dual Stance
    This build drops Limit Break in favor of using Brave & Wise stance, and drops Iron Will for S-ATK UP and Automate Halfline.
    Without Limit Break, your source of damage boosts now come from stance juggling, that is trying to use the best stance in situations, and drops Iron Will to 1 for Automate Halfline.
    S-ATK UP 3 is a SP dump for a damage boost.
    Note that Iron Will, Automate Halfline and S-ATK UP are preferences in this build, and can be freely changed around.

If I've missed anything or made some incorrections regarding build advice, please feel free to correct them.

Quote Originally Posted by supersai8 View Post
    If I've missed anything or made some incorrections regarding build advice, please feel free to correct them.
    Don't mind if I will:

Why 10 points in Strike Up 1? 3 in Up 1, 3 in Up 2, 4 in Up 3 - you get the same s-atk (50) but unlock the option of putting more points into Strike Up 3 which is much more point-effective.

A Fighter with Critical Strike benefits A LOT from +crit skills. Why no Fury Critical and Brave Critical? Each of those gives +(roughly) 5% damage for 10 SP. Strike Up gives, at best, +2.5% for the same amount of points.

Deadline Slayer is acceptable, but Halfline Slayer is pretty poor investment of points - except for unlocking Crazy Heart and Beat that is. Speaking of which, Crazy Heart 1 and Crazy Beat 5 will benefit you more than the opposite.

No comment regarding Chase Advance as it's personal preference, but Halfline Boost will work only if you have a weapon that can afflict. Well, maybe it affects Chase Bind, but this build doesn't have it.

Compared to how many points you need to put into it to make it viable (20, maybe 30 if you want crit too), you get very little use out of Wise Stance. I find it interesting how you changed from Iron Will to Automate because Limit Break is no longer there, it shows understanding of game mechanics. But Wise Stance is just... not worth it.

That's it from my critique. I hope this helps the OP too.
    Last edited by TehCubey; Aug 5, 2015 at 08:07 PM.