Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cyber Meteor View Post
    Btw, flower darkers next? lol, that could be cool
    We've had them from the start, it's just that most people don't consider them "Darkers" in the sense that they aren't enemies that pop up in fields, but are rather just objects for E-Codes.

We already have Bulf, Gel Bulf, Funji, Darchyme, Baize.... the only "enemy" that the plant Darkers actually have would be Anga Fundarge, which has a Darchyme as its lower torso (and I've been saying this for ages, but people won't believe me).

Those things "fit" with the whole theme of the PD - they're somewhat formless, they're all parasites that try to soak in all the nutrients around them (in this case, PD wants to drink up every last photon, which would effectively mean drinking the life of the universe i.e. complete destruction of all existence to sustain itself), and they have multiple "parts" to them; Elder would be the stem and branches, Loser would be the roots, Double would be the seeds, Apprentice would be the Hornet that spreads the pollen allowing the seeds to become germinated and thus sprout more plants (referencing the almost infinite troop count that the Falzes have outside of Double just cloning shit), and Persona would be the deceptive nature of the plant itself (ergo, a plant that looks edible but is in fact actually poisonous or vice versa).

Now with that said.... Matoi, you went fucking Pollux on us. What the hell. You NEVER go Pollux, kappa. Even though it's Episode 3, which totes fits the whole PSO1 to PSO2 conversion theme here. Does this make Persona the Castor of the game, or would Double be Castor in this case?

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Also, [Apprentice] is officially dead:
    Spoiler!

Eucrita finally broke free of the small vestige of [Apprentice] still surviving in her, meaning that no part of [Apprentice] is still alive. It's just doppelgangers now.
    Quote Originally Posted by GHNeko View Post
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

It would be lame if we never got yo fight the leader of the most prominent group of Darkers at the peak of their power.

Wonder how they intend address that portion of Apprentice's power that's still sealed somewhere on Lillipa.

Friends with Ragne-chan! Maenara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post
    It would be lame if we never got yo fight the leader of the most prominent group of Darkers at the peak of their power.

Wonder how they intend address that portion of Apprentice's power that's still sealed somewhere on Lillipa.
    The Profound Darkness can just make a new [Apprentice] that's just as real as the old one was.
    this is an absolutely disgusting post

reported.
    Maenara - Level 75 HU/FI/RA/GU/FO/TE/BR/BO

The Place of Weissbier and People with funny accents

Quote Originally Posted by Rakurai View Post

... if there ever was anything, could be very well that Double merely send her on a wild Goose chase to ensure she doesn't question her lack of Power.

Quote Originally Posted by Maenara View Post
    The Profound Darkness can just make a new [Apprentice] that's just as real as the old one was.
    You know, now that I think about it.....

Matoi's original goal was to "save everyone", right? If you preserve all the defeated ARKS and just keep making clones of them, the clones may die due to our intervention, but they would still be "saved" in a sense (albeit a very twisted interpretation of the word "saved").

----------------------

Also, as I said earlier, plants and insects DO have a symbiotic relationship - certain insects spread pollen from one group of plants to germinate the seeds of another group. In this case, Matoi would be harnessing her symbiosis with Apprentice's insect tribe, ensuring that her army always has reinforcements (take the lives of other ARKS, and in the process, their mind, body, and to a degree their soul so as to have the basic ingredients needed to make copies).

I mean, the only other group of life to have population booms of this calibre (besides insects, I mean) is plant life.

P.S. I'm going to make a post describing some of the things I've noticed SEGA doing with the Falzes; though I imagine it'll just be "another Renvalt post" to you guys, I'm still going to make it anyways.

Go on go on, what you say sounds very interesting to me.
    oh boy cant wait for this class to be op on release and for everyone and their mom to run only this class for a week and failing all the EQs.

Could have a little relationship but Apprentice has a special ability to make other ppl under her influence (presumably after their death), she calls it her "natural charm" in MB 2-6. Though for an insect-type evil it's pretty unusual since this kind of ability would be more like of a "pollen" imo rather than an insect-queen type

Also, uploading some PSO2 musics on Youtube when i got enough time to do it, i might have what you're looking for : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHr...C9cNXO0AjuItAA

Sayara is gonna hate some of the noises mobs in this story quest make btw...

Quote Originally Posted by Poyonche View Post
    Go on go on, what you say sounds very interesting to me.
    It's going to take a GOOD long while for me to do my write up, so I'll just drop a small tidbit here: each "Falz" has taken after a nomenclature of PSO1's Soundtrack, to a degree.

"Pray/Cry, For IDOLA the Holy" - the penitent man who seeks redemption for the woman he loved, but could not save. Represents Gettemhalt and his mourning over losing Sheena, as well as his clinging to Dia as a means to cope with the trauma (or perhaps atone for his actions in what could be seen as through the eyes of Melphonshina, by looking after her sister, Melrondia). His irritating and cruel behavior is understandable, as he's about on the edge of snapping, his love of Sheena and Dia being the only thing keeping him from completely losing his shit.

"IDOLA the Immortal Feather/Have the Divine Blade" - the omniscient and eternal king who rules over all existence, with final say on whether anyone (or everyone) lives or dies. The feather in this case represents Loser's motif as a "heavenly angel or bird", and is a reference to the fact that in some places, YHVH is seen as a tyrant ("you're either with me or against me, and I decide your usefulness - if you have any"). Also references Loser's bid for immortality, and to become the center of all things.

"IDOLA The Sacred Fruits" - the result of growth or procreation of life, either through the germination of seeds or the fertilization of eggs. Represents the Double twins, who take the form of children. Important tidbit: Double MAY be based off of a possibility that, had the Profound Darkness not interjected into affairs in the way it did, Matoi would have married the protagonist (in this instance, we'll assume it's the poster boy AKA PSO2's HUMar) and the consummation may have resulted in twins - the aforemention children that are Double.

Beyond this point is speculative bullshit, naturally, but....

"The Shell's Desert/IDOLA The Fanatic Viper" - the determined, yet destructive serpent designed to crush any and all resistance in an effort to obtain what it desires. In this case, the song more than likely represents Apprentice, who has been clawing at the walls of the ARKS' facilities on Lillipa (specifically, the Mining Bases which drill the ore that lay within Lillipa's soil, which is where Apprentice's power had been sealed and more than likely spread out to the entirety of the planet's surface).

One could argue that Apprentice needs a specific "quota" of unpurified Liliparium to take on her true form (we can assume that the reason the "Towers" must be protected are that they exist as the "refineries" that convert Liliparium into a useable substance), thus she is relentlessly chewing at the shell of our "desert" operations (notice the pun emphasis there). Thus, "The Fanatic Viper gnaws at The Shell's Desert".
    Last edited by Renvalt; Jul 29, 2015 at 09:16 AM.