Default Does DEX/APT effect Tech damage?

I can't seem to find much in the way of information on how DEX/APT functions, other than it reduces the damage range on attacks. What I definitely haven't been able to find is whether or not it has any effect on T-ATK skills. Since I'm pretty much going to be running Bo/Fo indefinitely, I figure having some DEX on my Mag will help out my Jet Boot hits, since I'm assuming they're still following normal attack rules. But what about my Techs?

Wand Whacking Addict

Dex decreases the damage range of attacks, strike, ranged, and tech.

However, weapons that are 7* and above (except red/blue weapons) have a default minimum damage of 90%, so dex is pretty useless assuming you're using one of those.

Dex is mainly used when crafting weapons, which removes the 90% minimum.

This post is a bit old but it should still be relevant
    http://www.reddit.com/r/PSO2/comment...ing_explained/
    Ship 02
    Ziyon
    62/30/42/58/55/75/75/55

Quote Originally Posted by AkuTenshiiZero View Post
    I can't seem to find much in the way of information on how DEX/APT functions, other than it reduces the damage range on attacks. What I definitely haven't been able to find is whether or not it has any effect on T-ATK skills. Since I'm pretty much going to be running Bo/Fo indefinitely, I figure having some DEX on my Mag will help out my Jet Boot hits, since I'm assuming they're still following normal attack rules. But what about my Techs?
    Jet boots' normal attack and PA actually scale off from Tatk (unless if using Swicth Strike, BO main only, to make it scale from Satk // yes, JB's listed Satk is useless otherwise), but use striking % modifier (like fury stance or Brave Stance). Technics always scale off from your Tatk and weapon Tatk if advaible.

I'm going to be that guy, but FO doesn't offer much as a sub for JB bouncer, other than raw Tatk for their PA, which get outdone fast by HU or FI. Of the two, FI offer damage % for everything, making for the better hybrid gameplay, and despite their skills being situational, BO as a easy time taking advantage of them. HU barely boost tech damage, but is more reliable for PA and gaining HU' survival tools. Personally, as a FO player, if I'm running as JB BO on that character, I pair it with FI.
    Ship 2
    ID: Mentalist
    Chareen, FOTE
    Tasia, GUHU/RA, RAHU or SUGU.

I've done some testing with Dex and figured out that it does more than just change your minimum damage. Though it would be a waste of breath in this day trying to explain that since after all this time the general idea is still pump all the attack you can.

That said if your Dex is lower than your enemies Dex you lose damage/take more damage from their attacks. Though natural levels should put you on par with enemies. If your Dex is higher than your enemies you will do more damage/take less damage from their attacks. Up to 98% of your weapons/techs max damage.

There is more than that but the other benefits might not really be better than putting attack unless you are running a Braver or Bouncer with their mag skill.

Short Version. Yes Dex even affects the damage scale of your techs.