Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I'm a new JP PSO2 FO/TE player and I have a lot of questions...

So from what I can tell reading the forums (or maybe just the forum posts I was... fortunate enough to stumble upon) there is a pretty noticeable divide between people who like to hang out and chat and spam LA and the people who like to mash monsters and swim in nice things. As much as I'd like to have lots of cool and rare LA, and costumes, and voices and whatever... I'm desperately wanting to make my character perform as I think it should.

Running through the game for the first time, levelling up was easy for the most part (I've only been playing for ~2 weeks, so boost week helped me immensely I'm sure). Once I got to SH/XH though, it felt like I hit a huge brick wall. Dodging as a FO is free and easy, but the damage I do feels as though I'm taking up a spot for nothing more than Shifta/Deband (unless a dedicated Techer is around, then not even that) and my 5 ol' Moon Atomizers. I want to be perfectly clear - I DO NOT LIKE THIS. I DO NOT WANT TO LEECH. I DO NOT WANT TO BE BLACKLISTED OR KICKED FOR BEING BAD.

There are a couple of streamers I've caught on twitch at various times, and the kind of gear they have makes me A) insanely jealous and B) inspired to be even 70% or hell, 50% as strong as they are. I honestly don't know where to start. I think I may have picked the wrong set to sink money into (I don't have Saiki, so I put Elder/T3/Latan on an 3pc Elder set x.x), and up until recently I have Tekked all my weapons as DARK which now I feel like I've inadvertently gimped my damage because it seems there's a fondness towards Fire/Light... I barely have any Meseta (like 2.3m) and my TACO are all on cooldown right now. For every one thing I know, I'm sure there are ten things more important that I could know and I just hope somebody can help.

TL;DR - New player, feels weak. Wants to be strong and helpful. SHIP 2 because "that's where all the English players are". Sorry for wall o' text.

Welcome to PSO2, if you're not ks-ing, you're being ks-ed but in the grand scheme of things that really doesn't matter. Honestly, the games meta revolving around 12-man parties spamming dps will make anyone feel like they're not really contributing but that's just how the game works.

There's a few ways to feel "useful", but mostly it's just going to be wailing on enemies until they drop. If you're not getting hit, elder set is not really THAT bad... at that point saiki will just be there for the pp since you do take a slight damage cut.

Probably you're best bet is to go lurk the force thread since they were discussing weapons and go grind yourself something better. Dark is definitely the weakest tech since most of the enemies will not be weak to it and I believe darkers have native dark resistance?

That or learn to spam zondeel efficiently and people will love you for it.
    Ship 5 - LF Friends
    Player ID name: machiko1
    Character name: 雪月花

Out of curiosity have you tried Techer main? A friend of mine exclusively played Fo/Te until I showed her my Te/Br at which point she instantly switched and said she doesn't want to ever go back.

Wand Lovers, Wand Gear, Crafted Zondeel, Super buffs = Easy mob domination! You would seriously decimate mobs with a only a small learning curve. Mastering the class combo is much harder though (Banish arrow spell combos).

Just an idea if you want an easy time holding your weight in a group

Sorry, I'm very new to forums in general. Where is the specific Force thread I can view? I've 50 attributed every weapon I've mained, as well as starting to unlock potentials if it makes sense ( I usually consult Cirnopedia to see). I'm trying to get my Techer to 75 so she has a Volcano Mace+10 with Potential 3. My FO currently uses Cadaceus + 10 with no potential since it's just a stat stick for me, and I'm too poor for the grinding of my 300G-Badge 13* I farmed... Hopefully soon I'll get my hands on a Bert Rodan or something so at least I'll get the Potential from it. I've heard it's a good mid-tier Rod for a Fire FO.

If I did that I'd have to buy (more) AC to get either a skill reset or buy some skill trees. I'm pretty sure I messed both of mine up a little bit, but to main Techer would require an overhaul I'm certain.

Quote Originally Posted by SilviteRamirez View Post
    So from what I can tell reading the forums (or maybe just the forum posts I was... fortunate enough to stumble upon) there is a pretty noticeable divide between people who like to hang out and chat and spam LA and the people who like to mash monsters and swim in nice things. As much as I'd like to have lots of cool and rare LA, and costumes, and voices and whatever... I'm desperately wanting to make my character perform as I think it should.

Running through the game for the first time, levelling up was easy for the most part (I've only been playing for ~2 weeks, so boost week helped me immensely I'm sure). Once I got to SH/XH though, it felt like I hit a huge brick wall. Dodging as a FO is free and easy, but the damage I do feels as though I'm taking up a spot for nothing more than Shifta/Deband (unless a dedicated Techer is around, then not even that) and my 5 ol' Moon Atomizers. I want to be perfectly clear - I DO NOT LIKE THIS. I DO NOT WANT TO LEECH. I DO NOT WANT TO BE BLACKLISTED OR KICKED FOR BEING BAD.

There are a couple of streamers I've caught on twitch at various times, and the kind of gear they have makes me A) insanely jealous and B) inspired to be even 70% or hell, 50% as strong as they are. I honestly don't know where to start. I think I may have picked the wrong set to sink money into (I don't have Saiki, so I put Elder/T3/Latan on an 3pc Elder set x.x), and up until recently I have Tekked all my weapons as DARK which now I feel like I've inadvertently gimped my damage because it seems there's a fondness towards Fire/Light... I barely have any Meseta (like 2.3m) and my TACO are all on cooldown right now. For every one thing I know, I'm sure there are ten things more important that I could know and I just hope somebody can help.

TL;DR - New player, feels weak. Wants to be strong and helpful. SHIP 2 because "that's where all the English players are". Sorry for wall o' text.
    If you're a FoTe, all weapons 'light' doesn't apply. Rather, you want a weapon that matches the element of the spells you are using.

The biggest things that are probably causing you to miss out on damage:

1. Did you even bother to do anything with your skill tree
    2. What rarity are your weapons?
    3. Are any of your weapons grinded to +10 (doing so makes them anywhere from 1.4x to 2x as strong)
    4. Are your weapons 50% element, or just 23-34 or whatever?

Instead of bert rodan, you can try getting the kouhousen talis (it has the fire potential that bert has). With talis tech bonus, it actually has higher damage than the 11*, but kouhousen is a cheap 10* that probably costs 1,050 meseta.
    Last edited by Chdata; Aug 4, 2015 at 01:31 PM.
    [All Class] Nue Houjuu / [GuHu] Remilia Scarlet from Ship 02.
    74HU - 52FI - 71RA - 60GU - 75FO - 75TE - 75BR - 66BO | 68GU - 62HU - 47RA
    Leader of team Touhou.
    Community owner/developer of TF2Data | Now playing: VRChat

Curiously attractive for a fish man Zorafim's Avatar

Craft a set of equipment or get some 11*s, and grind them to 10. Follow one of the skill point builds on this forum. Grab the current popular PA for your preferred weapon/spec. And learn the boss's attach patterns.
    That should be all you need. The rest is grinding boringly content to get exp to make the game even more boringly easy.

And how is this game attracting new players? How does anyone know about this game?

As a FO/TE main, here's what you do:

• Get a weapon for each element you'll be using and grind the attribute up to 50%. Having weapons with high attributes that match the techs linked to them is very important for a Force. Premium helps with this part a lot since you can buy pre-made 10*s/11*s with it. Try to get something with a good Potential if you can (like Potentials that boosts the damage of Techs of a certain element. Example: for Light, Caduceus would be your go-to option for a Rod if you have 11* passes... or the patience to farm Loser.)
    • Only worry about getting a rainbow palette if you have multiple FO/TE trees or if you're planning on playing FO/BR.
    • Customize your techs. Some customizations can make a huge difference. For example, a charge time reduction customization for Ragrants turns it into a powerful boss killer for anything with a Light weakness. Since you can commission other people for Tech customization, you don't have to worry about spending a lot of time leveling your own crafting. Oh, and save those level 11+ Tech discs. You're gonna need them for these customizations.
    • When you reach level 70, Claris Claes will give you two Client Orders for the Ultimate Quests. Just get a party and kill things with Techs and you can complete them. Your rewards are Compound Techs, highly damaging subpalette skills that can wipe out some minibosses in seconds. Particularly Fomelgion, the Fire/Dark one.
    • Remember the skills that are exclusive to each weapon type. Talis can get a 20% bonus to techs used while the Talis is thrown. Rod has some bonuses too, but I've never used them. I dunno if they're worth it. Maybe they are if you plan on never using Talises ever.
    • Dark can still be good in certain situations, especially if you go Light/Dark in your Techer tree. Get strong Dark weapon, craft Megid for faster projectile speed and Gimegid for quicker charging, and deal major damage to Floating Continent dragons and Kuronites.
    Last edited by Mega Ultra Chicken; Aug 4, 2015 at 03:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chdata View Post
    If you're a FoTe, all weapons 'light' doesn't apply. Rather, you want a weapon that matches the element of the spells you are using.

The biggest things that are probably causing you to miss out on damage:

1. Did you even bother to do anything with your skill tree
    2. What rarity are your weapons?
    3. Are any of your weapons grinded to +10 (doing so makes them anywhere from 1.4x to 2x as strong)
    4. Are your weapons 50% element, or just 23-34 or whatever?

Instead of bert rodan, you can try getting the kouhousen talis (it has the fire potential that bert has). With talis tech bonus, it actually has higher damage than the 11*, but kouhousen is a cheap 10* that probably costs 1,050 meseta.
    I answered some of these above but I'll just put that information here again.
    1. Yeah I've always spent my skill points, and I was following somebody's tree but I'm not sure I've optimized my build and I'm not in a position to buy more AC right now so it'll have to work.. I'd post my trees if I knew how.
    2. My FO's Rod is a Cadaceus +10 grinded to 50 Dark (x.x, I'll have to buy an element changer sometime I guess, or just wait for a new weapon), and my TE is currently using a Volcano Mace +10 with Potential 3 unlocked and a Gal Wind+10 because it's the highest rarity thing I've found.
    3. Yes ^
    4. Only my Cadaceus is 50 attribute it seems, I thought I did the other two weapons but it looks like I forgot. Guess I'll need even MORE element changes and fodders...

for newbie you must do these to make your life easily

1. Read info about adding skill, know what you want to add (Fo have differents builds base on elements, you need premium to add skill page or have to choose carefully if you don't want to buy cash)

2. Everyone start from a noob -> leech at low level so it's not a shame, it's a shame if you are at high level and still leeching so don't worry.

3. For newbie the best and easily achieved set are from Zieg, just get his 11* units +10 and use until you get brisa (from magatsu) or saiki (from gunegam)
    if you want those end game set, just stick with EQs, and gunegam triggers MPA (they often start at boost days/weeks)

4. You already got some good weapon out there but remember what 's weapon element you need (base on your build or weapon 's potential). And these days 100+ atk for each equipment is a must
    so try: Soul + tech III - fever - modulator on your weapon. it's not so expensive and you can have 100-105 atk. (but for unit it will cost atleast 20m )

5. Keep doing DO every day, TA, coxq every week. And XQ, AQ if you have free time. It's all the way you can get your money. Another choice is trading at the visiphone but with non prem players it's will be hard. Sticking with EQs you will ahve good stuff and excubes to exchange.

that 's all that i can recomend
    Last edited by hoangsea; Aug 4, 2015 at 09:17 PM.