87. You may not vote on this poll
  • Automate

48 55.17%
  • Iron Will

31 35.63%
  • Neither

8 9.20%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

I should note this. I have a maxed iron will on my HU tree but I do not rely on it. That said there is a split second time period where anything can still kill you after Iron Will activates. This has been a known issue for awhile and still isn't fixed.

If a group of mobs are attacking you in succession, or a Decol is minigunning you down, and your Iron Will activates - You will probably die anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Vatallus View Post
    Granted automate can save your life when you are stuck between a wall and a hard place.
    It's really meant to let you keep attacking without having to stop for mates. Look at all the hyper armor hunter weapons get. Or melee weapons in general.

I like Iron Will + Limit Break. Particularly useful on Magatsu. Except that I dodge most of his attacks.
    Haven't really tried Automate, but I expect it to not activate because of lag.
    Last edited by TaigaUC; Aug 6, 2015 at 08:06 PM.

^If you're lagging, even Iron Will won't activate properly.

@topic
    I have full Automate since EP3 starts, and it's easily the best survival tool from HU. And if I have spare point(s), it's either 1/10 into Iron Will, or 2/10 Iron Will and 1/5 Never Give Up. No more than that because not 100% means you can get dudu'ed! D:
    (Kazuki, RA or BR/HU, Human♂) (Yusei, FO/TE or FI, Newman♂)(Zane, TE or BR/HU, Deuman♂)
    Ship: 2-Ur

That said there is a split second time period where anything can still kill you after Iron Will activates. This has been a known issue for awhile and still isn't fixed.

If a group of mobs are attacking you in succession, or a Decol is minigunning you down, and your Iron Will activates - You will probably die anyway.
    This is one reason why Automate is better between the two. The issue has been around from the start but not limited to IW, most if not all skills are affected by this.
    You activate skill, skill first immediately goes to cooldown and then after/during the animation or after a slight bit of time in IW's case, you get skill applied. So if you were to use Massive Hunter, load up Weak Bullet, or use a stance for example and get hit with something that at least staggers you while you do it, you won't get the effect and you have to wait for the cooldown. Sega did "address" the issue....if you're a RA by making Massive Bullet so you can't get interrupted when loading special ammo (WB). So yeah, don't expect this issue to ever be fixed as it was likely an intentional feature.

I used to run Iron Will + Never Give Up and Warcry + Warbrave on my old Fi/ Hu tree, was fun.
    Now I only have 1 point in Iron Will and the rest goes into S-Attack up.

I should note this. I have a maxed iron will on my HU tree but I do not rely on it. That said there is a split second time period where anything can still kill you after Iron Will activates. This has been a known issue for awhile and still isn't fixed.

It's due to lag and latency i believe.

And there's rare occasion when the game are lagging so bad it'll will fail to trigger the skill, but already show the shield-like effect just like when the skill are supposed to be succesfully activated, but it isn't and you'll be left died on the floor instead.
    Last edited by wefwq; Aug 7, 2015 at 02:53 AM.

use both,

but i only spend 1 point on iron will

Automate's good for Bouncer since it supplements their healing. For other class combos, I can't stand it. Instead, I'd rather go with Flash Guard to just take less damage in general.

Iron Will for Fighter, but automate is overall the most op skill in the game. Wish they would remove or nerf it so we'd have some semblance of difficulty in the game.