Page 1 of 31 123411 ... LastLast

Default Horrible Challenge Mode Groups

I'm sure that all of us at some point have attempted to run Challenge Mode on the Shared Ship only to find that the group you're running it with is horrible. Many deaths occurring, not clearing areas as quick as possible, poor communication with other players since they usually don't speak English which is completely understandable, and many other issues. Thanks to all these issues it makes it even harder to earn our Ideal Weapons which aren't that bad really. I'm not trying to say that I'm the best of the best, but my point is I don't die often, it's rare to be honest. I just want successful runs where we can clear all the missions with little to no problems.
    The unknown becomes the known eventually.

"i don't die" doesn't mean you're a good CMer, buy the correct weps, coordinate properly, or anything else all that relevant.

Psychotic Asian Goth Girl [Ayumi]'s Avatar

I've tried CMode a couple times, and every one I tried to do, we've always lost around the caves after Burn Draal.

I gave up on CMode since then.

Quote Originally Posted by adios View Post
    "i don't die" doesn't mean you're a good CMer, buy the correct weps, coordinate properly, or anything else all that relevant.
    Yes you're right, but do understand that I did say that I'm not the best of the best. The point that I tried making is it's very difficult for players who are actually good at Challenge Mode to earn their Ideal Weapons quickly if most of the runs turn out horrible. I see people drop dead like flies all the time and it's very annoying when they're not being revived and I'm personally out of Moon Atomizers. I use proper weapons, and it's hard to coordinate with others if little to no communication is being made except by running around and killing all enemies with the other members of the group. So what else can be done?
    Last edited by Kusurian; Aug 9, 2015 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by [Ayumi] View Post
    I've tried CMode a couple times, and every one I tried to do, we've always lost around the caves after Burn Draal.

I gave up on CMode since then.
    Perhaps you should try running Challenge Mode again sometime? I wouldn't mind running it with you if you would like? It would be nice to get a group together to try for a successful run.

You can try farming the new Kuron area instead, for the new 13*s.
    PSP2 >
    K.O. Kazjivo

Quote Originally Posted by K.O. Kazjivo View Post
    You can try farming the new Kuron area instead, for the new 13*s.
    I planned to at some point, just working on leveling my classes right now. As of right now I can do Super Hard but I would rather unlock Extra Hard as quick as possible right now.
    Last edited by Kusurian; Aug 9, 2015 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kusurian View Post
    Yes you're right, but do understand that I did say that I'm not the best of the best. The point that I tried making is it's very difficult for players who are actually good at Challenge Mode to earn their Ideal Weapons quickly if most of the runs turn out horrible. I see people drop dead like flies all the time and it's very annoying when they're not being revived and I'm personally out of Moon Atomizers. I use proper weapons, and it's hard to coordinate with others if little to no communication is being made except by running around and killing all enemies with the other members of the group. So what else can be done?
    Tell the others to stop taking so many hits, and start playing as if they only have enough HP to survive 2 hits.

While dying is an issue, it's not what kills most runs. What kills most runs is the number of times the players in the MPA get hit - VRE decreases faster when you take damage, regardless of the amount of damage. If you take one hit that causes large damage and get killed, you can regain pretty much all of it back minus a smidge lost from taking the hit that lead to the death, just by using a moon atomizer. But if you take 20 hits, and survive, the fact stands that you just lost 20 hits worth of VRE, and you can't recover it back without picking up more capsules.

In the end it's a balancing act, since you also need to be a bit aggressive in order to keep pace with the VRE you have. Sometimes in the effort to not take hits, you don't go all in, and it takes longer to get things done, which is also a bad thing. Just need to be more aware of incoming attacks and keep moving forward.

Edit: As people have commented I'm wrong on the VR drain increasing when getting hit.
    Last edited by Lyrise; Aug 9, 2015 at 11:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post
    Tell the others to stop taking so many hits, and start playing as if they only have enough HP to survive 2 hits.

While dying is an issue, it's not what kills most runs. What kills most runs is the number of times the players in the MPA get hit - VRE decreases faster when you take damage, regardless of the amount of damage. If you take one hit that causes large damage and get killed, you can regain pretty much all of it back minus a smidge lost from taking the hit that lead to the death, just by using a moon atomizer. But if you take 20 hits, and survive, the fact stands that you just lost 20 hits worth of VRE, and you can't recover it back without picking up more capsules.

In the end it's a balancing act, since you also need to be a bit aggressive in order to keep pace with the VRE you have. Sometimes in the effort to not take hits, you don't go all in, and it takes longer to get things done, which is also a bad thing. Just need to be more aware of incoming attacks and keep moving forward.
    Does it really drain whenever someone gets hit? I do know that it drains much quicker when people die, and then time itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Lyrise View Post

The statement of decreasing VR when anyone gets hits have been proved several times to be false. Only thing that affect VR is death, which depletes 10% of VR (and can be restored when using a moon).

Pretty much is lack of DPS that kills runs, and bad weapon choices. You can facetank anything and you won't get any VR penalty unless you die. The problem with getting hit is that you're not dealing damage, which returns in less DPS